Thread: AL player thinking about playing PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default AL player thinking about playing PL

Hi. I am level 20 in AL and thinking about checking this out some. Is it worth it to start now as a new player? I made a ranger and am level 8 now. I am more into pve then pvp. Anything on the cash store worth buying while starting out?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Hello and welcome. If you want some advice, never buy plat equipment. Either farm it or buy from cs/npc. Pl is a Greg game that requires no money if you know how to use it. W3ii is. Great tool for free plat. Make sure to get your free 5 min x3 combo everyday.
    Hit me up as naonagotek if you need help.

Mtte

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yea I been thinking the same thing...i mean is it worth it to go back after you have had an almost-capped charactor since like lv50 cap to restart from the beginning with no money or reputation?
    Or is it better to stay with AL with a lv20 and a lv17 on the way to 21?
    And if so what class? I have had an archer who is lv61 so I really dont want to make another but that is the class I came in to STS and that was the class that started it all. Maybe a bear but I now very little on PL tanking and I now how people really get mad when a scatter bear comes in (i have been there before)
    Last edited by Pwnman; 01-01-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Well due to Special level cap vanities in PL, you will not be able to compete fairly with other players until 3 level caps. For each of those caps you will have to hit the elite level (76,81,86). So you wont be up to par with other players for at least 1 year. Each elite level will require a minimum 0f 100,000 experience each. In AL 15to16 required 10,000. So imagine 100,000. You also need to afford yourself a vanity set. This will cost millions. To be better equipped you will need a black vanity which is dis-continued and will cost you 15-20m. End-Game pvp is highly unbalanced and PVE gets highly repetitive and boring after level 50.

So imho you should stick to AL.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seminole For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    Well due to Special level cap vanities in PL, you will not be able to compete fairly with other players until 3 level caps. For each of those caps you will have to hit the elite level (76,81,86). So you wont be up to par with other players for at least 1 year. Each elite level will require a minimum 0f 100,000 experience each. In AL 15to16 required 10,000. So imagine 100,000. You also need to afford yourself a vanity set. This will cost millions. To be better equipped you will need a black vanity which is dis-continued and will cost you 15-20m. End-Game pvp is highly unbalanced and PVE gets highly repetitive and boring after level 50.

He speaks the truth. Stick to AL
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Honestly if you enjoy it play PL dont just stop because some people say its horrible. You should go off your opinion not others^^^^

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

No one said it was horrible they were just saying how it is over here.

If you wanna try it out go ahead. Be sure to collect your daily reward because the exp here is no where near to AL.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notyocookiez View Post
    No one said it was horrible they were just saying how it is over here.

If you wanna try it out go ahead. Be sure to collect your daily reward because the exp here is no where near to AL.
    Lol, i was refering to the part where it seems like you're making it to where he or she shouldn't try PL because AL is far more superior. But if he or she isnt an elite person then yeah they can play PL til next cap

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

He did say that he was more into PVE vs PVP. so level caps dont really matter for a pve player. And the top gear for each lvl is now at reasonable prices (except for glyph & demonic) I think that you could have a good time here in PL. I'd say give it a chance and see how you like it. If nothing else, you can swap back and forth between the 2 games so you don't get bored. .
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shellkaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shellkaz View Post
    He did say that he was more into PVE vs PVP. so level caps dont really matter for a pve player. And the top gear for each lvl is now at reasonable prices (except for glyph & demonic) I think that you could have a good time here in PL. I'd say give it a chance and see how you like it. If nothing else, you can swap back and forth between the 2 games so you don't get bored. .
    Reasonable prices? Dumbest thing ive ever read. Sorry to come off rude, but people like you ruined the game. Its because of people like you that they changed low lvl recipe drop rates, glyph drop rates, re continued old items and re released wf items. Noob. Go home.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yich For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post

That was pretty harsh. Has lyrn stated, you don't Need elite vaintys for pve. A sand crusher or wand set will serve you fine for pve.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mage till the end For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Elite or not, pl still awesome.
    And you dont HAVE to compete with other players? Theres PvE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Balancing both games and life would be a challenge I've put too much time into pl to switch now. I played al for a few hours IMO its about equal with pl they both have good/bad sides to em..... And as far as beig unbalanced and having to work toward being elite al is going to be the same way eventually your in on the ground floor which is an advantage but there's no way of knowing which class will be superior pvp in end game so you've got a 1/3chance of nailing it unless you want to level 3 characters to every single elite lvl cap..... Tough decision glad I don't have to make it =P
    <a href=http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg target=_blank>http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg</a>
    AL Ign: Diseased, Vilified, and Monumental
    PL Ign: MassAtrocity, MassInferno, and MassInsanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Reasonable prices? Dumbest thing ive ever read. Sorry to come off rude, but people like you ruined the game. Its because of people like you that they changed low lvl recipe drop rates, glyph drop rates, re continued old items and re released wf items. Noob. Go home.
    Indeed if I had been playing when all these vanitys and other dc'ed items were originally released I would be furious, they took gold from the original fans who got them started and gave it to us new players....

Even though I'm on the good side now it makes me wonder if I should even continue playing
    <a href=http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg target=_blank>http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg</a>
    AL Ign: Diseased, Vilified, and Monumental
    PL Ign: MassAtrocity, MassInferno, and MassInsanity