Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12-21-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default 12-21-12

I am really inattentive sorry

PL Valkarya- 65 dex/int Mage~Ubernova- 51 str bear~Bearwithbow- 27 farmer dex bear~valksfarmer- 10 farmer bird
    SL Uberhealer- 40 engi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I still say we need Mayans Fail shirt vanities in all sts games come saturday!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't believe that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brickgame View Post
    LIST OF DATES FOR APOCALYPTIC EVENTS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...alyptic_events

Did you know that our world/civilization has been predicted to end many times dating way back before the 1st century? In fact, after Dec. 21, 2012, another "end of the world" date awaits on 2018 These people are date setters, and that's what they do, set dates for different reasons...their twisted cults beliefs, profit, trolling, etc. Well...see you next at the next end of the world date
    I'd laugh my *** off if one day, all of a sudden, the world just ended. Luckily, Micah and I will be shaking hands with some awesome people XD! -Or at least we hope-

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Did you know that our world/civilization has been predicted to end many times dating way back before the 1st century? In fact, after Dec. 21, 2012, another "end of the world" date awaits on 2018 These people are date setters, and that's what they do, set dates for different reasons...their twisted cults beliefs, profit, trolling, etc. Well...see you next at the next end of the world date
    Never seen that page before. Really interesting. Funny how the page has the word "revised" in it 13 times.

Edit:

They forgot June 6th 2006 as a date (6-6-6)
    Last edited by KingFu; 12-18-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Haha it wont end man. I mean look at all the other dates people said and crap.. We will live.. If not.. I lived a pretty awesome life

Want a graphic? Click my sig pic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Don't worry guys, this "doomsday" is just a superstition created by a bunch of trolls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Too be honest guys there has been so many predictions about this and I feel they choose random dates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Actually the Mayans didn't "predict" the end of the world, the Mayan calendar just resets and everyone took that to the streets as "THE WORLDS ENDING!"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffinfan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It didn't really reset as far as I know it just ends. And if you think about it after chipping away at rock for all that time the probably got near the enough of 2013 and thought hey we'try good let's go grab a beer. Shortly after their civilization ended thus ending their calendar making careers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    Actually the Mayans didn't "predict" the end of the world, the Mayan calendar just resets and everyone took that to the streets as "THE WORLDS ENDING!"
    Which is why it's listed as a prediction made by "various". Misconceptions count...

Already been stated numerous times in this thread anyways. Here's a quote from a Wikipedia page even:
    The current (13th) baktun will end, or be completed, on 13.0.0.0.0 on the Solstice (December 21, 2012 using the GMT correlation). This also marks the beginning of the 14th baktun, as such a term is usually used among Mayanists.
    Last edited by KingFu; 12-19-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    The Bible also states in it (in I think Corinthians) that the end of time is, and will always be unknown to man until the event occurs. Remember the whole May 21st of 2011 thing with the Christian radio host? That's why it was so funny. People heard about his numerical decoding and threw money at his church as donations to prepare for it, and now they're screwed out of the money because they didn't know what a total contradiction it was.

Also, I believe the Mayans were the first to proper create an accurate calendar. As for not accumulating for the leap year, I think that's not true since as the post above me states their advances in astronomy, that shouldn't have been a problem for them.
    Bear in mind there are such a thing as false Christians.

The Mayans may have been the first to make a calendar but that doesn't give them the authority to say when the world ends.

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

the world won't end the 21/12/2012 -.-

There is no Scientific troubles that have been obverved.. Nothing can happen.

Unless Aliens, who found a way to teleport to us, send us a black hole right in our face, but it is kinda improbable isn't it? ..

Oh dam! it is the 20/12/2012 in france! :'(.. It is my last day :'( !!
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

We have professional world ending foreseers. That should convince more than enough that this is just a media hype.
    Last edited by dudetus; 12-19-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324:899367
    Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO:898562
    It's a dumb myth based on misunderstanding one minorities culture, derp.
    Minorities? They were more advanced than us. Even with all of our modern technology, they were still more advanced.

One example.. we calculated the universe is around 14 billion years old. The Maya predicted it is around 15 billion years old. The more and more advanced we get, the closer we are getting to the 15.5 billion (or whatever number it was) mark they predicted.
    Minority is not a derogatory label, it just means that there are less of them than the majority. Also, although the Mayans were very advanced for their time, they were not as advanced as the developed countries today.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

To even say one is MORE advanced is wrong at least and possibly racist (at least due to ignorance if not apathy).
    To quantify what makes a culture "advanced" tells you more about the cultures values who are using those terminologies.

The exact page in the Dresden codex (which is only one of four books to be saved from the genocide) that deals with that day Is half missing. Imagine only having say, half of the book of revalations, and then trying to guess what it means.
    I'm not sayin anyone's racist here , but it is a bit insensitive to revel in our cultural ignorance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

i spent a summer with a mayan tribe in soph year of highschool for a summer community service program, and they say the world ending is a bunch of crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    Minorities? They were more advanced than us. Even with all of our modern technology, they were still more advanced.

One example.. we calculated the universe is around 14 billion years old. The Maya predicted it is around 15 billion years old. The more and more advanced we get, the closer we are getting to the 15.5 billion (or whatever number it was) mark they predicted.
    You really believe in that number? can you imagine how we would exist if it was 15 billion years old, the sun would have burned the earth to crisp because the sun is shrinking every 10 minutes, the sun would haave been bigger/or as big as the solar system ^^

12/20/12- 1 day!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffinfan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Tomorrow guys.. tomorrow.. xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    You really believe in that number? can you imagine how we would exist if it was 15 billion years old, the sun would have burned the earth to crisp because the sun is shrinking every 10 minutes, the sun would haave been bigger/or as big as the solar system ^^

12/20/12- 1 day!!

The Sun isn't 15 billion years old, the Universe is. The Sun is roughly 7 billion years old, and the Earth is roughly 4.6 Billion.

When the Sun is around 10 billion years old it will have expanded to around where we orbit, consuming or burning the Earth. Also, the size of a Solar System is not directly proportional to the size of it's star. For example, there could be one Hypergiant Star with no planets around it, and our Solar System could be bigger than the Hypergiant with our smaller star.

-------AEO-------