Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Default anyone refer me a good tanking build

I need help...
    I always stunk at learnin the skills an stats blah blah
    Everytime i see u guys talkin about im just like...ummm ye
    Ive always been better in merchin stuffs.
    Im currently l18 tryin to go for 21 asap.
    Every group i join in w4 idk if its me or the other people because i waste lots of pots and idk doesnt feel right.
    Can anyone refer me to a good tankin build which shows which stats to add in and which skills an passives id really appreciate it froms omeone who knows how to work the warrior, im limited on plat so i hate tryin to mess around with it cause id waste alot
    Id appreciate it, i need help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Travel back in time to the 16 cap when warrior tanking was possible

Seriously though, try the warrior class discussion, go all or mostly Str, get the taunt skills and hope STS makes it so we need tanks again.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

warrior class discussion is your friend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Get a new email and make a rouge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

For base stats, add most (if not all) of your stats to strength and a little to dexterity if you really want to. With the build I am going to write up here, mana really won't be a problem.

Note: This is a level 21 build.

So skills. I personally use skyward smash, windmill, vengeance, and horn or renew. For skyward smash, I used all the skills except quaking earth (4/5). In fact now that I think about it, you could use that skill in place of effortless execution. You'll see why once I explain the build more.

For windmill, skills are updated to 4/5, all used except the last one, cripple.

Now vengeance is a wonderful skill for warriors; it regenerates mana at a fast rate so by the time the skill has cooled down, just use it again and your mana should be full within a few seconds. This skill is at 5/5.

My horn of renew is at 2/5 using only the increased duration skill. This is basically a health regeneration buff for you and your party.

And passives, the rest of your skill points can go into strength.

This build was given to me by my brother who I think got from Judgement so this by all means was not created by me but works well for me. Potions shouldn't really be a factor with this build until you start playing in Watchers' Tomb 4, Kraag Tombs 4, or any elite run, at least it wasn't for me.

For pets, I like to switch out between Ribbit, Cerella, Koko, and Wrathjaw. I suppose Loki, Kettle, and Malison would also work, I just don't own them yet. Not sure if any others work well with this build.

As for gear, I would suggest gear with a high amount of strength. For weapons, I'm currently around 110 dps using a regular sword (no shield). Rings and amulents: once again I like to go for high strength, and if you can find one, maybe even high strength and some armor. Now I'm not totally sure on how much gold you have so I'll leave it up to you as to what gear you get.

Hope this helps and good luck with your build
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jcyee:922639
    For base stats, add most (if not all) of your stats to strength and a little to dexterity if you really want to. With the build I am going to write up here, mana really won't be a problem.

Note: This is a level 21 build.

So skills. I personally use skyward smash, windmill, vengeance, and horn or renew. For skyward smash, I used all the skills except quaking earth (4/5). In fact now that I think about it, you could use that skill in place of effortless execution. You'll see why once I explain the build more.

For windmill, skills are updated to 4/5, all used except the last one, cripple.

Now vengeance is a wonderful skill for warriors; it regenerates mana at a fast rate so by the time the skill has cooled down, just use it again and your mana should be full within a few seconds. This skill is at 5/5.

My horn of renew is at 2/5 using only the increased duration skill. This is basically a health regeneration buff for you and your party.

And passives, the rest of your skill points can go into strength.

This build was given to me by my brother who I think got from Judgement so this by all means was not created by me but works well for me. Potions shouldn't really be a factor with this build until you start playing in Watchers' Tomb 4, Kraag Tombs 4, or any elite run, at least it wasn't for me.

For pets, I like to switch out between Ribbit, Cerella, Koko, and Wrathjaw. I suppose Loki, Kettle, and Malison would also work, I just don't own them yet. Not sure if any others work well with this build.

As for gear, I would suggest gear with a high amount of strength. For weapons, I'm currently around 110 dps using a regular sword (no shield). Rings and amulents: once again I like to go for high strength, and if you can find one, maybe even high strength and some armor. Now I'm not totally sure on how much gold you have so I'll leave it up to you as to what gear you get.

Hope this helps and good luck with your build
    The exact reply i was lookin for, i will give it a go a test it out thx u

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

That's not a tank build... That's a damage build. Only one of those skills has a taunt, the staple ability of a tank.

If you want a real tank build, Ugg's Tank Build in the warrior forum has over 90 comments discussing tank skills and mechanics.

And dear God... don't use dex as a warrior... the mathematical reasons for why it's a dumb thing to do have been outlined.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Agree. I use a similar build (all strength though) and it is a damage build. I am using damage and crit passives and a speed passive I am not so sure on ( doesn't seem to do much even maxed out)

I use same 4 skills, but horn and vengance I only have one skill point on. I still end up using pots from time to time but the smaller casting radius for horn encourages the party to stand closer, and discourages people standing way back . Vengence refills my 500 mana just fine and reactivates before I can use it up.

Hit points and armor, dodge is a tank build and taunt skills. You wont have great damage but you can take a good bit of pounding. I still think your going to have to pot though. My horn of renew don't really help much on elite, I can't imagine it would change that much by giving up damage to armor or dodge

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I have 22% dodge... trust me... I don't need to pot often..