Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Should i hang my gloves?

Flaws

1. too many farmers=too many items farmed
    2.too many items farmed=cheap items
    3.cheap items=less time to gear up
    4.less time to gear up=best gears in no time
    5.best gears in a week=waiting for i dont know what im waiting maybe ill just stop playing and sell my best gears for profit and wait for prices to drop and then gear up and then what now?

PVP? just like the lower haunlet..its a rumor (just kidding!)

another level cap?nah..1-2 days of grinding wont solve anything

we want to hear from you devs

make at least one official statement fo whats coming in the future with dates so we will have something to make us excited

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

For your first "flaw point", I understand it as you seeing the high number of players farming for drops as a bad thing. How is the player count a flaw? Are you hoping for a fewer number of players who should be able to farm for elite items and be the sole source of these so that the flow of the items on the market would somehow be controlled and limited?

I believe that you are longing for something that would challenge you more, like hardcore raids and series of dungeon runs that would need the best strategy and teamwork to complete even after acquiring the best gears in store for you. Do understand that the game is still under its early stages and that everything would fall into pieces properly if given the right amount of time. The promised phase of update is within the range of 1-3 months, which definitely is a short time compared to some of the previous titles in which would really equate to the fast decline and unstable prices of elite items.

As for the 1-2 days cap grinding, it lies within your hands. If you want to prolong your grinding time and reach the elite cap within a week or a month, I suggest you limit the exp you would have to attain in order to fit your desired schedule.

Since the recent update has only been around for 2-3 weeks, I really don't see the point for the devs to make another announcement of the upcoming expansion, but then it's just me.

P.S. : Quitting on a game that has been around for not more than 5 months seems funny, I suggest you cool down for a while and try breaking the cycle of your usual playing style.
    Last edited by Limsi; 01-07-2013 at 10:22 AM.
    duck dynasty falls

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Lower hauntlet, it exist??? it has achivement.
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Uhm... I don't know that I agree with anything you mentioned.

1. This is not the case
    2. This is not the case. THe best gear in the game is still pushing over 500k for a set. In some cases well over 1m.
    3. See 2.
    4. See 2.
    5. Uhmmm maybe do like the others you are complaining about and farm? That's one option.

Cap? How many toons do you have? If you only grinded one or two days to cap multiple toons... hats off to you. But I hope the devs don't cater to the super hardcore. Else the mass majority will lose interest.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

If u got an elite pink, obviously you would equip or sell, and not give it away to L10s. So now - what point are you tryin to make?
    Credits to Iady

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

It's pretty impossible to control the market with this kind of player base. I've only seen this done once in my time with StS. And in the end they admitted to putting in 100s/1000s of their own money. (SL)

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    P.S. : Quitting on a game that has been around for not more than 5 months seems funny
    Full release, was the 13th November.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ive got three lvl 21s two warriors fully geared with PSP..and one rogue fully geared with ALP plus enuf gold..i know i am wrong with all the flaws i have mentioned but for me that was all the observation ive made so far.. I also know devs are doing the best theyve got..my hats off for giving us the best mmo for handheld device..its just that i am bored
    Last edited by spiderpig; 01-07-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Im a demonlord guy but my point with fully geared is not the demonlords..im wrong tho saying 200k-300k..its more on the 450-600..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

@limsyoker theres nothing good on tv.. im waiting for champions league and world cup qualifiers..nothing to cool me down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how's it there's less time to gear up? my problem is the drop rate/way in the game..elite gold chests are very rare, good pink drops are even extremely rare..i just find myself wasting time, looking for good drops from chests..you can't even sell them anymore, it's pointles..they go for as low as 35k.

But....You're right. Even if i got the best armor, weapon, gear or set up or whatsoever.. There's nothing to look forward to in the game..Then it would be even more boring, i guess that's the case for you..So I'm guessing pvp will be the only possible way resolve this for a lot of players..I'm just waiting for the pvp, before I decide to quit the game.
    Last edited by Rasittt; 01-07-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rasittt View Post
    how's it there's less time to gear up? my problem is the drop rate/way in the game..elite gold chests are very rare, good pink drops are even extremely rare..i just find myself wasting time, looking for good drops from chests..you can't even sell them anymore, it's pointles..they go for as low as 35k.

But....You're right. Even if i got the best armor, weapon, gear or set up or whatsoever.. There's nothing to look forward to in the game..Then it would be even more boring, i guess that's the case for you..So I'm guessing pvp will be the only possible way resolve this for a lot of players..I'm just waiting for the pvp, before I decide to quit the game.
    Just quit... Don't forget to give me your gears...
    IGN : Wolegecao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The problem is, that the only thing to do is farm. If you are lucky enough to know some good people then you could go for lb. But if you are casual and can't find a good guild, then all there really is to do is farm gear... but prices have dropped so dramatically that it's not even worth it in most cases and frustrating to try and make a decent profit.

Now if sts made the maps a little different, so that all maps had a some what similar time frame to get to bosses, then I think that would make the over all experience more dynamic. But if you want to farm... heck, if you want to play any elites then the only choices you have is village and towers, unless you form a group of people who want to enjoy the content and aren't concerned about the time/chest ratio which is maybe a small percentage of the player base... people's mentality is why waste time over there when you can clear a boss at village in 1 minute or towers in 4. Sts needs to re evaluate their loot distribution system as well, give elite bosses a higher chance at dropping legendaries and possible assigning specific items to specific bosses... this will give a specific goal for a specific purpose. Want to farm alp, farm this boss, want psp, farm that boss... but as it stands, all you farm is the same 2 bosses over and over for chests that may drop something you need but most likely will drop worthless junk.

I really hope they re evaluate the overall loot system in coming patches, otherwise this game will get stale insanely quick. It's a shame too, because it has so much potential, but as it stands, we seem to be locked into a cycle that only allows us to really experience a small percentage of the game. Most mmos don't even start until end game... this one has almost completely ended. I'm trying to stay motivated to play, but it's disheartening every time I zone in to any elite map besides tower/village and not another single person comes for 5 minutes or when I ask in town for people interested in alternative maps and the only responses I get are "it's a waste of time" or "why go there when you can do village for easy loot" .

I'm not writing this game off yet, because it is new, but there are some fundamental features that need to be changed, else all this game will offer is a level grind and then the boring repetition of a couple maps that can be done blind folded in a few minutes.
    Last edited by grunt226; 01-07-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N00B View Post
    Just quit... Don't forget to give me your gears...
    don't worry i'll get you a snaggletooth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

since a rouge can be dominate and this isn't the way a mmo should be 'i had already hung my gloves. done and done.
    anyways order and chaos rules, they always updating and on theyre grind.
    Last edited by digitalbot; 01-07-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: before the anger as in dominate we all would presume aggro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Yes you should. Remember, it's winter. Outside = freezing! So, hang on your gloves, ATM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

There really is only one question you should be asking yourself: Do I have fun playing this game? If the answer is no, then yea, you probably should. Or you can always take a break.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ProSophist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalbot View Post
    since a rouge can be dominate and this isn't the way a mmo should be 'i had already hung my gloves. done and done.
    anyways order and chaos rules, they always updating and on theyre grind.
    OaC is so boring for me. sts pvp is really fun, while its not fun at all to lvl in OaC, waste of $7 IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

OnC is no place for Droid users they treat us like crap.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Why not give out all your millions in one GRAND CONTEST. That will be fun! Once its over, your thirst for gold will return and you will farm again like you were before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grunt226 View Post
    Now if sts made the maps a little different, so that all maps had a some what similar time frame to get to bosses, then I think that would make the over all experience more dynamic. But if you want to farm... heck, if you want to play any elites then the only choices you have is village and towers,
    Meh... I have a totally different experience than you. I general join pugs in elite and they always fill up. Of course, people leave half way through. But they do that in Tower anyway.

But I would definitely try to find a good guild or make some good friends. I'm always open to new friends and would be happy to run with new people. And I will keep running if you are good

Find me ig Rare/Common

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)