Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ugg's Pure Elite Tank Build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

What if the warrior has a similar build? I loose it when jugg is on cool down. And I'm constantly spamming axe, CS, and horn of renew when available and I'm always loosing it. Yes, I get it back but it's a trade off between high DPS builds. I'm wondering if Ashanto's gear is good enough in terms of a happy medium between DPS and armor/dodge.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Stop spamming and start timing... spamming can't keep aggro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The skill build allows you to keep the aggro, itemizing and stat allocation allows you to stay alive... a high dps warrior with the same talent build and execution of talents will undoubtedly keep aggro slightly better, the extra dps gives a greater buffer for those times a taunt misses... but who will last longer with that aggro?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
    Stop spamming and start timing... spamming can't keep aggro!
    I'm spamming because I don't have the aggro. Not because I have aggro and I'm wasting the skills. I think it comes down to a better DPS.

And as for survivability, there has to be a marginal armor/dodge. Someone can have a large armor and dodge value and maintain max health with regen from skills and such but if someone else has somewhat lower armor and dodge with higher DPS, but still has survivability without pots, it's better to have that extra DPS for threat generation. That's what I've been trying to.figure out for a while: that happy medium. That's why I'm leaning towards Ashanto's gear setup.
    Last edited by Liquid Ice; 01-04-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanto View Post
    I think your build is only good for lower gear or it depends on how someone plays. I play with top damage gear with a semi tank build and I have never died since reaching 21 or had someone pull agro more than 1-2 secs. I also never buy pots as I have zero need

Stats:
    STR 303
    Bonus DMG 252%
    HP 3354
    DMG 123.3
    DEX/Dodge/Crit 42/5.12%/9.05%
    INT/MP 16/260
    DPS 138.7
    Armor 856

With Mighty Vorp of Assault, crit procs to 102% multiple times during fight which increases threat massively and procs often

Build with Nexus:
    Full STR
    Sky 1/2/3 the stun is great for mitigating damage
    Chest 1/4
    Venge 1/2/3/4
    Horn 3/4 1 only increases healing to 8 meters. We are not healers and 3 adds taunt at 8 meters already. 2 is a wate, only adds 250 HP over the additional 1.5 sec heal, Venge offsets that when charged by boosting HP by 250 plus adding damage
    Final 5 points in Might Passive for DPS/HP

From my experience the high crit causes awesome threat in white damage and chest splitter. I almost never have to rely on Horn, only use it to gain start threat and self heals. The low INT isn't even noticed because of Venge.

I use Ribbit over Nexus for the additional crit and the reducing enemy damage.

I even have room for improvement since my sword is level 20, level 21 only adds 4.3 DPS and 10HP. And Demonlord Helm of Will can add 31 Armor 130 MP and 9 HP at a small loss of base crit/dodge.
    Could you PM pr reply your Damage gear? Your build looks very good indeed. Would like to try it in the future.

Is your stats with Nexus or without?

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Frankly speaking.... Stacking the armors doesnt really help me much as the damage i'm taking in is still alot.
    In the end, i wear back all my gears and 2h weapon. My aggro gets better in this case.
    Yes, timing plays a part. I get what you mean by the technique...

The moment boss turns to non-tank class, use Axe throw to taunt him back immediately....
    Still the same... In split seconds.... The boss turns back to my mage due to high damage dealt to the boss which is way higher than my threat or aggro.

I hope STS will improve Warrior tanking aspect to be more efficient and tankier.
    Comparing to other types of Tanking class in other MMORPG out in the market, our Warrior feels weak to be honest lol.
    Last edited by Kenoon; 01-05-2013 at 05:16 AM.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.
    Guild Master of Singaporeans.
    Kenoon - Lv21 Tank Warrior.
    Hiddenleaf - Lv15 Pure Dex Ranger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoon View Post
    Frankly speaking.... Stacking the armors doesnt really help me much as the damage i'm taking in is still alot.
    In the end, i wear back all my gears and 2h weapon. My aggro gets better in this case.
    Yes, timing plays a part. I get what you mean by the technique...

The moment boss turns to non-tank class, use Axe throw to taunt him back immediately....
    Still the same... In split seconds.... The boss turns back to my mage due to high damage dealt to the boss which is way higher than my threat or aggro.

I hope STS will improve Warrior tanking aspect to be more efficient and tankier.
    Comparing to other types of Tanking class in other MMORPG out in the market, our Warrior feels weak to be honest lol.
    I'm in the same boat as you. That's why I feel DPS cannot be totally ignored. I would like to use Ugg's skill set with Ashanto's gear. Hopefully he will reply somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I go with koko, an extra 80 armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

After experimenting back and forth for a while, I've found that I can hold aggro much easier when using my Winterhowler, rather than my Arctic Ward. I'm using a variation of the 4-taunt build.

Sometimes I just can't get the boss to look at me no matter how many taunts I use. But when I switch to the Winterhowler, the worst that seems to ever happen is that another warrior and I get into "taunt wars" with each other. So yeah, even when using the four taunt build, DPS matters. Which I find unfortunate.

This is all tested in PUG jarl runs, btw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quick question, what gear do you use personally when your tanking for your team reggin?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I've posted my exact gear in the my stats as of now thread... it's nothing spectacular... though my new favorite pet is esteban as long as I'm willing to use a ton of mana pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I've posted my exact gear in the my stats as of now thread... it's nothing spectacular... though my new favorite pet is esteban as long as I'm willing to use a ton of mana pots.
    Yeah, esteban is rather underrated for a tank. Being able to hit 20% dodge with him out is pretty nice, on top of all his other benefits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah i see now, have you tested Loki by chance ? Since he isn't a unreal overpriced pet anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

IMO, all warriors should be tanks. If you want to deal damage then make a rogue.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Warriors will never do what rogues can... my 20 rogue does 3x the damage of my warrior, even in damage gear with 140 dps...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi I'm a new warrior here. My friends are all playing dps class (Mage & rogues) I refer to the build on #1 and run through quick browse of the whole thread and notice that warrior is a good tank. May I know what gear to go for as this is my first char? Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I am still convinced that DPS is much better at grabbing aggro than the actual taunts. I have been running this build for over a week now with about 112 DPS. I farm Jarl when I play and after numerous Jarl runs, warriors with windmill, skyward smash, and high DPS are still stealing aggro and I'll have three taunts active at once. I'm going back to the so called "DPS build" because it's holding aggro much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I went back to SS, CS, VB, and HoR and I have tosay that I'm holding aggro much better with the two taunts because I'm able to do a larger output in damage with vb and ss. I dropped all my tank gear for DPS gear and I'm still able to tank. Can anyone besides Reggin validate this build? The taunts just don't seem to put out more threat than SS or WM which I believe is broken. I would love rolling with Reggins build if it gaurenteed aggro but it doesn't seem like it can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Ice View Post
    I went back to SS, CS, VB, and HoR and I have tosay that I'm holding aggro much better with the two taunts because I'm able to do a larger output in damage with vb and ss. I dropped all my tank gear for DPS gear and I'm still able to tank. Can anyone besides Reggin validate this build? The taunts just don't seem to put out more threat than SS or WM which I believe is broken. I would love rolling with Reggins build if it gaurenteed aggro but it doesn't seem like it can.
    I wonder how the four taunt build would work out with full dps gear. I hope to eventually try it out, but I just don't have the billions of gold to afford all new gear like others seem to be able to do, lol.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    I wonder how the four taunt build would work out with full dps gear. I hope to eventually try it out, but I just don't have the billions of gold to afford all new gear like others seem to be able to do, lol.
    Surprisingly, warriors with similar and even lower DPS than what I had were holding better with SS and WM. It wouldn't hurt to have higher DPS with the 4 taunts but there's something inherently wrong when a 4 taunt build cannot hold aggro.