Thread: Blinded by dps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

for giggles, i made a little DPS calculator in Excel. it handles 4 offensive spells and adds together your DPS*crit and through a priority system you can set your 4 skills, their damage and critdam% to randomize damage*crit of skills. Add them together and you get the Perfect world DPS. It doesn't have miss%, Boss Dodge%, Armor Reduction %, but you would be comparing apples to apples. The only place it comes into effect is the Accuracy Upgrade for Aimed Shot, De-buffs, etc (all future upgrades). Besides lacking the ability to use de-buff or buff abilities it works fine. I did mention some upgrades i can do, but i need to wait for PVP to come out to get de-buff timers. Some of the other updates can be done like dealing with buffs, but i just put this together in an hour or 2. Also, it's based on 1000 seconds worth of skill damage to calculate your Skill DPS. Obviously most fights aren't that long (besides Bael pre-21) so a shorter window just makes for larger Deviation in DPS. This is to give you the avg DPS over a prolonged period vs. a single target.

If you find bugs when typing in stuff let me know

Download my Google Doc Spreadsheet (in my signature and below) and add in your data into the Orange Cells

<edit>I doesn't work on charging skills either, but I think besides the stun or -hit% charge abilities I don't think it's worth charging for a second because. 10 damage /sec DoT on a boss isn't worth it when spells hit for 200+.

<<edit>> seems that the GCD is different for different spells, so right now this is best for those spells with the very fast GCD, like a Sorc.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 01-06-2013 at 08:57 PM.