Thread: Happy first day of waiting till the next apocalypse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Default Happy first day of waiting till the next apocalypse!

I don't beleive in the apocalypse so happy waiting till the next one predicted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Apparently (another prediction), Jesus is coming soon. Beshore bases his prediction on Hal Lindsey's failed 1988 prediction that Jesus would return within one biblical generation of the founding of Israel in 1948. Lindsey stated a biblical generation was 40 years. Beshore argues that Lindsey's prediction was correct, but that his definition of a biblical generation was incorrect, which is actually 70–80 years, placing the Second Coming of Jesus between 2018 and 2028. So, i'm waiting for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Apparently (another prediction), Jesus is coming soon. Beshore bases his prediction on Hal Lindsey's failed 1988 prediction that Jesus would return within one biblical generation of the founding of Israel in 1948. Lindsey stated a biblical generation was 40 years. Beshore argues that Lindsey's prediction was correct, but that his definition of a biblical generation was incorrect, which is actually 70–80 years, placing the Second Coming of Jesus between 2018 and 2028. So, i'm waiting for it.
    Woo Israel!

-------------------
    Sent using spray paint on the city walls.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat:903014
    Partially right. There will be a Second Coming, but no one will know when. No one knows.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Partially right. There will be a Second Coming, but no one will know when. No one knows.
    Yes so true! Thanks brother!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    There's no proof there will be a second coming, and there's no proof he existed in the first place. Humans will concoct another idiotic end date that will get everyone a little excited, but will ultimately be a fail.

Either increased solar activity, or a direct impact from a massive object is what will decimate civilization. It could happen tomorrow or in 200 million years, but probably in none of our lifetimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Actually the Mayans were right but miscalculated because they did not had leap years.In their mythology god came from sky with a serpant like tail and will comelike that on doomsday again.Scientist are thinking by serpant tail they may be referring to the spacecrafts tail which is the result of propulsion, or maybe an asteroids tail too which is the result of its burning.They mayans told thatnthe universenis 16 bilion year old but cosmologist argued before that it is 14 b year old,now they cosmologist are close to mayans that universe is 15.5 bilion year old.They mayans had very good space observatories and may have connection to aliens.Now recently an asteroid was observed coming to earth big enough to destroy life,it will come in 2028,but will miss the Earth , there is also a chance that the asteroid will take a U turn and hit the Earth due to influence of gravity.

I am not just a gamer but also a nerd -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaobic View Post
    Actually the Mayans were right but miscalculated because they did not had leap years.In their mythology god came from sky with a serpant like tail and will comelike that on doomsday again.Scientist are thinking by serpant tail they may be referring to the spacecrafts tail which is the result of propulsion, or maybe an asteroids tail too which is the result of its burning.They mayans told thatnthe universenis 16 bilion year old but cosmologist argued before that it is 14 b year old,now they cosmologist are close to mayans that universe is 15.5 bilion year old.They mayans had very good space observatories and may have connection to aliens.Now recently an asteroid was observed coming to earth big enough to destroy life,it will come in 2028,but will miss the Earth , there is also a chance that the asteroid will take a U turn and hit the Earth due to influence of gravity.

I am not just a gamer but also a nerd -.-
    The Mayan miscalculation would mean that we're in July 2013, and the doomsday should have happened months ago. Also their calendar ending had nothing to do with their belief of a cataclysmic event, it was simply the end of an age, and the calendar is rolled over. Also they get a lot of misguided credit for the most accurate calendar when in reality their 360 day calendar was short 5.24 days, as a solar year is 365.24 days, Caesar was wrong as well.

I've seen a few stories on that asteroid, but I'm sure if there was a real threat we would all be kept in the dark. And the ancient alien theories... A bit too out there for me lol