Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: undercuting = less gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtandel10 View Post
    i made a thread like this one but i now started undercutting by 1 e.g lowest 100,000 i put 99,999 that way buyer more likly.to buy mine
    Nah, in this situation buyer is more likely to buy neither and just wait for a better price. No penalty in waiting here since if someone buys yours the other one for 1 gold more is still for sale. People usually only buy when they think they are getting the best deal possible. If two are the same price, then why buy now? Might as well wait and hope for a better price. Maybe the next seller lists for 90k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbite View Post
    I undercut by 1k-20k depending on the price of item. If some one undercuts some one by 1 gold or 1k on a high priced item I (I know many others do this to) I buy the one slightly more expensive. I just don't like the jerks who undercut a 100k item by 1-100gold... Like seriously... I hope many others follow suit and the ones that already do this. Kudos to you.
    Ditto, always have done since PL.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Undercutting prices has been around since the first mmorpg. Wont ever go away. We just have to deal with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbite View Post
    I just don't like the jerks who undercut a 100k item by 1-100gold... Like seriously... I hope many others follow suit and the ones that already do this. Kudos to you.
    Haha.. I do this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mankarr:917978
    Undercutting prices has been around since the first mmorpg. Wont ever go away. We just have to deal with it.
    Yea, but of all mmos I've played, (which to my embarrassment is a lot) no other game have I seen multiple people consistently undercutting by 20-50%.

Seriously, this is the best gear obtainable and some of it is going for a few hundred k now thanks to idiotic sellers... all it does its create uncertainty for sellers and buyers... the sellers don't want to sell an item that should be a mil, for a couple hundred k and buyers are expecting top level gear to be as cheap as dirt, and when prices are where they are suppose to be they are afraid to spend gold on something that may depreciate in value by 50% overnight... this folks is what can cause an economy to crash, sellers not selling and buyers not buying... there use to be incentive to farm those chests and gear for the hope of getting those few pieces of loot that can get you a nice fortune... now your lucky if you can sell any item for 700k. The only hopes to make any substantial amount of gold in this game now, is to wait for level cap increase and then grind your butt off and sell it while it's hot, stack your gold and then buy that gear you sold a few weeks ago for a quarter of the price... the depreciation rate for gear in this game is staggering and UN precedented.
    Last edited by grunt226; 01-07-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Amen.
    Haha so true that seems to be the ONLY way to make money now. Hi spiderpig.
    AL| Eldestking & Eldestmage
    Check out my All New Profile *Wink*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Don't blame the sellers, blame the ability to buy more gold than u can make through natural means. Most of the gold in the economy is bought using plat, leads to problems like this...
    All we can do is take advantage of the ppl buying...

Edit: if you think items should stay at the same price, you're way off the mark. More and more people are farming the same items. There are a limited amount of people hitting the cap.
    Last edited by Aeoros; 01-07-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Well, if I get an item that scraps for 6-7 gold from farming, I don't really care what I sell it for if I don't want of need it. Of course I would like to get the most for it that I can. But I also have 1 auction slot, 25 character slots and 5 storage slots. I need that stuff sold and out as quickly as possible, and I really dont care to make the 750k for a farmed item. 1-2-400k is fine if I can free up the inventory slot and make more than scrap value and listing fees back .

And at least for warrior, the winter wonderland armor L21 is just a hair worse than demonlord.
    Even if there was pvp, I wouldn't be spending 500k+ more for an armor that's 1-2 extra points of strength and .5 extra damage.
    i'd much rather sell it and play with the winter armor, and since I don't have a ton of storage or AH slots, pricing high means not making golds and filling up with stuff I need to get rid of but can't quickly.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EldestCollection View Post
    Amen.
    Haha so true that seems to be the ONLY way to make money now. Hi spiderpig.
    hi eldest!

nice of you to pass by )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

theres nothing wrong with undercutting. i love it lol. if someone puts an item up for 800k and it gets undercutted to 550k you wont see me complaining lol. and if someone undercuts you just wait untill theres gets bought and yours will be the lowest again or you can cancel the sale and relist the item for a lower price. wen im dealing with anything that cost 0ver 200k i sell i dont even put it in the CS. but undercutting is fun because i know i just PO'ed someone lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nicoB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grunt226 View Post
    Yea, but of all mmos I've played, (which to my embarrassment is a lot) no other game have I seen multiple people consistently undercutting by 20-50%.

Seriously, this is the best gear obtainable and some of it is going for a few hundred k now thanks to idiotic sellers... all it does its create uncertainty for sellers and buyers... the sellers don't want to sell an item that should be a mil, for a couple hundred k and buyers are expecting top level gear to be as cheap as dirt, and when prices are where they are suppose to be they are afraid to spend gold on something that may depreciate in value by 50% overnight... this folks is what can cause an economy to crash, sellers not selling and buyers not buying... there use to be incentive to farm those chests and gear for the hope of getting those few pieces of loot that can get you a nice fortune... now your lucky if you can sell any item for 700k. The only hopes to make any substantial amount of gold in this game now, is to wait for level cap increase and then grind your butt off and sell it while it's hot, stack your gold and then buy that gear you sold a few weeks ago for a quarter of the price... the depreciation rate for gear in this game is staggering and UN precedented.
    the item shouldnt be a mil in the first place. thats called inflation my friend. the best gear in the game isnt that hard to get anway lol you just have to farm. AL imo is the easiest to get the best gear in of all sts titles. only items that are litteraly owned by like 20 peopl in the game imo should be over a mil. like in SL the best vanities are nearly impossible to find. you need 100% reroll elix and a alot of farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    You guys are discussing items that have artificially inflated prices. If someone undercuts you and the price of your items is legitimate, then someone will quickly snatch up the lower priced item and soon after yours will be the lowest again. If people continue to undercut eachother then it means the price was artificially inflated anyway. Eventually prices settle to the real value of an item.

Try selling a colton egg for 500k and see if someone undercuts you. Yours will be gone in a second and nobody is going to undercut you.

Unfortunately, when there are more items available than buyers who want them, prices drop. That's why prices drop after a new campaign has been around a while. Many people have gotten their gear already so not as many potential buyers still around, or those who are around are not willing to pay the high prices. So prices drop to the point that people are willing to pay.
    lol I don't understand the discussion here. This post summed it up.