Thread: Numerous questions for some experienced players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Numerous questions for some experienced players

Hello all, my in game name is Anifriben and began playing Arcane legends about a week ago. I have played PL and been at almost all of the elite caps before I got bored of it and now will just be playing this game as it has really appealed to me. I am now at level 20 and about 1/3 to level 21, as I have leveled up and flow through a lot of content quickly I have a number of probably silly questions that I was hoping people here could answer.

First, I have about 40 chests, everything from copper to a couple banded gold. I am waiting until level 21 to open them because it seems like whatever level I have been, are the level of the items i receive, is this just a coincidence, or do the chests really give you items of your level? If they dont give items at your level I will just open them now instead of waiting till I hit 21.

Second, are the items in these chests even worth it? Or should I just sell the chests.lol

third, I have done a couple quests the Sigrun quest and the Dodo quest. And I am stuck at the part where is says to find them a strong companion, which im assuming is me, but cant figure out how to complete them.lol So if anyone knows what i'm supposed to do that would be awesome.

Fourth, what kind of gear should I have to farm the elite maps? My gear is pretty good, but the elite maps are still pretty tough for me and I want to start farming them.

My fifth and last question is, does anyone here have a good guild that regularly farms these elite maps and does other high level stuff that wants a new member? I would love to join a guild that has a number of high level players, I will be playing Arcane legens very often and also will buy plat, so i'm looking to find a good group of people to play with.

Many thanks to everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

1.The items that you get from opening scales to your level , other than normal copper/silver/gold < they have a max lvl of 16.
    From banded bronze > elite banded gold > you can get items from lvl 20/21 even if u have already hit lvl 21 just luck.So therefore, wait till your 21 then open them but as for the normal bronze>gold just open them now/sell them.

2.Maybe wise to sell them IMO , unless its elite banded chests, i wont bother opening those normal banded bronze/silver/gold. ( It's really up to you)

3.Yea, but sadly it's not you , if i ain't wrong for the sigrun your supposed to find Algernon at the great city of Kraag near the cannons.
    For the dodo quest is believe you have to talk to watson at city of windmoore .

4.Any decent gears will do like winter items or wadever as long as your in a good party it won't matter so much unless u wanna go solo :?

5.Yes you may want to join Genesis , we do almost everything , well not really everything but most of it
    Last edited by Lesmiserables; 12-26-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Normal copper, silver and golden chests drop L16 items max. Personally, these aren't really worth it to open as even if you get a pink from it, it's likely that it's almost worthless. Banded chests give up to L21 items, depending on your level (do note that if you're L21, it can give L20-21 items, not only L21 items). These are worth opening, if you feel lucky.

Refer to http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Legends-quests. Gluttony has made an extremely well and informative thread detailing the quests in AL. In any case, Sigrun's companion is the NPC by the cannon in Kraag, and Dodo's companion is some NPC with Witless in his name in Windmoore.

To farm elite maps, it is preferable if you have the L15-16 elite items or L20-21 normal items. The most important element is the group though. Get a group that consists of at least one good warrior who can tank and hold aggro. Don't judge me on this, I know that many of the pro players can solo or do it without a warrior, but this is advice for someone fresh to the game.

Personally, I'm in the guild Genesis, and we have a good amount of active high level players. Add me at Instant if you're interested. Of course, there are many guilds which fit your criteria, and the ultimate choice lies with you.

Good luck in your AL journey =)
    Instant - Guess: 2764

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Hello and welcome!

To answer your several questions, let me direct you to the different guides theough these links:

For Sigrun and Dodo's companion: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Legends-quests
    For the guild you need:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...?113-AL-Guilds

For your question about the gear suited for elite farming, let me know which class do you belong first (warrior, mage, rogue).
    There are several guides here in the forums per class which would aid you in determining which gears would be the best for certain types of situation.

Rogue: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...***-Discussion
    Sorcerer:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...***-Discussion
    Warrior:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...***-Discussion

Usually when it comes to gears, the decent Winterwonderland set would help you get through elite runs, or even your level 16 top tier gears! All that matters would be the party you farm with. Now for the chests, I suggest that you keep them till your level 21 as the level of these at would come out from the box would vary from your current level and below ( 21-16 ) for elite chests. Saving chests if you fell really lucky would save you from buying the gear that you need since you get a shot at legendary items. It's possible that the items that would come out from the chest would not be suitable for your class, in this case you would have to sell them for profit.

Selling items through the auction house would require you to pay a listing fee and would be proportional to the price that you list the item for. If you want to save gold, just sell them out from the auction house by making announcements through chat of the items you're selling.

Goodluck and enjoy playing Arcane Legends!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Great thanks for the fast and very informative responses. I will be selling all of my chests then, and I think I will take you guys up on that offer to join genesis