Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blinded by dps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default Blinded by dps

80% of your combat time pve or pvp you will be using skills not spamming auto attack. Some people may think dps is what's best especially for rogues. Well it's not. Higher damadge slow or fast speed the higher the damadge the higher your skill damadge. I have a nearly 350 aimed shot when I check my skills. My damadge is at 150% I use a bow lv 21 from the plat store Now lets compare this bow to some of the current items in cs. I would also like to point out the unappreciation of bane daggers compare it to all the other daggers heart seekers are obviously out of the picture cause they plane suck. Low damadge bad proc. here bane daggers can lower an opponents dodge and hit% by 15%!! New lv 21 demon daggers of brutality add about 40 more HP ? But the proc also sucks. IMO bane daggers take the win out of these 3. Also if anyone finds a demon bow lv21 I offer 2 mil.

Last edited by Rushorgtfo; 12-22-2012 at 11:00 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rushorgtfo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Bump, this needs to be scene.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Love the title. So true! I am actually suprised that it has take so long for there to be debate about base damage, dps and skill damage of weapons. I guess if some people still haven't figured it out in pl it will probably take a long time for most people in al to figure it out. For now I am just happy that some of the more effective weapons are cheaper as they don't look impressive on the stats page

5. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

With zero effect of brutality plat bought bow lv 21

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

The secrets out! i actually have people coment to me that my dps sucks (156) for a level 21, though i don't have my full set. I laugh cause i'm criting at 800+ while they expect that their wand damage means more than skill damage. They are criting max what 400-500? lawl

rush i thought you weren't telling people lol
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post
    The secrets out! i actually have people coment to me that my dps sucks (156) for a level 21, though i don't have my full set. I laugh cause i'm criting at 800+ while they expect that their wand damage means more than skill damage. They are criting max what 400-500? lawl

Doesn't matter when Pvp is out I want a challenge. It'd be like a elite Phoenix bow vs mount fang dagger had I not spoken out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I litterally have level 21s scoffing at my gun and leaving the game. Then they miss out on me blowing the crap out of everything Though the best of the best flamestrikes does appear to be slightly better in terms of both damage and DPS, for 5% the cost, the gun does alright
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What gun are u using Royce?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I litterally have level 21s scoffing at my gun and leaving the game. Then they miss out on me blowing the crap out of everything Though the best of the best flamestrikes does appear to be slightly better in terms of both damage and DPS, for 5% the cost, the gun does alright

Lv 21 blue blaster of brutality > any rod or wand or staff

Like I said dps doesn't matter since you can't auto attack so you'll be pressing skills more than pressing your weapon attack even the slightest damadge will win because it adds to skill damadge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iaceden View Post
    What gun are u using Royce?
    The one from the plat pack. The other pink is slightly better, but not enough to be worth the cost when I'm still farming new armor, etc. It was a huge skill damage upgrade from my level 16 flamestrike, and seems to be better than all but the same level clever flamestrike of assault in terms of damage, again not worth the cost to me at this time. My biggest problem right now is aggro. Most runs the boss focuses on me 90% of the time. Which leads me to the gun's other big advantage. I can still fire it while I'm avoiding the boss and not miss like a staff. The range is nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    Lv 21 blue blaster of brutality > any rod or wand or staff
    Interesting, I'll have to check that out.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Think of it this way your pressing weapon attack once every 4 skills you press? Or at least for me. The damadge difference between skills can be HUGE when in Pvp or fighting bosses. Adding the small damadge changes between a dps class and damadge class. Dps class might hit 2-3 weapon attacks in but that won't add up to the skill damadge whatsoever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I have to comment that for my mage the dps does indeed matter. First, I only have 2 attack skills, Fireball and Lightning. I have Gale Force which is more of a defensive thing I save for certain situations, and then I have Heal.

You compared the DPS/Dmg issue to PL where we got 12 skills instead of 4. On my warrior in PL I am indeed always spamming my skills during battle, because by the time I'm done with all 12 it's time to start over at the first one. However, here in AL when I'm done with my Fireball and Lightning, I have 2-3 seconds of waiting until they cool down. During that time I spam the attack button. So for my build DPS will matter. (BTW, I'm assuming DPS, or weapon speed, controls how fast my main attack button cools down).

Edit:

However that issue stated above about not having to aim the gun does sound very useful. I too often end up with aggro from the boss. So I find myself kiting him and running back and forth. I find during those situations the attack button is pretty useless and I just run until my skills cool down. Maybe the gun would help with that situation.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-22-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I have to comment that for my mage the dps does indeed matter. First, I only have 2 attack skills, Fireball and Lightning. I have Gale Force which is more of a defensive thing I save for certain situations, and then I have Heal.

You compared the DPS/Dmg issue to PL where we got 12 skills instead of 4. On my warrior in PL I am indeed always spamming my skills during battle, because by the time I'm done with all 12 it's time to start over at the first one. However, here in AL when I'm done with my Fireball and Lightning, I have 2-3 seconds of waiting until they cool down. During that time I spam the attack button. So for my build DPS will matter. (BTW, I'm assuming DPS, or weapon speed, controls how fast my main attack button cools down).

Yes maybe in your situation dps will be better for you. But like I said your skills would be 150% more effective specializing in damadge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes maybe in your situation dps will be better for you. But like I said your skills would be 150% more effective specializing in damadge.
    Do you know which stat or stats effect skill damage? Obviously DPS does NOT. But is it damage or bonus damage, or both? People in game said bonus damage, but I suspect maybe both? In fact, it must be bonus damage, because otherwise what exactly is the bonus damage stat even for?

I asked this in another thread but nobody answered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

i use 4 power skills not heal. each class has it's own heal, if they wanna heal they should use theirs or pots. skill dmg pwns, try it out if you don't like it go back to what you have.

Edit:

However that issue stated above about not having to aim the gun does sound very useful. I too often end up with aggro from the boss. So I find myself kiting him and running back and forth. I find during those situations the attack button is pretty useless and I just run until my skills cool down. Maybe the gun would help with that situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Do you know which stat or stats effect skill damage? Obviously DPS does NOT. But is it damage or bonus damage, or both? People in game said bonus damage, but I suspect maybe both? In fact, it must be bonus damage, because otherwise what exactly is the bonus damage stat even for?

I asked this in another thread but nobody answered.

No way of knowing without a Devs input because all items that add damadge add dex and all items that ad dex add damadge And bonus but my guess is both.

Either way doesn't matter all items that add the most damadge also add the most bonus damadge aka adding most dex + damadge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

i use 4 power skills not heal. each class has it's own heal, if they wanna heal they should use theirs or pots. skill dmg pwns, try it out if you don't like it go back to what you have.
    I actually already did. I caused serious damage and kept dying when the boss would come after me every single time. No matter how much damage I caused it would still take a minute or two to kill any elite boss, and so during that time I would keep dying. Plus I would end up spending a fortune on health pots and mana pots which made farming the elite dungeons unprofitable.

Now I got the heal skill maxed out which means not only does it heal me, but it increases my mana too, and increases both health & mana regen by considerable amounts for 10 seconds. Since the heal skill cools down in 15 seconds, it means 66% of the time I have much improved health & mana regen. Mix that with Flap Jack pet equiped, and I almost never have to use any mana pots, and only need health pots when I'm under heavy attack.

And Gale Force helps me survive situations where mobs come after me. It just pushes everyone away, knocks them down for a few seconds, and gives me a nice burst of speed to get away.

I also believe in PvP this build will be superior as you can't use pots in PvP. And Gale Force will be useful for CTF.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-22-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I'm pretty sure bonus dmg isn't for your skill damage when i put a weapon on with higher dps my bonus dmg does go up but my dmg goes down. i look at my skill dmg in skill map and it goes down because my dmg went down.

don't know how to fix this lol oops

QUOTE=Energizeric;904083]Do you know which stat or stats effect skill damage? Obviously DPS does NOT. But is it damage or bonus damage, or both? People in game said bonus damage, but I suspect maybe both? In fact, it must be bonus damage, because otherwise what exactly is the bonus damage stat even for?

I asked this in another thread but nobody answered.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I actually already did. I caused serious damage and kept dying when the boss would come after me every single time. No matter how much damage I caused it would still take a minute or two to kill any elite boss, and so during that time I would keep dying. Plus I would end up spending a fortune on health pots and mana pots which made farming the elite dungeons unprofitable.

Now I got the heal skill maxed out which means not only does it heal me, but it increases my mana too, and increases both health & mana regen by considerable amounts for 10 seconds. Since the heal skill cools down in 15 seconds, it means 66% of the time I have much improved health & mana regen. Mix that with Flap Jack pet equiped, and I almost never have to use any mana pots, and only need health pots when I'm under heavy attack.

And Gale Force helps me survive situations where mobs come after me. It just pushes everyone away, knocks them down for a few seconds, and gives me a nice burst of speed to get away.

No reason to play the warrior role as a sorcerer. Unless you solo all the time.

Only things maxing damadge doesn't help.
    Solo'ing although I solo elite tower fine with maxing damadge as a rogue
    Playing the tank role vs large mobs

Other than that ^ it helps everything else. Especially aoe skills while you have a tank in the party you clear VERY fast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

No way of knowing without a Devs input because all items that add damadge add dex and all items that ad dex add damadge And bonus but my guess is both.

Either way doesn't matter all items that add the most damadge also add the most bonus damadge aka adding most dex + damadge

My theory (which is based on nothing but just some common sense) is that skill damage is based on this formula:

skill dmg = dmg x bonus dmg

And then each skill is based on a multiplier of this amount.

Just makes sense, as the words "bonus dmg" indicate it stacks on top of dmg. But I would love for a developer to confirm this.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-22-2012 at 03:28 PM.