Thread: Suggestions Page for New Rewards,Weapons,Armor,Pets,Allies/Ally Rewards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Suggestions Page for New Rewards,Weapons,Armor,Pets,Allies/Ally Rewards

NOTE:I do not work for Spacetime Studios.
    This is a page for maybe a compilation of your Suggestions.
    I hope that Samhayne or some other Spacetime Studios members read your suggestions so that maybe they have new ideas for the next update.

I also look forward to reading your ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

How about a legendary sword & shield set that has a taunt proc? Like a fairly high chance to taunt the target you are currently whacking at. That would be way more useful than ice armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Dang Mike, you are full of winning ideas, I think sts should recruit you to work on this or their next project.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to grunt226 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Try to make the game feel more alive by doing the following:

• can't travel through the world map, only through the teleporters in each map (may need to put an exit dungeon or teleporter at the end of the dungeons)

• make it so you cannot buy elixirs, potions, etc. Otherwise, why even have the vendors in town? If you buy potions out of town the price may be higher or the in town vendor prices may be cheaper.

• Instead of selling gear through your inventory anywhere, make vendors in towns that will buy your gear for a HIGHER price, and the current values for selling items is only for when you vendor them not at a human vendor.

Also, the following suggestions:
    • Tanking pets with +10-20% threat increased to allow for more diverse tanking specs. This may also allow tougher bosses because tanks can take Juggernaut, Rally cry without fear of losing threat to easily.
    • Enemies have a 25% chance to flee away from their attacks once they go below 25% health. This could make it more interesting in elite dungeons when really don't want to pull that extra group in the distance.
    • Boss spawns only when the dungeon is 75%+ cleared
    • Mini-boss packs of 3-4 characters that have different mixes of NPCs that have health/damage somewhere between normal mob and boss or where they are like an elite mob mixed into a regular dungeon. They spawn randomly in any dungeon, maybe when you open chests or check a dead end corridor. They could drop items similar to a boss (because there are 3-4 mobs) once the last one is killed. Random NPC type from melee, archer, caster, healer.
    • Make gear slightly more random. Currently an elite armor piece for example has 5+ item level of dex/int/str, + 2nd stat is around iLevel/2, + a fixed ratio of Level*X = crit/dodge/damage. make it so random 5-7+ dex/int/str, 2nd stat may be iLvl / 2 +1-3, and so on.
    • Passive skills that do things like
      • +/- threat
      • chance on hit / chance on crit to get damage boost, stat boost, mana regen, attack speed, armor, dodge, magic shield

• PROFESSIONS
      • blacksmithing/leatherworking/tailoring or maybe just Crafting - to allow you to harvest items for parts to be used to craft gear. New opportunity for Platinum sells to sell some recipes or upgrade to higher tiers of Crafting. Also, harvesting items will possibly help keep the market from bottoming out and items that were once 500k, are now 50k, or 50k items are now 300 gold.
      • Alchemy - make potions / elixirs. find plants in different maps (make visible the way your loot is only visible to you). Random spawning of plants types in different zones. Purchase potion bottles for gold, elixir bottles for small amounts of platinum 1-2 platinum. elixirs last 15m.

• With the above suggestion in the first section, make it so that you can carry elixirs in your inventory page, so that you can craft elixirs in town or buy from your guild hall, then use when needed in the heat of battle.
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 01-07-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grunt226 View Post
    Dang Mike, you are full of winning ideas, I think sts should recruit you to work on this or their next project.
    Thanks. Man, wouldn't that be the life... Getting paid just to sit around playing a game and coming up with ideas for it, lol!

I won't hold my breath on that one, haha!

I studied a little programming in the past, before I changed my major. Once my kids are a little older and I have more time, I want to continue learning to program on the side. I've been dreaming up my own MMO since '97/'98 when I was first introduced to the idea with Ultima Online. I would love to be able to put together a nice little project that could get me in the door of a company like STS. Maybe some day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    Try to make the game feel more alive by doing the following:

• can't travel through the world map, only through the teleporters in each map (may need to put an exit dungeon or teleporter at the end of the dungeons)

• make it so you cannot buy elixirs, potions, etc. Otherwise, why even have the vendors in town? If you buy potions out of town the price may be higher or the in town vendor prices may be cheaper.

• Instead of selling gear through your inventory anywhere, make vendors in towns that will buy your gear for a HIGHER price, and the current values for selling items is only for when you vendor them not at a human vendor.

Also, the following suggestions:
    [LIST][*]Tanking pets with +10-20% threat increased to allow for more diverse tanking specs. This may also allow tougher bosses because tanks can take Juggernaut, Rally cry without fear of losing threat to easily.[*]Enemies have a 25% chance to flee away from their attacks once they go below 25% health. This could make it more interesting in elite dungeons when really don't want to pull that extra group in the distance.[*]Boss spawns only when the dungeon is 75%+ cleared[*]Mini-boss packs of 3-4 characters that have different mixes of NPCs that have health/damage somewhere between normal mob and boss or where they are like an elite mob mixed into a regular dungeon. They spawn randomly in any dungeon, maybe when you open chests or check a dead end corridor. They could drop items similar to a boss (because there are 3-4 mobs) once the last one is killed. Random NPC type from melee, archer, caster, healer.[*]Make gear slightly more random. Currently an elite armor piece for example has 5+ item level of dex/int/str, + 2nd stat is around iLevel/2, + a fixed ratio of Level*X = crit/dodge/damage. make it so random 5-7+ dex/int/str, 2nd stat may be iLvl / 2 +1-3, and so on.[*]Passive skills that do things like
    • +/- threat
    • chance on hit / chance on crit to get damage boost, stat boost, mana regen, attack speed, armor, dodge, magic shield
    I support all of these suggestions. Making towns more meaningful is always good for MMOs.

I'm not so sure about crafting yet, though. I've been pondering if that would really be a good addition to this game or not. I'm not saying it's a bad idea or it wouldn't work, or anything like that. I'm just on the fence about it. Does Pocket Legends have crafting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

thanks Mike.

my thought on crafting is it would give u something to do when you are maxed between expansions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Yeah, I'm a big fan of crafting in general. I've just seen so many systems that fail to do anything more than be a side game that becomes pointless once you earn all the crafting achievements, though, so I always hesitate to say that it should be implemented into a game that wasn't developed around crafting to beging with.

Crafting can be hit or miss in any game, really. It depends on the players' expectations, of course. If people only expect it to be a diversion, rather than part of the end game, then it could do quite well. If it's meant to be integrated into the end game, though, it can be pretty tricky to get right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

yep, i think crafting gear in PL was a miss (personal opinion), just because it was confusing. some sort of harvesting items i do think would be a benefit for the game and for the economy and to give another option for what to do with all the loot. I like the idea of if you smash a green you get 1-2 green craftables, same with purple, and pinks you get 1. If they make the cost per item pretty high (materials), and make some crafted items worth while, then it could be an item/money sink and could help thin out the overload of items in the CS and in people's banks (because it's just not worth selling that lvl 14 pink for 250g right now).

I have always loved potion making in games and collecting herbs. some may just sell herbs, others may use them to craft. But by making your elixir for the same or slightly less Plat is a fun way to use Elixirs, vs. just buying them from a button that won't go away on the screen (i am terribly afraid that my daughter will open that menu and just use up all my Plat, she is 14 months old).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

very good suggestions. keep them coming guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Also, Mike, maybe instead of crafting gear (because there would be need for constant updates to this with each patch they could put in the following 2 professions that once in would not need to be updated as often

Gear Enhancements: uses the harvested green/purple/pink material from items to enhance your gear
    • green enhancements would be +2 Dex/Int/Str or +4 mana/health regen
    • purple enhancements would be +4 Dex/Int/Str or +0.5% dodge/crit or +6 mana/health regen
    • Pink enhancements would be +6 Dex/Int/Str or +0.75% dodge/crit or +/-5% threat or +8 mana/health regen

Alchemist
    • green would be 1x health/mana potions
    • purple would be 5x health/mana potions or 1x 15m elixir
    • pink would be 15x health/mana potions or 1x 30m elixir

Maybe you would have to choose between a Enhancer or an Alchemist, but you can't be both (further uniqueness to each character). Any gear that you have enhance that you put in the CS have the enhancement removed. There may be a 1x plat cost for a special material that needs to be used to make each purple/pink enhancement/elixir. This would allow a revenue stream for STS and go with my initial suggestion of removing the ability to purchase potions/elixirs/gear except from merchants in towns.

On that last note, there should be Pet vendors throughout the world that sell different pets, so that you actually need to play into the game to get to the vendor to buy your Malison, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Those are pretty cool ideas, actually. I don't think limiting charactes to one or the other would be good, though, because then everyone would just take enhancer to have the best stats all the time. Sure, the alchemist makes elixirs, but you have to keep making them to maintain their effects. Gear enhancements only need to be applied when you get an upgraded item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

true, i personally would love to do both, was just thinking while typing =)

Plus some other type of Elite currency for completing elite dungeons. use to purchase elite gear to help with those with poor luck. This wouldn't be a boss drop, but a dungeon clearing drop. I'd rather do 20 clears of an elite dungeon and guarantee the chest i want than wait for lady luck. prices could be 50-weapon, 20 helm/chest, 15 ring/amulet, Then it would still take significant work to gear up, but it helps give hope to people that don't seem to have good luck.
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 01-08-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Yah, that could be pretty cool. Get an elite dungeon coin each time you finish one, save them up, and then spend them on the currently available chests?

A vendor in Kraag could sell them:
    10 coins - Elite Copper Chest II
    15 coins - Elite Silver Chest II
    20 coins - Elite Golden Chest II

15 coins - Elite Banded Copper Chest
    20 coins - Elite Banded Silver Chest
    25 coins - Elite Banded Golden Chest

The prices are debatable, of course. In sitting here thinking about the prices, I keep going back and forth thinking "that's too high", "that's too low", lol. That would be something for the devs to figure out, since they know the drop rates and can base the prices to roughly match.

And, naturally, the types of chests you can buy with the elite dungeon coins are updated with the game to stay current.

Another idea could be a chest-drop buff. Like when you clear an elite dungeon, you get a buff that increases your chance to get a chest from an elite dungeon boss by 1%. The buff increases by 1% each time you clear an elite dungeon. This buff wouldn't have any timer on it, so you don't have to worry about it running out. When an elite chest drops, the buff is removed. This way, your odds of getting a chest increase with each run until you get one, then you start over. Essentially a system to help with really unlucky streaks. (also, this buff would not count as an elixir, so players wouldn't have to manually remove it if working on leader board times.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i was just thinking buying loot. I played warcraft too and you got points for completing dungeons/raids which could then be spend on gear. but each week there was a limit to the # of points you could get. So to help STS they could cap the elite coins earned per week and that allows them to also drop the cost / item. If they did coins for chests then i would say NO cap since chests are a crap chute anyway. Naturally the coins would have I, II, III etc like the chests will, that way you couldn't stock up on elite coins in one expansion to go out and buy a million chests/items in the next one.

fun idea for the chest drop buff.

also, i think it's just me and you Mike dreaming up ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Yeah, I played WoW, so know exactly what you're talking about. Hopefully it would be much better than the hauntlet coin/story token gear they had back before the expansion, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    also, i think it's just me and you Mike dreaming up ideas
    Well, I see you're in Katy. I'm in Houston, myself. STS is in Austin, so maybe it's a Texas thing! Haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

ya, i know wow is a bad word around these parts, but a lot of what they did worked, so how can you harness that but still make it new and work for AL. that is how i think a lot of times.