Thread: In the eyes of an ex-WoW player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default In the eyes of an ex-WoW player

Hey everyone!
    Ex-WoW player here. I already leveled a pally to 25 and have a few questions.

1) What is late game like? Is it all PvP or are there fun instances? Is there any strategy? Things seem like a grind right now.
    2) My buddy is a mage, what's a good class that'll compliment a mage? My pally is getting boring.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

1) Pvp - unbalanced,rush guilds PVE- grind grind grind grind...bored..I quited
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andewars View Post
    Hey everyone!

1) What is late game like? Is it all PvP or are there fun instances? Is there any strategy? Things seem like a grind right now.
    2) My buddy is a mage, what's a good class that'll compliment a mage? My pally is getting boring.

Thank you in advance!
    Hey
    I like late game its hard to level there but you can make alot of gold farming or merching (merching is possible on every level)

Answer to second question:
    1) For pvping you need a good equipment and a "special" or "certain" level you want to pvp at. For this you need to kill monsters which give you experience and drop gold and sometimes items you can sell. So you kind of need to do farming to be a good pvper. Also if you call late game just the highest level you can just farm on or pvp untill the level cap rises.

To your third question this game has strategies you should use. At least at higher levels you need to have an organised team. At lower levels you can Solo fight. On high levels/maps its useful to have a bear to "tank" (take huge amouts of damage and make the enemy target on him) a mage to revive and buff and a bird to deal huge amounts of damage (for all the flamers: this doesnt mean that you cant do alot of damage with other classes also this is just recommended team you should at least have and can be changed)

To your last question:

If your buddy is a mage i would play bear or bird (i didnt really play bird before so i got no experience there but i am mage and have a bird as friend who usually levels with me which works fine as long as theres no bear to tank needed. I dont know about fox and rhino enough to take them into consideration. But rhino seems to be a good mix of tank and mage which isnt 100% useful to combo with a full mage.

Hope i understood your question right and my answers were right.

Deadsoldiers
    Characters:
    Deadfarmers Level 76 Mage Deadsoldiers Level 36 Bear Deadfighters Level 15 Twink Deadmerchant Level 33 Merchant

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andewars View Post
    Hey everyone!

Thank you in advance!
    1) PvP or farming. There aren't any instances or flashpoints in this game. Elite capped people get an exclusive "elite vanity" piece (which is currently a shield). Besides of that u get access to 2 exclusive quests which grant exclusive vanities as well, and access to heroic dungeon. Elite vanity is just by itself only for showing off, but when u get a second piece u will get an elite ring. When u get 3 pieces u will get an even more powerful ring and u can combine 3 piece ring with a dragon ring. If u r interested in end game PvPing and u want to compete in it, I suggest u to wait at least until u get an elite ring or u farm dragon pieces to get an elite ring. Dragon pieces can be farmed everywhere in Mt. Fang.

Strategy was ended when Nuri was the cap campaign. Sewers still had some strategy but elixirs run end game nowadays. Just brainless running and killing on juices.

2) Either a pure mage (int) for healing and AoE damage or Bird for full damage. I myself prefer Bird, but both of them are fine.