Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inspect players gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Inspect players gear.

Will we ever be able to check players gear out? I wish this was in the game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

yes +1

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CosmoxKramer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Inspect players gear.

Ikr I second this!
    Credits to Iady

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

seeing other peoples stats is enough as it is and i think should be disabled come pvp. why would you want to see every little detail about a player? planning on copying their build or something? the only reason i bought vanity is for this, to at least keep my armor private. if you want to, suggest an option where you can flaunt out all your equips for everyone to see, but don't make it mandatory for everyone.
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to parnasofication For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by parnasofication View Post
    seeing other peoples stats is enough as it is and i think should be disabled come pvp. why would you want to see every little detail about a player? planning on copying their build or something? the only reason i bought vanity is for this, to at least keep my armor private. if you want to, suggest an option where you can flaunt out all your equips for everyone to see, but don't make it mandatory for everyone.
    Seeing as you can do this in pretty much EVERY mmo ever, why would it hurt this one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

REALLY? EVERY mmo ever (you really needed to all-caps that ever? REALLY??) why would it hurt? WHY WOULD IT BENEFIT? What the heck are those vanities for? You can already see the armor and weapon of a player by default. If you know how to do math, you can also check if its either 20 or 21. The only thing that are hidden right now are the accessories. Can't we even keep that private? Do you REALLY need to know everything? Will you be also asking to be able to check others skill build next? How bout our total gold? Would you like to check it as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

I actually agree with parnaso. Besides if you now someone well enough they will tell u.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

I'd never want players to be able to inspect my whole gear build.

Hence the other point of wearing Vanity, only for Helm/Armour but that's enough knowing Ring/Pendant isn't showing either.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by parnasofication View Post
    REALLY? EVERY mmo ever (you really needed to all-caps that ever? REALLY??) why would it hurt? WHY WOULD IT BENEFIT? What the heck are those vanities for? You can already see the armor and weapon of a player by default. If you know how to do math, you can also check if its either 20 or 21. The only thing that are hidden right now are the accessories. Can't we even keep that private? Do you REALLY need to know everything? Will you be also asking to be able to check others skill build next? How bout our total gold? Would you like to check it as well?
    I'm an open book.

My gear stinks, my skills probably don't make much sense and I'm broke.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I just don't see why people would care about players seeing your build. What is the harm in them knowing what you are wearing? My goodness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dermato View Post
    I just don't see why people would care about players seeing your build. What is the harm in them knowing what you are wearing? My goodness.
    There are people with very personal PvP build that would rather they were secret.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    There are people with very personal PvP build that would rather they were secret.
    Hmm really didn't think about the pvp perspective but hmm. Youre right I would never want someone know my pvp build. Pve doesn't really matter.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

In ffxi when people would check me id change gear to close their window
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

why does it matter if they see your gear? are you ashamed? if they message you, you can ignore or block them. If helping people with gear questions makes the game community better then i'm glad to share. They aren't inspecting your talents, that seems more private than gear. especially since there are basically 2 different types of gear per slot, dodge/+armor for helm/armor. Maybe keep rings private if you want, but really who cares. 9/10 you don't know someone is inspecting you anyways.

plus they put in the ability to gear swap, so when you are just standing in town, swap to a joke set of gear that no one will ask you about or you Nude set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    why does it matter if they see your gear? are you ashamed? if they message you, you can ignore or block them. If helping people with gear questions makes the game community better then i'm glad to share. They aren't inspecting your talents, that seems more private than gear. especially since there are basically 2 different types of gear per slot, dodge/+armor for helm/armor. Maybe keep rings private if you want, but really who cares. 9/10 you don't know someone is inspecting you anyways.

plus they put in the ability to gear swap, so when you are just standing in town, swap to a joke set of gear that no one will ask you about or you Nude set
    Exactly!

If they want to know your gear they can ask. I only tell my guildies and close friends I want to keep it that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Some of us do tons of testing and experimentation in order to figure out what kind of gear and build we want. I don't think it's fair that just anyone can see what we have chosen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Some of us do tons of testing and experimentation in order to figure out what kind of gear and build we want. I don't think it's fair that just anyone can see what we have chosen.
    Right. And when enough people do it and find out which gear set is the best for PvP. Then cookie cutter builds will be what everyone has. So in the end it just doesn't matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Right. And when enough people do it and find out which gear set is the best for PvP. Then cookie cutter builds will be what everyone has. So in the end it just doesn't matter.
    What's your catch? Seriously. You want to see all the other players equipment, down to their accessories. What the #$^# for? You keep on pushin for it like its your right. Do you pay for our accounts? Do you supply our gold for pots and equipment? What we wear and who knows what we wear is our @#%^$@# right, so if you want to show yours, shout it in chat or show it in trade if that's what will make you smile at the end of the day, DO IT YOURSELF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

You make no logical sence. If you can see top players equipment your one more step closer to cookie cutter than if you couldn't.......... I don't see your point.

Lady_Pebbles

Listen people, you can have the best gear in your class and still be a crappy PvPer. Its not the gear amd stats that matter, its how you use them.

Stop worrying about players checking out your gear & stats. If you can't handle a challenge from another player with the same build (stats & gear as yourself), then you should practice more or find another match for you to fight in.

Im tired of people acting like "omgz i bestezt!!!" just because of their gear & stats, or even because of their KDR. What makes a player GREAT or hell even GOOD to begin with is how they use their toons. What they have equipped merely compliments how a player shows their skills through strategies. Also, just because someone has a high KDR, doesn't always mean they're a great team player. Could just mean they are all about the LB & don't give a crap about anyone in their teams except for themselves.

THOSE are the reasons why I believe inspecting gear on another player isn't really a big deal.