Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rally cry worthless?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default rally cry worthless?

Hi, I was thinking of making a build using rally cry, but not many ppl use that skill, and also nothing in the guides.Any of you tried that skill yet? if yes then please share your experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its very good skill give u speed,dodge,damage reduction ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

use instead of vengeful blood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

vengeful blood is useless to elite tanks because it grants all atack buffs except 25 or 50 strength....Just wanna be immortal..but could be at cost of low damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaobic View Post
    vengeful blood is useless to elite tanks because it grants all atack buffs except 25 or 50 strength....Just wanna be immortal..but could be at cost of low damage
    Vengeful Blood is useless?? And what was your explanation again? Because I hardly understood it. I think your're confusing the skills and if your're not, Vengeful is almost in every effective Tank build for it's Mana regeneration capabilities (aswell as granting you some HP). So unless you thoroughly explain what skill set you're using I would not be going around saying things are useless/worthless and giving people bad advice!
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Eni... I think you consider any warrior a tank, but I respectfully disagree. Any warrior can do a decent job tanking because of the innate health and armor associated with the class. However, vengeful is useless if the ONLY goal of the warrior is to tank elites.

If the warrior wants to be purely a tank with no regard for dealing damage, the only benefits of vengeful are the mana regen and the 500 heal. It's amazing for warriors who care about dealing damage, but to someone who only wants to tank there are skills that are much more useful.

Personally, my warrior Ugg is ONLY used as a tank. When I want to dps, I use my rogue Everdeen because it's much better at it. My mage is support spec'd for that reason (curse, heal, time, and gale for control) in that I can fill in whatever role is needed for an organized party.

Personally, a pure tank, two rogues, and a support mage is the ideal party in my mind. Rogues won't need mana pots between my nexus and the mage heal, the curse reduces my pot use and increases rogue dps, and the rogues can alternate smoke to keep it up most of the time.

Unfortunately, due to scaling a party can't beat the speed of a solo rogue as is evident by lesmiserables times proves. However, if sts makes elites balanced to the point where a maxed party is needed that will change. I personally think it shouldn't be possible to solo elites... scale down regular areas, but not elites.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think damage red and dodge is better then 50 str

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spidah View Post
    Vengeful Blood is useless?? And what was your explanation again? Because I hardly understood it. I think your're confusing the skills and if your're not, Vengeful is almost in every effective Tank build for it's Mana regeneration capabilities (aswell as granting you some HP). So unless you thoroughly explain what skill set you're using I would not be going around saying things are useless/worthless and giving people bad advice!
    I think what he was saying is that VB is useless for his goals, which are survivability. Since VB is all mainly attack buffs, rather than defense buffs, it just doesn't meet his needs n any way.

I don't think he meant it was a useless skill period, just that it was useless for the type of build he is going for.

To answer the OP's question, I really liked the rally cry skill when I used it. The defensive abilities are great, and they can extend to the whole group, which I really liked. The speed boost was icing on the cake. But there was no taunt built into it, so I ended up switching back to juggernaut.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
    Eni... I think you consider any warrior a tank, but I respectfully disagree. Any warrior can do a decent job tanking because of the innate health and armor associated with the class. However, vengeful is useless if the ONLY goal of the warrior is to tank elites.

If the warrior wants to be purely a tank with no regard for dealing damage, the only benefits of vengeful are the mana regen and the 500 heal. It's amazing for warriors who care about dealing damage, but to someone who only wants to tank there are skills that are much more useful.

Personally, my warrior Ugg is ONLY used as a tank. When I want to dps, I use my rogue Everdeen because it's much better at it. My mage is support spec'd for that reason (curse, heal, time, and gale for control) in that I can fill in whatever role is needed for an organized party.

Personally, a pure tank, two rogues, and a support mage is the ideal party in my mind. Rogues won't need mana pots between my nexus and the mage heal, the curse reduces my pot use and increases rogue dps, and the rogues can alternate smoke to keep it up most of the time.

Unfortunately, due to scaling a party can't beat the speed of a solo rogue as is evident by lesmiserables times proves. However, if sts makes elites balanced to the point where a maxed party is needed that will change. I personally think it shouldn't be possible to solo elites... scale down regular areas, but not elites.
    I think a Warrior should be a tank no matter what build set-up (just depends on the skill of the player). His main job is to divert the mobs attantion to him (currently is pretty much hard to do with a single boss) and take the blunt of the damage while the Sorcerer nukes and the Rogue does prioritize killing. So that's my basis. All this talk about pure-tank, hybrid, solo, mob blah blah blah are just playing styles that suits different situations in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    I think what he was saying is that VB is useless for his goals, which are survivability. Since VB is all mainly attack buffs, rather than defense buffs, it just doesn't meet his needs n any way.

I don't think he meant it was a useless skill period, just that it was useless for the type of build he is going for.

To answer the OP's question, I really liked the rally cry skill when I used it. The defensive abilities are great, and they can extend to the whole group, which I really liked. The speed boost was icing on the cake. But there was no taunt built into it, so I ended up switching back to juggernaut.
    Well Wizard those are your words not his lol. What does he mean by "Elite Tank" does it mean tanking in Elite maps? does it mean an Elite tank who's good? And what's that about immortal? Are we watching a movie lol (I'm exaggerating to prove my point). Anywho's he's giving advice without much backbone to his theory.

*Oh crap Devs changed my forum user name to my IGN...thumbs up lol!!!!
    Last edited by Enisceloz; 01-02-2013 at 08:44 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Enisceloz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enisceloz View Post
    Well Wizard those are your words not his lol. What does he mean by "Elite Tank" does it mean tanking in Elite maps? does it mean an Elite tank who's good? And what's that about immortal? Are we watching a movie lol (I'm exaggerating to prove my point). Anywho's he's giving advice without much backbone to his theory.
    True, it's just my interpretation. But it seemed somewhat straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaobic View Post
    VB is useless because it's all attack buffs, meaning he only values defensive buffs to run elite maps. "just wanna be immortal" simply means he wants the skills that keep him from dying, even at the cost of not being able to deal decent damage.

I'm not really sure how else his post could be taken, but that's just me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

True, it's just my interpretation. But it seemed somewhat straightforward.

VB is useless because it's all attack buffs, meaning he only values defensive buffs to run elite maps. "just wanna be immortal" simply means he wants the skills that keep him from dying, even at the cost of not being able to deal decent damage.

I'm not really sure how else his post could be taken, but that's just me.
    You know VB when charged gives you 500 HP???? While keeping your mana practically intact. How is this not considered survival??

*Actually let me add to that, and when used first in a skill cycle it obviously increases your strength (+50 when charged) thus increasing your Bonus Dmg% thus increasing the effects of the rest of your skills in your cycle. It's both an offensive and defensive skill. I think I rest my case now lol.
    Last edited by Enisceloz; 01-02-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

You know VB when charged gives you 500 HP???? While keeping your mana practically intact. How is this not considered survival??
    Hey, that's his argument, not mine. And you'll note that he did say "except for 25 or 50 strength".

But since you ask, I will say that if you're trying to make a "cannot die" build, spending points and a skill slot on something that is mainly focused on increasing your dps isn't really worth it, even if it does give some health and replenish mana. Those can help you survive, sure, but if you're looking for pure defense there are better options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Hey, that's his argument, not mine. And you'll note that he did say "except for 25 or 50 strength".

But since you ask, I will say that if you're trying to make a "cannot die" build, spending points and a skill slot on something that is mainly focused on increasing your dps isn't really worth it, even if it does give some health and replenish mana. Those can help you survive, sure, but if you're looking for pure defense there are better options.
    No, that was your interpretation of his words. We still don't know what he was talking about with certainty lol.

And hummmm you wanna bet on the "cannot die" part? Add me: IGN: Enisceloz

I get enough defense with my equipment/pets and my HoR. The rest is helped by me and taken care by my party. I hardly spend pots (anywhere) unless it's a Watchers run (with a ok group lol) and I've yet to see a Warrior run that motha like I do lol.

...I do what I preach bro lol.
    Last edited by Enisceloz; 01-02-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

No, that was your interpretation of his words. We still don't know what he was talking about with certainty lol.

And hummmm you wanna bet on the "cannot die" part? Add me: IGN: Enisceloz

I get enough defense with my equipment/pets and my HoR. The rest is helped by me and taken care by my party. I hardly spend pots (anywhere) unless it's a Watchers run (with a ok group lol) and I've yet to see a tank run that motha like I do lol.

...I do what I preach bro lol.
    At what point did you think anyone was trying to say that you couldn't "be immortal" with VB? There was never a personal challenge issued, calm down, lol.

All he said was that he doesn't care about attack buffs, just wants defense to "be immortal", and doesn't care about dealing damage. I think you're really trying to read too much into this, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

At what point did you think anyone was trying to say that you couldn't "be immortal" with VB? There was never a personal challenge issued, calm down, lol.

All he said was that he doesn't care about attack buffs, just wants defense to "be immortal", and doesn't care about dealing damage. I think you're really trying to read too much into this, lol.
    No I think you are. I obviously started posting because I disagree with his statement, which he fails to elaborate on. So maybe he can do that and I can debate with him. And as for you, who already tried correcting me somewhere else lol, I have countered all your assumptions because that's what they have been, just assumptions. It's not a challenge I'll just show you how "I can't get killed" lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin View Post

thats y m recommending to use rally cry if u want to b pure tank as it gives massive dodge nd speed. also it gives dmg deduction. this skill buffs whole party wich makes war a real tank i.e. survivality of party.
    Venge blood is jst an insane buff to oneself.:-)
    rally cry is very imp. in CTF nd u kno it y ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    thats y m recommending to use rally cry if u want to b pure tank as it gives massive dodge nd speed. also it gives dmg deduction. this skill buffs whole party wich makes war a real tank i.e. survivality of party.
    Venge blood is jst an insane buff to oneself.:-)
    rally cry is very imp. in CTF nd u kno it y ;-)
    But this will ruin his build because his main focus is too keep aggro 99.9% of the time! Rally Cry doesn't have a taunt. However I do see you're point it will be very effective in a defensive stand point for a tank. When I first played the game I had it on my build. And I guess it was because my stats were low or didn't have optimal equipment on, that I found the buffs pretty weak. Then again I tried it during the free respec time and yet again I found the buffs were pretty weak for the way I play as a Warrior!
    Last edited by Enisceloz; 01-02-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

No I think you are. I obviously started posting because I disagree with his statement, which he fails to elaborate on. So maybe he can do that and I can debate with him. And as for you, who already tried correcting me somewhere else lol, I have countered all your assumptions because that's what they have been, just assumptions. It's not a challenge I'll just show you how "I can't get killed" lol
    I really couldn't care less if you can show me how indistructible you are, lol. It has no bearing on anything being discussed here.

You made a post clearly stating you didn't understand what he was saying, even though it looked pretty straightforward to me, so I merely "translated" for you. Now you're getting all wound up about proving your build, lol. Relax man, it's not a contest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I really couldn't care less if you can show me how indistructible you are, lol. It has no bearing on anything being discussed here.

You made a post clearly stating you didn't understand what he was saying, even though it looked pretty straightforward to me, so I merely "translated" for you. Now you're getting all wound up about proving your build, lol. Relax man, it's not a contest.
    Nope...I understood Vengeful Blood is worthless then he went on something else. Don't want to get the OP or people reading this thinking that Vengeful Blood is worthless, that's all. When is a staple on my build and on many others already listed here. Then you went on about something else about not dying, so I'll simply proof that I won't die on Vengeful Blood and no Rally Cry. So where's the beef-o-roni lol?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

But this will ruin his build because his main focus is too keep aggro 99.9% of the time! Rally Cry doesn't have a taunt.
    He never actually stated anything about holding aggro, just about being defensive. So we're not really sure if it would ruin his build goals or not.

But I will agree that that lack of a taunt makes Rally Cry less desirable for a tanking build. That's why I feel Juggernaut is a better choice. But who knows, perhaps he only cares about his own survival, not the survival of his team, lol.