Thread: PvP : 1-2months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Angry PvP : 1-2months

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hello and welcome! PvP will be coming with our next level cap raise and update. Should be in 1-2 months.

Im so ________. Realy ________________________ and ________so hoping to get started and kick some_______...but then .......T_T

But there's nothing we can do other than wait. Im guessing the main reason they keep pushing pvp is to balance the class. Well thanks STS . I realy cant wait to enjoy PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I have no problem with waiting longer as long as it comes out well-polished.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

If its two months for cap and the limited amount of things to do I believe AL will die out in overall popularity and more migrating back to PL/SL/DL. I've capped two accounts for 16 and 21 cap and made a lvl 15 pvper so now im waiting. Ive done the farming I want and have no need for anything else. Tis boring other than collecting my dailies.

PvE - Zero Death Mage
    Kdr - Mage Duelist - PvPer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

anyways im glad ro know this ealy, coz i was thinking of buying gears for my toons in jan. Knowing this makes me just save the gold and buy gears at the next level cap(which pvp comes)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Honestly some people may disagree but I dont even want pvp in this game... IMO it ruined Pl people became stuck up jerks. Some of you know wat I am talking about. Thats just my opinion though.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23165&d=1358582883
    Legends Don't Die They Just Fade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Traebeles99 View Post
    Honestly some people may disagree but I dont even want pvp in this game... IMO it ruined Pl people became stuck up jerks. Some of you know wat I am talking about. Thats just my opinion though.
    PvP always has the potential to do bad things to a game's community. It's just the nature of direct competition in the anonymous environment that the Internet is.

But, without PvP games like these don't retain nearly as many players long term, because that's just the standard. Even people that only remotely enjoy PvP still look at the lack of PvP in a game as a big missing chunk of the game.

If you want to see a good example, take a look at Diablo 3. The game broke sales records when it launched, but the amount of players logging in dropped some crazy amount within 3-4 months. There were a lot of factors, including the game's own shortcomings and the launch of the latest WoW expansion, but just watch the numbers jump back up once they introduce PvP (unless they have already, I haven't been keeping up with blizzard news for months now).

It's just that once a player has done everything and maxed out his or her character, the only thing left is to either start another character and do it all over again, or move on to fighting human opponents. Without that option, even if it's on the horizon, many folks won't take a game seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    It's just that once a player has done everything and maxed out his or her character, the only thing left is to either start another character and do it all over again, or move on to fighting human opponents. Without that option, even if it's on the horizon, many folks won't take a game seriously.
    What they need to do is keep adding more and more difficult things. I keep referring to this as the perfect example in these threads, but in PL when they added Dragon drops, that kept everyone interested for months. Dragon items were so rare and expensive (they were going for 10m+ per piece) that it would take months for most players to earn enough gold to buy one, or would take months to farm one if you wanted to even try. Either way, it kept the elite players working towards the goal of having one of these prestigious sets. They need to figure out how to do this more often. I know folks will complain because they want everything to be easy, but as you stated above, if everything is easy, then there's nothing more to do when you finish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I agree with trae, that ppl do become jerks when it comes down to PvP. I've witnessed lots of it in SL... But as Mike stated, players like me who are still casual MMO players yet competitive still would like to enjoy it. Besides, all the jerks you meet in PvP, all you have to do is ignore them.
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili View Post
    Besides, all the jerks you meet in PvP, all you have to do is ignore them.
    Or smash their faces in! lol!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i want pvp!!!!..
    so bored now