Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Major freeroam and Pking areas. POST MAJOR IDEAS HERE!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Arent we off subject? Anyways talking of this matter you could always implement teleportation as some games have,but going between dungeons could have sub routes. Take for example Pokemon you walk the routes, but you engage in battle meaning leveling up gaining items etc, etc. So if free roam could be implemented it wouldn't be just bare as if there wasnt enemy's along the way right? so you dont waste your time just walking you also gain xp and gp or as the other option you could just teleport there! .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Revenge View Post
    Arent we off subject? Anyways talking of this matter you could always implement teleportation as some games have,but going between dungeons could have sub routes. Take for example Pokemon you walk the routes, but you engage in battle meaning leveling up gaining items etc, etc. So if free roam could be implemented it wouldn't be just bare as if there wasnt enemy's along the way right? so you dont waste your time just walking you also gain xp and gp or as the other option you could just teleport there! .
    Correct, you don't just waste time walking from map to map, you actually engaging in combat fighting against enemies on the road. Of course, if you are going to do some long distance travel, there can always be a waypoint systek implented for instantanous teleportation. To be honest, a semi-free-roam world is what I prefer over pure instant in PL. The fomer makes me feel more engaged.

Most important, the social experience in PL right now is horrible, i really did mean...horrible. In town, you can only walk to maybe a dozen people that's it. In map, you can only talk to 4 other players that's it. Dev should expand the chat feature by allowing chats from all players show up on the chat window. But if there are over 1K players talk at the same time, the chat window might be jammed. Not a very good idea. That's why I brought up the semi-free-roam like in Guild War into this topic. When a player enters a town he will be placed into a random town channel, so every time he enters a town he can always socialize with different people.