Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Blinded by dps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

So me and prime did some testing. The only way you can test is these to items. So we had two good legit aggro test he pulled once and I pulled once 1:1 my conclusion is sts has a good balance between damadge a dps for FUTURE bows and daggers because atm only daggers are considered top tier atm. So no argueing there. But dps and damadge are pretty much balanced in pve. As for Pvp that will most likely require short burst of high damadge as scene in recent sts games. So this concludes damadge 2 and dps 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Test is over.

====TEST PART 1: WEAPONS OF CHOICE ========

Using my weapon of choice and the store-bought bow that was supposed to hold aggro off me, I held aggro in Mardrom against another rogue with a 25% damage elixir.

We ran again and he held aggro. My explanation: I was getting spanked off the boss by his two little pigs. Rush has no problems with this due to Piercer closing the gap. But anyway, we moved to Jarl.

Oh, I shared my 15% smoke buff instead of having Shadow Piercer damage as well, so I think that should factor in.

========== TEST PART II: Using lower-tier weapons ========

We ran this time with Rush using a Frost Bow and me using the Frost daggers instead of my usual weapon.

After a lot of messing around, we got two solid tests in: one I held it, and one he held it.

Resolved to do this tomorrow. Sounds like a good idea. I need to get used to using SP.

============

Still my question is-- the current statement that overpriced weapons are overpriced-- how so? The high DPS does pay off in PvE without question (as I've said.) There's nothing wrong with the 'obsession' of DPS at this moment.

Edit: Oh. Yeah, as Rush posted. Right now pay through the nose for your dagger. I have no idea how bows are going to be in the future but presumably Rush does. If they add a more significant amount to skill damage (right now it's a weak 5-10% more, needs to hit 50% or so), then by all means feel free to treat them as equals.

As it stands now, however, the bows are underpowered at the top-tier.
    Last edited by primaeva; 12-24-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Looking for dedicated leaderboard players with a sense of perfectionism and patience. PM me on the forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Test 1 was totally invalid lmao. And vs a whole different boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

there you go making excuses again, my mage held aggro from you and you started throwing out reason "i was texting" " i was looking at something" lol. you finally got aggro one run and you jumped for joy laughing and acting like you made a point lol. Lets end this before the mods close this down, there are a lot of good things in this thread ( minus a few) that new comers can try out for themselves. you have your dps build which is fine don't care, it's what you like. we'll carry our skill dmg, i'll kill someone in pvp before they can spam me with their weapon dmg lol.
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

5. The Following User Says Thank You to azefekie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Ten inches UNBUFFED best al guild woot woot

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rushorgtfo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The second part of this needs to be addressed to Azefekie or however you spell his name.

1) Damage matters more in PvP than PvE. I said this a billion times. But you keep bringing it up insisting that I missed it. No, I perfectly understand.

HERE IS MY POINT:

2) At the top-tier levels of PvP, there will be players who know how to make autoattacks count. This is known as min-maxing your damage output. You will be beaten by this group of players, or you will become one of them. Or you will never encounter them, which just implies that the standard of PvP will never reach a very high level. Pick your outcome.
    Looking for dedicated leaderboard players with a sense of perfectionism and patience. PM me on the forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post
    there you go making excuses again, my mage held aggro from you and you started throwing out reason "i was texting" " i was looking at something" lol. you finally got aggro one run and you jumped for joy laughing and acting like you made a point lol. Lets end this before the mods close this down, there are a lot of good things in this thread ( minus a few) that new comers can try out for themselves. you have your dps build which is fine don't care, it's what you like. we'll carry our skill dmg, i'll kill someone in pvp before they can spam me with their weapon dmg lol.
    Your mage held aggro from me when I was equipped with 17k daggers from the CS and with no pet out. I was waiting for me and Rush to start testing again when you initiated on Jarl. Rush asked me "Shall we continue later?" and I said "huh?". And then we started DPS on Jarl. You held aggro from us both, and then LAUGHED at me for not getting aggro.

So I decided to let you know what real damage is. I invited you to two Jarls.

Your mage failed, twice, to even get Jarl's interest even after I ran off at 30%, once I had requipped my ALP and brought my pet out.

Now, Azefekie, tell the facts like they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

.+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    Ten inches UNBUFFED best al guild woot woot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by primaeva View Post
    The second part of this needs to be addressed to Azefekie or however you spell his name.

1) Damage matters more in PvP than PvE. I said this a billion times. But you keep bringing it up insisting that I missed it. No, I perfectly understand.

HERE IS MY POINT:

2) At the top-tier levels of PvP, there will be players who know how to make autoattacks count. This is known as min-maxing your damage output. You will be beaten by this group of players, or you will become one of them. Or you will never encounter them, which just implies that the standard of PvP will never reach a very high level. Pick your outcome.

You are using WoW Pvp and applying it to a mobile MMO. If you played sts recent games you would realize Pvp fights 1v1 end in 3-5 skills sometimes 1-3. When you have 3 seconds to build as much damage a possibly can against someone dps will not matter whatsoever. If you want to apply this to all formulas make a pl acc buy a talon ill use a bow and you can square off with me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rushorgtfo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

...lol...like i said in another post, "you don't know how to be wrong" no matter what the real outcome was. It's fine, can't wait for pvp in AL should be another hit. keep your dps.
    Your mage held aggro from me when I was equipped with 17k daggers from the CS and with no pet out. I was waiting for me and Rush to start testing again when you initiated on Jarl. Rush asked me "Shall we continue later?" and I said "huh?". And then we started DPS on Jarl. You held aggro from us both, and then LAUGHED at me for not getting aggro.

So I decided to let you know what real damage is. I invited you to two Jarls.

Your mage failed, twice, to even get Jarl's interest even after I ran off at 30%, once I had requipped my ALP and brought my pet out.

Now, Azefekie, tell the facts like they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

...lol...like i said in another post, "you don't know how to be wrong" no matter what the real outcome was. It's fine, can't wait for pvp in AL should be another hit. keep your dps.
    Hush. Adults are talking. If you don't want to talk facts and figures, I haven't got time for you. Work on your damage cycle, by the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

lol what's with you and thinking calling people "kids" is an insult. I'm actually starting to feel bad that we've been responding to your posts, when you clearly don't know how STS games work. We keep trying to tell you....this isn't WoW, and no one here wants you WoW "expertise."
    Hush. Adults are talking. If you don't want to talk facts and figures, I haven't got time for you. Work on your damage cycle, by the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

All I'm saying is-- it can be 3-5 skills, or 3-5 skills + 6-10 autoattacks.

And I was all along arguing for the current state of affairs. I don't know what legendary bows are in store. My first post was merely to refute the claim in the opening post that "80% of the time in PvE and PvP you will be skilling". The claim went on to say the top-tier, high DPS weapons were totally overrated.

And I rebutted. I wanted to clarify that the million-gold weapons on the CS are worth that much. I think we proved that.

I've gone one further and helped you test out a theory that in the FUTURE, high DPS weapons might be overrated. But apparently it's pretty close.

I've agreed that in PvP damage will be more important. The thing is, any increase in damage is factored into the DPS as well. Therefore if Heartseekers do 4-6 less damage but 90 more DPS, it's because their attack speed is through the roof. I've said that PvP involves moving targets which complicates things. But the better you are, the more you'll work AA into your PvP style.

Or all I've said can fall on deaf ears. I'm looking forward to PvP as much as you are. It's why I even downloaded this game, to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

lol what's with you and thinking calling people "kids" is an insult. I'm actually starting to feel bad that we've been responding to your posts, when you clearly don't know how STS games work. We keep trying to tell you....this isn't WoW, and no one here wants you WoW "expertise."
    I think I have a better idea of how they work already, considering your failure to prove anything you say in-game... and nothing other than make ridiculous, untrue claims on forums or in my party chat.

You're welcome to try a third time, this time with a six-second headstart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

...lol I'm done here. whatever you say is true. rush and I are clueless players (mainly rush :P).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

All I'm saying is-- it can be 3-5 skills, or 3-5 skills + 6-10 autoattacks.

And I was all along arguing for the current state of affairs. I don't know what legendary bows are in store. My first post was merely to refute the claim in the opening post that "80% of the time in PvE and PvP you will be skilling". The claim went on to say the top-tier, high DPS weapons were totally overrated.

And I rebutted. I wanted to clarify that the million-gold weapons on the CS are worth that much. I think we proved that.

I've gone one further and helped you test out a theory that in the FUTURE, high DPS weapons might be overrated. But apparently it's pretty close.

I've agreed that in PvP damage will be more important. The thing is, any increase in damage is factored into the DPS as well. Therefore if Heartseekers do 4-6 less damage but 90 more DPS, it's because their attack speed is through the roof. I've said that PvP involves moving targets which complicates things. But the better you are, the more you'll work AA into your PvP style.

Or all I've said can fall on deaf ears. I'm looking forward to PvP as much as you are. It's why I even downloaded this game, to be honest.

If you can move press auto an spam your skills all at once At the SAME time with 3 fingers props. But your relying on auto attack for extra damadge. My 3 skills will kill you while you character is in the middle of an auto attack

Skills > auto attack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

And yes high dps weapons are overrated. Lv TENTY ONE BANE DAGGERS OF POTENCY highest damadge daggers. Lower dps. I get around 220 dps 152-153 damadge with them. Yes you can still surely argue no life thief and heart seekers blah blah blah but you don't even take into consideration, PROCS bane daggers proc -15% hit and dodge to your enemy And to proc that you don't even have to CHARGE auto attack unlike life thief you have to charge to proc and steal HP. Killing your damadge per second. Atm life thief and heart seekers are overated. Demon blades and bane knives are the true top tier rogue weapons. Gf

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Rushorgtfo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    And yes high dps weapons are overrated. Lv TENTY ONE BANE DAGGERS OF POTENCY highest damadge daggers. Lower dps. I get around 220 dps 152-153 damadge with them. Yes you can still surely argue no life thief and heart seekers blah blah blah but you don't even take into consideration, PROCS bane daggers proc -15% hit and dodge to your enemy And to proc that you don't even have to CHARGE auto attack unlike life thief you have to charge to proc and steal HP. Killing your damadge per second. Atm life thief and heart seekers are overated. Demon blades and bane knives are the true top tier rogue weapons. Gf
    I think my 35 second Jarl runs disagree with you. If you go any faster with Banes, let me know + screenshot.

Saying they're overrated doesn't make sense when everyone is doing PvE right now. That's the current game. You can say they're overrated for PvP when PvP is actually released next year. Your thread's trying to inform people to get the cheaper weapons, promising close-to-equal performance? I don't think anyone on the leaderboard's using Bane Knives -- because they don't put out as much as Lifethiefs.

By the way, you left your Frostbite of Brutality with me. You can keep the Bane Knives -- they cost 75k, but meh. I'm rolling in gold.

P.S. The Lifethief proc DOES suck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just one play who hold both dagger n bow need to do the test,try to solo a tanky boss 10 times with same skill set ,items and pet.The result should be more obvious.no point arguing over a poorly done test .

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hsam8913 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hsam8913 View Post
    Just one play who hold both dagger n bow need to do the test,try to solo a tanky boss 10 times with same skill set ,items and pet.The result should be more obvious.no point arguing over a poorly done test .
    I did test by myself before coming in here, but I bought a 45k bow and not the top-tier ones. Hence I didn't mention the test.

From my usual 40s (daggers) to 1m or so (bow), and these are averages over a few runs and same skill set. Considering ~15 seconds is the run in, the DPS time increased from 25s to 45s. It could have to do with daggers hitting multiple mobs, but the boss fight was definitely slower as well.