Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large No. of Chests = Large No. of Pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

its totally random and if you think about it, the items inside shouldnt change. i would think that the devs/mods make 5mil+ chests toghether putting random items in random chests, just like skittles. (the skittles term was stolen from a thread in sl drops from mobs) the higher the chest value, the higher the chances of dropping a good item. if you reach into a skittles bag, and they put less green than red because more people like green than red, they buy more than one bag so they can get more green skittles. if you open a chest, and you get what you want, its a green skittle. if its garbage, its a red skittle. thats why more chests drop before a new update, because they need to get rid of as much of the skittles as possible. hope this wasnt too hard to read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

My practice has been to collect elite chests but once I got a golden chest, I stop farming and open. And the cycle repeats. But the contents do change, I farmed normal village hoping to get Esteban but I got lots of normal golden and silver chests. I traded these with my other toon (a level 10 rogue) and it got lvl 10 pink items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So ya he chest thing. chests seem to work like slot machines and the skittle explanation above. wat you get is randon but there is a certain number of kinds of pinks. blues. greans. and commons at each lvl in the game so there is a precent chance that you can get any one item at any time. so I'm guess that it is true that if you open like 8 silver shest at once instead of one at a time you would be more likely to get a pink item. t. its not very in depth but its wat i think and wat i do and it works out great for me. About the rumor about waiting to open chest and opening right away...it doesnt matter its radom. And they arent pre loaded with the loot the moment it drops i think. anything is possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicoB View Post
    So ya he chest thing. chests seem to work like slot machines and the skittle explanation above. wat you get is randon but there is a certain number of kinds of pinks. blues. greans. and commons at each lvl in the game so there is a precent chance that you can get any one item at any time. so I'm guess that it is true that if you open like 8 silver shest at once instead of one at a time you would be more likely to get a pink item. t. its not very in depth but its wat i think and wat i do and it works out great for me. About the rumor about waiting to open chest and opening right away...it doesnt matter its radom. And they arent pre loaded with the loot the moment it drops i think. anything is possible
    exactly. it just seems like you get more pinks because you open 7 at one time rather than opening one at a time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

rumor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I heard if you Go Left Left Left Right Left Up Down Left Left then you give me all the items you have in your invintory and all your gold, you will get nothing but pinks over and over again... it works...trust me :P

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

i just dropped 3m gold on chests and it did give me a few significant pinks for a while.now, im down to my last 200k.dont ask me what happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

All claims above are false especially about opening the chests before sleeping. It's the opposite. Open the chest the moment you wake up and DO NOT WEAR PAJAMAS! Pajamas give -50% chance of bad luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Its random and lucked based same days you might get a lot others you might not get anything for awhile , which lately haven't had any luck .
    Pl Cheoragire warrior 50+
    Sl Anadrarin operative 30 former gm
    Dl Asahetek 31
    Al Asahatek rogue 31 officer vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I opened 24 silver chests and 19 golden chests together and got 4 pinks which were worth 2k in total T_T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I'm sitting on a ton of them, waiting for the new level cap, hopefully I'll get 1 good pink out of the almost 200 I have :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    I'm sitting on a ton of them, waiting for the new level cap, hopefully I'll get 1 good pink out of the almost 200 I have :P
    Now this interests me. Did this work out the same way last time they increases the level cap? i.e. Did the items in the (old) chests scale to your higher level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozedong View Post
    Now this interests me. Did this work out the same way last time they increases the level cap? i.e. Did the items in the (old) chests scale to your higher level?
    If you open a Elite Gold Chest (not banded) does it scale to your level? If you get a chest (elite, normal, banded or not) at level 20 and open it at 21 does it scale? The chests are just a chest, there's nothing in them. When you open it is when the 3 random rolls get made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Agreed. Each chest does not contain a predetermined item. Rather, it containts a chance to roll for an item that's on a drop list table. For a chest to have predetermined items inside, every single chest must be "serial numbered" so devs can actually link a specific chest to a specific item. Then each of these chest must be consciously added to each boss, so that a boss will not drop a wrong pink. Too much work, too complicated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So what you are saying is that the current elite banded chests will give out lvl 25-26 demon gear (if you keep them untill then)?
    Last edited by Chaozedong; 02-10-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: typos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default Large No. of Chests = Large No. of Pinks

I heard if you eat cubed cheese on a silver platter with a sombrero on your head dancing the cucaracha song and open a copper chest, you'll get 3 pinks!!
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili