Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: undercuting = less gold

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default undercuting = less gold

Yeah i know its good that prices are dropping fast now and yes its because of people trying to sell items fast and undercutting.No point of chosing a three day option when selling stuff <except when you want to save> when after listing your item there is someone who will undercut afterwards 75% of the time and so on. I would just like to point out that this is a bad habit because one 1. Best item usually are 500k + in cs 2. listing fees are expensive 3. when you sell an item for a lower price you will get fewer golds also thus making less return profit which makes buying reason number more difficult..

Its a free market tho.. My suggestion is if you undercut someone just undercut for just a little bit or dont at all.. or do your business in forums or in kraag which is free

ps: how do i make a signature?lol

IM PINK THEREFORE IM HAM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spiderpig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    Yeah i know its good that prices are dropping fast now and yes its because of people trying to sell items fast and undercutting.No point of chosing a three day option when selling stuff <except when you want to save> when after listing your item there is someone who will undercut afterwards 75% of the time and so on. I would just like to point out that this is a bad habit because one 1. Best item usually are 500k + in cs 2. listing fees are expensive 3. when you sell an item for a lower price you will get fewer golds also thus making less return profit which makes buying reason number more difficult..

Its a free market tho.. My suggestion is if you undercut someone just undercut for just a little bit or dont at all.. or do your business in forums or in kraag which is free

ps: how do i make a signature?lol

IM PINK THEREFORE IM HAM
    This is all true but "buyers" wait for a nice undercut to buy, soooooo if you what to actually sell what you have you are gonna have to undercut nicely.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

from my experience when you undercut someone by a bit 1-5% chances of you selling that item is not very high

so in the long run you might be re-listing the same item 2, 3, 4, or even 5x so some people undercut by quite a huge margin for a higher chance of sale ... and sometimes it crashes the item

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yes its nice to undercut if you really want to sell an item but it seems the problem will surface once you undercut an item for like 100k off the price and that item wouldnt sell in an hour or so and people will follow through thus lessening the items overall value..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Settings (Top Right) > Edit Signature (Left Panel)

If you do not have a signature to use, I'd suggest checking out the forum for Signature shops.

3 I can recommend (Active)

MrsBerry = http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ature-Artworks

Aerostar = http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Gfx-showcase

Tilax = http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ature-s-Free-D

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Tips: i have experienced these a lot.i keep my prices intact and just wait for someone to pm me for discounts.i usually get 3-5 pm's when i put something in cs and just give to the highest bidder. I do asks for discounts also so i supposed this is true with all the others..the problem is you need to be online almost all the time tho

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Tnx bodmaster! i reli appreciate it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

i cant remember when was the last time i read about "undercutting" sales ...way back from SL

some people doesnt realy care... all they think is to sell it while its hot. its either wait til the price go up again or go with the flow

GL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

unless items are discontinued all items will eventually go down in price...its something sellers have to accept

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yep! im a seller so from my point of view its bad, very bad. but im more concered for people who dont get enuf gold and farm more than the people who hve more golds.i just want them to help themselves but i know that wont be happening anytime soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You guys are discussing items that have artificially inflated prices. If someone undercuts you and the price of your items is legitimate, then someone will quickly snatch up the lower priced item and soon after yours will be the lowest again. If people continue to undercut eachother then it means the price was artificially inflated anyway. Eventually prices settle to the real value of an item.

Try selling a colton egg for 500k and see if someone undercuts you. Yours will be gone in a second and nobody is going to undercut you.

Unfortunately, when there are more items available than buyers who want them, prices drop. That's why prices drop after a new campaign has been around a while. Many people have gotten their gear already so not as many potential buyers still around, or those who are around are not willing to pay the high prices. So prices drop to the point that people are willing to pay.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-03-2013 at 04:43 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quit complaining I always sell for less than cs low. Its better for the game when prices arent freakin outrageous...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxin View Post
    Quit complaining I always sell for less than cs low. Its better for the game when prices arent freakin outrageous...
    I am not complaining.I just pointed this one out to help those who farm and sell eveything at a lesser price.They do the hard work and they get Less

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

My point is: A. u hve a ring and u sell it at 75k when actual/usual price is normally 100-150k or even higher.
    B. u want best weapon for ur char worth 750k up (good thing old items are now cheap unlike first patch)
    C.in order for u to acquire B u need to at least sell 6-8 letter As when you could have done it in just 3-5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i made a thread like this one but i now started undercutting by 1 e.g lowest 100,000 i put 99,999 that way buyer more likly.to buy mine but if that buyer is kind hearted he might thinks hmmmm only 1 gold differance so he might go for 100k but people usually go for lowest

and buying cheap stuff is funu save gold bad it ur the seller tho coz less profit

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I understand the need to sell item cheap so it would be sold asap but what people need to understand is that top gears are always expensive

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtandel10 View Post
    i made a thread like this one but i now started undercutting by 1 e.g lowest 100,000 i put 99,999 that way buyer more likly.to buy mine but if that buyer is kind hearted he might thinks hmmmm only 1 gold differance so he might go for 100k but people usually go for lowest

and buying cheap stuff is funu save gold bad it ur the seller tho coz less profit
    undercutting by that amount is either bad or good..bad for the other seller and good.becoz u retain the usual price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    I understand the need to sell item cheap so it would be sold asap but what people need to understand is that top gears are always expensive
    true there will be low price for agile but mighty stuff will defo be higher and wont be the price of agile unless idiots are selling it :-)(-:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Undercutting now imo is kinda good. Prices are still way too high for the average pick-up gamer to make purchases. The market should stabilize itself after a while though, so there's no real need to get anxious about it.
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default undercuting = less gold

I undercut by 1k-20k depending on the price of item. If some one undercuts some one by 1 gold or 1k on a high priced item I (I know many others do this to) I buy the one slightly more expensive. I just don't like the jerks who undercut a 100k item by 1-100gold... Like seriously... I hope many others follow suit and the ones that already do this. Kudos to you.
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)