Thread: just a suggestion to sts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default just a suggestion to sts

would it be more profitable to make plat items better then the legendary items ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Indeed it would. But then people who can't afford plat or don't want to spend money would be up in arms because they wouldn't be able to compete with plat buyers.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I personally think its a good idea, but like Low had stated, I'm sure people wouldn't really like the idea of spending money on video games, especially players like me who mostly plays on consoles like Xbox, meaning I'll have to pay for two games. I don't have any troubles with it, just that other players would.
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Indeed it would. But then people who can't afford plat or don't want to spend money would be up in arms because they wouldn't be able to compete with plat buyers.
    The new plat items (riffle, bow and 1H sword and shield) can be traded in C.S.
    Iacito My guess: 2900

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

i understand that but when sts doesn't make profit i reckon they will stop to improve the game and then it dies and they start a new game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa View Post
    would it be more profitable to make plat items better then the legendary items ??
    What would be the motivation to run elite maps, then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Pay to win? Nah.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa View Post
    i understand that but when sts doesn't make profit i reckon they will stop to improve the game and then it dies and they start a new game...
    The game will also die if everyone feels they have to spend money to have the best gear. For me, if I could buy the best gear, I already would have. And I would already be done with this game.

It would be best for STS to find other incentives to get people to buy/spend plat.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I don't get what's the problem..
    If You want the best, pay for it!
    If You don't want to pay for it, You don't really want it!
    Being jealous on others who have better items 'cause They paid for it is a bit retarded act.
    Of course the real life money paid items have to be better. If not, why would I pay for it??? Why would I spend my money on a bag of sh*t when I can get better stuffs for free?
    To get the best of something, You must invest in it! This is how life goes. And, You think, that this is only a video game.. and You won't spend money on it. Okay! No money. No paid bills. Server shutdown! Watch the running little wolf and the "Server down!" sign!
    STS need to profit from their games to run them, so They must make the non-free items better, so players have a reason to buy them. In SL this is why I don't purchase Platinums anymore after average 2800 Platinum purchases a month. Plat store items are worse than free dropped items. There's no reason to buy anything from the Store. The last purchase I made was to reserve names. Purchases for reserving names and to buy a vanity pet every 3rd month won't keep STS alive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

What's this about purchasing name reservations? I've never seen anything on that before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm a plat spender and I'd lose interest very fast. The whole fun of the game is the hunt for the best gear. If you can just buy it, then no need to even play, just log in once every couple of months, make a plat purchase, buy your weapons and then sign off.

There shouldn't even be weapons or regular gear bought for plat. It should be things like vanity items and elixirs.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm a plat spender and I'd lose interest very fast. The whole fun of the game is the hunt for the best gear. If you can just buy it, then no need to even play, just log in once every couple of months, make a plat purchase, buy your weapons and then sign off.

There shouldn't even be weapons or regular gear bought for plat. It should be things like vanity items and elixirs.
    Clap, clap!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Feke View Post
    I don't get what's the problem..
    If You want the best, pay for it!
    If You don't want to pay for it, You don't really want it!
    Being jealous on others who have better items 'cause They paid for it is a bit retarded act.
    Of course the real life money paid items have to be better. If not, why would I pay for it??? Why would I spend my money on a bag of sh*t when I can get better stuffs for free?
    To get the best of something, You must invest in it! This is how life goes. And, You think, that this is only a video game.. and You won't spend money on it. Okay! No money. No paid bills. Server shutdown! Watch the running little wolf and the "Server down!" sign! .
    all this says is you have no idea how a business model for a "FTP" game should work. I'm not an expert on it, but there is a lot of common sense involved. And what your saying is contrary to that IMO.

To be successful you need to have people spend money... consistently. Not one and done. You also want more people spending smaller amounts than a few people spending large amounts. In order to do this you have to have a large player base. What better way to get Joe Broke to spend some of his money than to get him to quit the game right? Great idea. Not to mention, those "high rollers" will quit the game too if there is no incentive to play after buying the best gear the first 5 minutes. Then what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Exactly my point.
    Last edited by Rare; 01-03-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    all this says is you have no idea how a business model for a "FTP" game should work. I'm not an expert on it, but there is a lot of common sense involved. And what your saying is contrary to that IMO.

To be successful you need to have people spend money... consistently. Not one and done. You also want more people spending smaller amounts than a few people spending large amounts. In order to do this you have to have a large player base. What better way to get Joe Broke to spend some of his money than to get him to quit the game right? Great idea. Not to mention, those "high rollers" will quit the game too if there is no incentive to play after buying the best gear the first 5 minutes. Then what do you do?

Exactly my point.
    So. You say STS will profit from that that players farming for the best stuffs that are free drops?
    So. After an hour or two of farming You get the best stuffs for free and You're not playing anymore?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird:912006
    Pay to win? Nah.
    Exacto-mundo Broseph
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

So. You say STS will profit from that that players farming for the best stuffs that are free drops?
    So. After an hour or two of farming You get the best stuffs for free and You're not playing anymore?
    It takes a lot more than an hour or two, or even ten or twenty. Spending plat speeds up the process, like buying elixirs, so there is the incentive for players to spend plat. But it does not discourage those who cannot spend plat to still play the game as all goals are obtainable whether or not you spend plat. Remember that many of the players do not CHOOSE to not spend plat but CANNOT spend plat, i.e. they are kids, teens, etc. who do not have money. Without those players, the game would become very empty and those who do spend plat would quit anyway since nobody wants to play an empty game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

No
    and No

1. Sts makes more money by having more players playing the game. More players that play will spend more platinum on other things. Its up to STS to decided what these things are. There are MAAAANY suggestions out there already. Gear should generally be free as drops to keep the players playing.

2. Name me anyone that after an hour or two of farming has all the best gear. Don't be naive.