Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blinded by dps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post
    just a heads up not sure if you're aware of this.. "dps" is your weapon dmg ( if you look at your stats) and "damage" is what helps your skills increase in power.
    This will be my last post here. Damage is added to DPS as well. Hurp derp. Bye.
    Looking for dedicated leaderboard players with a sense of perfectionism and patience. PM me on the forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

you're right i can't spell, point is we know what were talking about and yes you can focus on one thing. not all weapons with high dps will give higher dmg, go with a different one and sacrifice dps for higher skill dmg. I'm still not sure you understand what aoe is. i guess i'm done here pointless trying to explain how pvp and builds work to someone who thinks he can't be wrong. Well we can't wait to have fun in pvp with you when it's finally released.
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

...lol, hopeless
    Quote Originally Posted by primaeva View Post
    This will be my last post here. Damage is added to DPS as well. Hurp derp. Bye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thanks for posting this now all the items I buy for my toons will no longer be in the CS for under 30k

I liked having the Damage > DPS secret so the DPS crap could stay up in the millions and I could fit my toons all out in better gear than what people currently think is the best for dirt cheap.

Guess I better buy up my stuff quicker and level my toons now that the secret is out BLEH
    AL - AGROCRAG - My guess is 12,345

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAnonymous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

One good example of this which always has made me laugh especially in AL.

People put up all these +80 DPS mage/rogue weapons and fail to realize they use their skills more and that is where the damage should be coming from not from your weapon in melee which DPS is.

I just picked up earlier tonight on a very nice deal Clever Wyrmbone Staff of Brutality for 25,000 Level 21 and it's beats out the Coldscope Brutality that I got from Platstore by +2.5 Damage 2% Bonus Damage and 24.9 DPS.

People see that DPS though and they like man that weapon sucks! It only has +24.9 I want those +80 DPS weapons that also take away 20-30 SPELL damage and they wonder why they suck

I really wish this secret would have stayed though between those of us who knew better until we at least sold the crap DPS gear for high price for awhile and gathered some gold or we all were able to supply the good equiptment cheap to our characters.
    AL - AGROCRAG - My guess is 12,345

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

You're right. You shouldn't criticize someone in a game you've never played. I hope your friend there reads your own advice. Which is why someone implying that I have never PvPed before and should defer myself to their PL PvP experience is really just laughable.

You're also missing the point. There's no such thing as 'focusing on damage' because any increase in damage adds to an increase in DPS. Must I really do the math? It increases skill damage AND autoattack.

As for the joker who can't even spell "AoE" right -- NORMAL ATTACKS HIT MORE THAN ONE TARGET IN A SMALL AREA = AoE.

Welcome to Arcane Legends. And while I normally extend help to those who ask for it, I can't tolerate those who have an OCD to misspell everything, even three-word acronyms. Don't bother adding me, and I'll see you in PvP.

For the poor people who came here for information- TLR, if you're poor or don't mind just DPSing using skills, use a cheap weapon, it's okay. For people who actually want to dominate leaderboards and PvP - bust out that wallet and grab the best gear anyway. DPS is overrated in terms of how much it costs, but it still needed for top-tier performance.
    No offence but STS forums are not the omg uber pwner at wow forums and tbh ur attitude to people will make very helpful people not so helpful. Please keep the forums clean from name calling. We are all adults, no need to attack some1s spelling.

Fyi I'm on the leaderboards with my warrior atm with very crappy gear lol. Don't overvalue gear in a game thats 2 months old.
    Last edited by DataPunk; 12-24-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thus insist on dps over dmg should open their skill page n read it for once

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hsam8913 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Lol. I think there was confusion, because what Aze was talking about was the DPS stat on the avatar page, and Prima was talking about overall DPS (including, skill damage, Crit) etc. because in WoW there is not DPS stat, just Adonis to the game that would take live damage readings over time in combat and calculate your DPS. Since this isn't possible in here it is hard to argue the fact because no one will ever know

In the end the point is, if u use a 4 off skill build they you hardly ever use your weapon to attack. If this is the case get a weapon with high Damage(on avatar page). If u like spamming your weapon get one with higher DPS(on avatar page)
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 12-24-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rush and prim make two valid points. But with out being able to meter actual overall dps. You can't prove who is right.

Prim believes a combo of skills and aa hits out puts more overall dps and damage.( not talking about stats. Actual damage delt.)

It's all theory with out being able to meter how much damage you actually did. In the same frame of time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Muhmota For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Dps and damadge are not well balanced atm due to high dps items like lv 21 heart seekers and plat bows In the store. Although damadge over dps is what will make you good at Pvp. Some people are just plain pve only and maybe they find dps more helpful vs bosses. I'm a pvper person my skills regenerate all In less than 6 seconds so I'm constantly spamming out 3000+ dmasdge every 6 seconds how!? Sorry but I refuse to tell anyone. But I will say this. Swollow your pride everyone your wrong. Go with damadge^_^

When new improved bows are released and up to date I sincerely feel bad for anyone who still chooses daggers and dps. Just don't Pvp :P or Ill crush your pride and you'll help me rank on the leaderboards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
    One good example of this which always has made me laugh especially in AL.

People put up all these +80 DPS mage/rogue weapons and fail to realize they use their skills more and that is where the damage should be coming from not from your weapon in melee which DPS is.

I just picked up earlier tonight on a very nice deal Clever Wyrmbone Staff of Brutality for 25,000 Level 21 and it's beats out the Coldscope Brutality that I got from Platstore by +2.5 Damage 2% Bonus Damage and 24.9 DPS.

People see that DPS though and they like man that weapon sucks! It only has +24.9 I want those +80 DPS weapons that also take away 20-30 SPELL damage and they wonder why they suck

I really wish this secret would have stayed though between those of us who knew better until we at least sold the crap DPS gear for high price for awhile and gathered some gold or we all were able to supply the good equiptment cheap to our characters.
    Gotta disagree with you. A good mage auto atks way more than you can imagine. It's actually not worth charging any skills on elite bosses b/c in the amount of time it takes for you to charge a skill, you can do far more damage spamming auto attack. Wyvern staffs are incomparable to flame staffs in these situations.

People arn't foolish enough to pay 500k-1mil just for some boosted numbers. They're high for a reason.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Gotta disagree with you. A good mage auto atks way more than you can imagine. It's actually not worth charging any skills on elite bosses b/c in the amount of time it takes for you to charge a skill, you can do far more damage spamming auto attack. Wyvern staffs are incomparable to flame staffs in these situations.

People arn't foolish enough to pay 500k-1mil just for some boosted numbers. They're high for a reason.
    ^Meh, leave them be. If they haven't the dexterity to AA and skill at the same time, they're not going to ever know the difference.

@Muhmota: I guess solo times and who can steal and hold aggro are the only meters. I'd gladly run with any rogue who wants to test high damage vs high DPS weapons. You steal the aggro, you prove me wrong. At least I'm actually holding my tests instead of looking at paperdoll damage. (The irony of that in this thread.)
    Looking for dedicated leaderboard players with a sense of perfectionism and patience. PM me on the forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    Lol. I think there was confusion, because what Aze was talking about was the DPS stat on the avatar page, and Prima was talking about overall DPS (including, skill damage, Crit) etc. because in WoW there is not DPS stat, just Adonis to the game that would take live damage readings over time in combat and calculate your DPS. Since this isn't possible in here it is hard to argue the fact because no one will ever know

In the end the point is, if u use a 4 off skill build they you hardly ever use your weapon to attack. If this is the case get a weapon with high Damage(on avatar page). If u like spamming your weapon get one with higher DPS(on avatar page)
    Hmm, actually, to be -very- technical. There's a short animation time after one skill fires that you can get off up to two autoattacks (depending on weapon speed) before your character can begin animation into another. That's the gap for you to maximize your damage output. Oh damn. I just handed the most guarded secret of top-tier DPS out.

..... Nah let's just use four skills on cooldown. I'm sure that's going to achieve more.

Cosmo, you sort of get me. I just want to clarify to everyone that if two weapons both show 10 damage but one does 20 DPS and the other 10 DPS, the difference in skills will be small-- but the attack speed difference is huge.
    Last edited by primaeva; 12-24-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

^Meh, leave them be. If they haven't the dexterity to AA and skill at the same time, they're not going to ever know the difference.

@Muhmota: I guess solo times and who can steal and hold aggro are the only meters. I'd gladly run with any rogue who wants to test high damage vs high DPS weapons. You steal the aggro, you prove me wrong. At least I'm actually holding my tests instead of looking at paperdoll damage. (The irony of that in this thread.)

Ill be all damadg you can be dps ill even use a store bow. Lmao ill steal all the aggro from you. Ive never fought one boss where the aggro wasn't on me so gl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    Ill be all damadg you can be dps ill even use a store bow. Lmao ill steal all the aggro from you. Ive never fought one boss where the aggro wasn't on me so gl
    What's your IGN? Let's do this right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

What's your IGN? Let's do this right now.

Xclydex add me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

We already tried to explain this lol let it go bro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    Dps and damadge are not well balanced atm due to high dps items like lv 21 heart seekers and plat bows In the store. Although damadge over dps is what will make you good at Pvp. Some people are just plain pve only and maybe they find dps more helpful vs bosses. I'm a pvper person my skills regenerate all In less than 6 seconds so I'm constantly spamming out 3000+ dmasdge every 6 seconds how!? Sorry but I refuse to tell anyone. But I will say this. Swollow your pride everyone your wrong. Go with damadge^_^

When new improved bows are released and up to date I sincerely feel bad for anyone who still chooses daggers and dps. Just don't Pvp :P or Ill crush your pride and you'll help me rank on the leaderboards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

no one said anything about charging skills on a boss lol. i do about 2-3k damage in one full combo while you sit there and spam your weapon dps. thats what 500 dmg? lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

listen you already said you got your knowledge from WoW lol. play one of STS's games for a while you'll come back and agree with us. well maybe not...you don't know how to be wrong
    Hmm, actually, to be -very- technical. There's a short animation time after one skill fires that you can get off up to two autoattacks (depending on weapon speed) before your character can begin animation into another. That's the gap for you to maximize your damage output. Oh damn. I just handed the most guarded secret of top-tier DPS out.

..... Nah let's just use four skills on cooldown. I'm sure that's going to achieve more.

Cosmo, you sort of get me. I just want to clarify to everyone that if two weapons both show 10 damage but one does 20 DPS and the other 10 DPS, the difference in skills will be small-- but the attack speed difference is huge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

yep. the original point i think is the gun damage is about 10 more Damage than a Flamestrike, but flamestrike dps is like 70 more. That 10 damage relates to about 13-20 more damage on average per skill cast. But a flamestrike is about 1.8 attacks per second and a Coldscope gun is 1.125 attacks per second, Blue Blaster is also 1.125 so you can get 3 FL aa attacks off in the time of 2 gun attacks. 3* FL-Damage + skills > 2*gun-Damage + skills when talking about real damage done (on a single target).