Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warriors and Elite Runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Warriors and Elite Runs

What happened to the warriors out there? It seems like they don't wanna tank stuff anymore and wait for rogues and sorcerers to provoke monsters and bosses. I'm using 200+ pots an hour tanking elite bosses on my rogue, which I don't mind doing as they seem to target me no matter what, but what exactly are the warriors there for?

You people have twice the armor and hp the rest of us have, act like it.
    Tuik - Rogue
    Pululu - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think its becaus of the ammount of pots we burn trough.
    Most ppl cant even keep their pets happy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im a warrior. on runs i tank. i get frustrated burning through pots or when sorcerers dont heal or when the dps is garbage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not every warrior out there stinks. But you will see them more on PUGS. Put a good friends list togrther and mostly play with those people. But even a good warrior will burn thru pots if the rogues and mages stink aswell. The skill level of PUG players varies much more in this legend title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingGiant View Post
    Not every warrior out there stinks. But you will see them more on PUGS. Put a good friends list togrther and mostly play with those people. But even a good warrior will burn thru pots if the rogues and mages stink aswell. The skill level of PUG players varies much more in this legend title.
    I totally agreee not every warrior has enough money to buy 2k pots just to get you through a map.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23165&d=1358582883
    Legends Don't Die They Just Fade...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Traebeles99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Even on non elite maps like WT4 im still burning through pots on my warrior. I think warrior may be the most expensive class if not a extremely close second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Its the warriors job to take more hits and grab aggro of groups and bosses. A good warrior will face bsses away from the group so windups only hit them aswell. But the group needs to fight adds FIRST, I hate when I'm tanking and everyone ignores adds at a boss. I don't want to tank adds AND boss. More pots burned. The group needs to support the tank. Rogues drop smoke to reduce dmg. Things like that reinforce a tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

problem is we can only rely on warriors to tank its not like PL that even a mage will lead the group even when mage heals it will only save 1-2 hp pots every 10 sec and rogeu health pack can be problem too since u have stand on the green cross to eat that health pack and by the time u run to stand on it ull get killed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

My experience is that the warriors wait for me to lead the way (I'm a sorcerer), and then they follow behind. Problem is once I make the first hit the warrior will never gain back aggro. Then as soon as I die, the warrior will leave the game. You don't know how many times I have started a dungeon with a full party only to battle my way to the boss and have everyone leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Damn all you guys are really playing with horrible warriors!! As one I tell you right now I have Lvl21 Stormwarrior Set and it takes quite a few pots to get thru the Elite dungeons (however I don't know about 200 lol, I would say on average maybe 25-40 pots a run). I guess I been lucky I always run with good players on my guild or friends list.
    Last edited by Enisceloz; 12-21-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I adore tanking.
    But I will not blow 200 pots for dps that hang back, afk, don't heal, don't even have heal learned, don't like careful pulls and impatiently pull an armada for me to scramble and pick up, dps that slam into targets before the warrior can engage it, etc...

It's a door that swings both ways. Don't let it hit ya on the arse.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Testament For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    My experience is that the warriors wait for me to lead the way (I'm a sorcerer), and then they follow behind. Problem is once I make the first hit the warrior will never gain back aggro. Then as soon as I die, the warrior will leave the game. You don't know how many times I have started a dungeon with a full party only to battle my way to the boss and have everyone leave.
    This. Thankfully when it's Jarl, I can just finish the stuff myself(and it's mostly easier than with people pulling the goblin shaman on us and getting us killed) and not have it ruin the run. It does end up ruining my death count though.
    Tuik - Rogue
    Pululu - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well some warriors might not have any pots, so are hesitant to go in the mob first, I'm always hesitant aswell because I have 0 health pots, but alot of mana pots I dont need. My thing is while I'm tanking I worry if the rouges and mages on my team can kill the monsters faster then the monsters can kill me. If they can, then I would always go first in the mob. Speaking of that, I'm a full tank with no dps moves. I only have armor and health buffs and use no pots in normal dungeons because usally the mages and rouges kill the monsters before I hit 50% of my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default Warriors and Elite Runs

I'd like to think of warriors as the ones who have tons of armor and health, and TONS of damage, but turns out they don't have as much damage as I thought, so I think their there to put on some damage, but stay alive a long time!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

*BREAKING NEWS*
    Sorcerers aren't the only ones with a healing skill so stop relying on us to stay alive! Mage not healing you? Heal yourself! All classes have a healing skill! We can't be at your side 24/7! To think of it, sorcerers aren't the main healers of the game! We are what we make of ourselves not by other's expectations!

/averygoodlookingrant

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

^^^

yep. Mages job is not to heal. This is not pocket legends. Best mages dont even have heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I have heal, but warriors have to position themselves so I can stand behind them so when I cast heal its range reaches them. Often times they position themselves up against a wall and I have to stand on the other side. Heal only has a range of 6-8m (depending on whether you spend the extra skill point) so if you are standing on the other side of the boss from me then I can't heal you as you are too far.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:903295
    I have heal, but warriors have to position themselves so I can stand behind them so when I cast heal its range reaches them. Often times they position themselves up against a wall and I have to stand on the other side. Heal only has a range of 6-8m (depending on whether you spend the extra skill point) so if you are standing on the other side of the boss from me then I can't heal you as you are too far.
    The new bosses have knock back, hence warriors put their back to the wall. It's no fun being slapped all across the map. Just get in closer. If the warrior holds aggro then you don't even have to worry about being hit. And to warriors: just buy pots. I have no faith in healers in pugs so I use HoR for taunt and self heal, still only use a few pots. My warrior is the cheapest toon I have as far as buying pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i let rogues nd mage to boss 1st coz i need to buff up by vengeblood. then i quickly pull aggro using HoR wich also heals entire party with an invincible shield. although i burn pots coz my ping scks nd smetimes idk y HoR doesnt wrks nd also i dnt hav golds to buy good pinks. :-( so i m nt a bst tank bt atleast i can heal nd pull aggro :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirtibby View Post
    The new bosses have knock back, hence warriors put their back to the wall. It's no fun being slapped all across the map. Just get in closer. If the warrior holds aggro then you don't even have to worry about being hit. And to warriors: just buy pots. I have no faith in healers in pugs so I use HoR for taunt and self heal, still only use a few pots. My warrior is the cheapest toon I have as far as buying pots.
    lol last time i bought 100potions bck when first AL release :-P. also i get potion from ally nd daily rewards also (before this update) that get stacks. nd i hav around 43hp potions nd 67mana potions :-)