Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who always feels unlucky? Suggestion for questing...

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Ik this is necro. For sadness: Name one person who is rich in game and hasnt spent insane amount of plat?
    Well, I got 5mill before :O
    And buddyjosh, has couple mill.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Ya'll make me feel special bringing this thread back up <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Ya'll make me feel special bringing this thread back up <3
    It's worth brining back up!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

This is a really good idea, but don't you think the quests will be really hard to achieve, and by the time you complete them you may have farmed the amount needed for the better gold set?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat View Post
    This is a really good idea, but don't you think the quests will be really hard to achieve, and by the time you complete them you may have farmed the amount needed for the better gold set?
    Not if your unlucky! They can make it for good looks and that you went through so much to get it. Thats if you do get lucky if not then you get both if that makes any sense
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat View Post
    Tron, there is a huge gold inflation in the PL economy. One set is worth way too much in my perspective, at the moment. Farming that much gold in the duration of one quest is realistically impossible.

I believe that the quests should be hard, but NOT repetitive and boring. There should be some cool story/tactics/strategies to beating the quests. As I previously stated, the Cyber Quests were hella' fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

M da unluckiest Mage on da whole Alterra's world :'(
    Lady Viviane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Don't say that vivian, ur the master of a great guild :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    FIREBOYEDDY

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eddison Sukansingh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness View Post
    Doubt me? Name one person in game who is rich and hasn't spent insane amount of money on platinum.

Ts
    Tommypimp. That's just one I know that I have spoke personally to. I'm sure there are others like the ones mentioned above.

~Xvanitykingx

Ps. I'm just putting this out there, lol. Don't reply
    Last edited by Xvanitykingx; 07-23-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Interested in joining <The Community Guild>?
    Click here!
    (Site still under construction)

Senior Member Fallen_Chisk_Angels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

i've gotten 11mil without spending on plat. It took me a couple months and i was actually playing alot so if you cant afford the plat then you're gunna have to farm like crazy and have to be insanely patient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddison Sukansingh View Post
    Don't say that vivian, ur the master of a great guild :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    That's true tyvm but I meant m not tat lucky on loot drop
    Lady Viviane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Which is why we need it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Tron, there is a huge gold inflation in the PL economy. One set is worth way too much in my perspective, at the moment. Farming that much gold in the duration of one quest is realistically impossible.

I believe that the quests should be hard, but NOT repetitive and boring. There should be some cool story/tactics/strategies to beating the quests. As I previously stated, the Cyber Quests were hella' fun!
    Wass not the cyber quest just killing a lot of bosses over and over again? xD
    This idea is pretty great though, I haven't seen an MMO yet that can make quests non repetitive "fetch" style quests though. Hell, even skyrim is filled with quests like that, although there's a lot of fun killing in between.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Lol, this is sts first game and the cyber set was at early days.. I'm sure they have more experience with this stuff and come up with something.. Skyrim is totally different, it's a console game and is just... Different ..
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Lol, this is sts first game and the cyber set was at early days.. I'm sure they have more experience with this stuff and come up with something.. Skyrim is totally different, it's a console game and is just... Different ..
    I wasn't contrasting them, I was comparing how it will be hard because even the major console games haven't found a way to make quests non repetitive..
    And I was also just confused at how ghost said cyber quests were not repetitive although they seemingly are...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loliamsocool View Post
    I wasn't contrasting them, I was comparing how it will be hard because even the major console games haven't found a way to make quests non repetitive..
    And I was also just confused at how ghost said cyber quests were not repetitive although they seemingly are...
    I thought he said they should be hard but NOT repetitive not they aren't repetitive. Didn't he want the change as-well himself to not make them repetitive?
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I thought he said they should be hard but NOT repetitive not they aren't repetitive. Didn't he want the change as-well himself to not make them repetitive?
    That's what I would strive for. Obviously PL has a huge limitation as to what it can do because it's merely a mobile MMO with some of the basic capabilities and MMO can contain. However, a little creativity can go a long way!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

No, no, no. He said he liked the cyber quests because they were "fun" and not repetitive or something of the sort and my comment was that it actually IS a pretty repetitive task.

@xghostzx, the idea is great, the problem is implementing non repetitive quests such as "go kill 50 rats" or "go get the assassin's stick of doom from swift". AND NO, this is not a jab at STS, what I meant was not even huge console gaming companies can pull it off. However a solution would be to revamp the story line of the game. Hell, they should make it so that certain townes are not accessible on the map until you've completed a story line. First, it would give people a goal to achieve through their quests, and second, it would force people to actually do quests instead of ignoring them.

Honestly, I think the story line in PL really sucks. To compare how it could be done would be another Mobile MMO, Celtic Heroes. I played that for a few months before starting PL, and the quests were repetitive but the story was immersive. I got bored of the game though, by no fault of the quest line though xD. In fact, I do believe the plotting of that storyline was much better than even skyrim's main or side quests. (I keep on going back to skyrim because it is by far one of my favorite games, if that is not evident )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

No, no, no. He said he liked the cyber quests because they were "fun" and not repetitive or something of the sort and my comment was that it actually IS a pretty repetitive task.

@xghostzx, the idea is great, the problem is implementing non repetitive quests such as "go kill 50 rats" or "go get the assassin's stick of doom from swift". AND NO, this is not a jab at STS, what I meant was not even huge console gaming companies can pull it off. However a solution would be to revamp the story line of the game. Hell, they should make it so that certain townes are not accessible on the map until you've completed a story line. First, it would give people a goal to achieve through their quests, and second, it would force people to actually do quests instead of ignoring them.

Honestly, I think the story line in PL really sucks. To compare how it could be done would be another Mobile MMO, Celtic Heroes. I played that for a few months before starting PL, and the quests were repetitive but the story was immersive. I got bored of the game though, by no fault of the quest line though xD. In fact, I do believe the plotting of that storyline was much better than even skyrim's main or side quests. (I keep on going back to skyrim because it is by far one of my favorite games, if that is not evident )
    I appreciate what you're saying, but you are missing my point. I understand that it's hard for any gaming console to pull off, and even more so in STS' position with mobile devices. Like I said, with some creativity, things can get better to a certain extent.

I would like a better storyline, but that seems extremely unlikely at this point in PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Theres kinda basically no story line except the intros on the map info and quests. But quests are for something out of boredom and they do however reward some good items and quick gold. Of course games that have storylines would be better off on console games. mobile games such as pl are just for something if ur bored and u need something to play at the moment. however as console games, those games are for long play terms. PL is designed to play with other players at almost everything u do on the game, the game wasnt built on 100% storyline. thats what pl is right? an mmorpg

Anyways, i feel ya ghost :3, Having to spent countless hours and plat trying to farm based on luck yet another person would loot a good drop on their first try. so having quest with rare items would have a same chance for everyone, not just a person who would spend irl money on plat or some lucky or unlucky person
    Last edited by Swords; 07-27-2013 at 09:01 PM.