Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Locked Grand Watch Crate - Unique Legendary Loot Unlocked for Platinum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Won't take a chance of wasting 15 plat to get a lv 2 stuff though. I hope sts will give some feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Yes, a crate can be opened at any level, including 1.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Does this mean that they will give a lv 1 stuff? Oh well, I'll give it a try then.

Edit: Just as I expected a level 2 stuff. Wasted 15 plat. Just wondering why all those good stuffs isn't available for lv 1.
    Last edited by Flamberge; 01-13-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by parnasofication View Post
    + to what you said. How come rogue armors are the only useful ones? Rogue armors still has 26 dex, and an additional crit option
    because rogues are awesome :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Could the be a possible vanity conversion. because the armor looks amazing, the design is. beautiful and it would be a shame to just let it fade away, to be dust in the wind because of a new lvl cap with armor that has better stats unless the crates continue into further updates? but work like this should be appreciated for more and i think a vanity conversion is a good way to go. i want to look this awesome all the time without having to sacrafice stats in future updates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This should have a feature to convert it into vanity and untradable. Im sure people wouldnt mind if they had the option to convert this, when I looked at this it looked like vanity and as I scrolled down I saw that it wasnt. I saw this on rutgar before this came out and thought how awseome it would be to have that, would be cool if we could convert it, or make it all just vanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Plus this vanity would match my ign "Elite". Oh did I say vanity didnt meant this gear-.-

Really accidently put vanity instead of gear but I went alon with it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Ty for not making them op. It would be way worse if they were to ruin all the current gear in place. Imagine the threads if this gear was best current available
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

If these boxes would contain one piece of the sets as a vanity item I'd spend Platinum on it. But, as a lvl specified (of the character that opens it up) item with these stats that I've seen at the ones in Auctions... No, thanks!
    They really do look good, but I wouldn't use them with these stats.

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamberge View Post
    Does this mean that they will give a lv 1 stuff? Oh well, I'll give it a try then.

Edit: Just as I expected a level 2 stuff. Wasted 15 plat. Just wondering why all those good stuffs isn't available for lv 1.
    So.. You have lvl1 XPoff characters too?
    I either don't get it why aren't there cool stuffs for lvl1 characters too.. Drops from chests starts at lvl2.. Promo code weapons are lvl1 items. So, why can't there be lvl1 chest items?
    I'd love to have lvl1 Legendary armors!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apparently my fellow rouges arent double checking stats. The heroic stability armor is on par with the best rouge armor to date (demonlord of stability), and the best helm (agile ranger of stability). Not to mention at this point, its FAR cheaper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

The heroic stability fancy armor is one of the best armor for rogues! I just bought the level 21 versions and put my level 16 versions on sale.

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    This mean i can stash the crate and wait for another level cap.

Edit:
    Thinking of keeping them crates and wait until level 100.
    Last edited by FrankRHorton; 01-16-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

You shouldn't have to pay to open these chests.

You just have to look at the trading store in game now and the first 32 items in that category of sale are these chests. Just goes to show that it was a bad call to make winners pay for their prize. And people are selling them for next to nothing once you have paid your sales fee.

If anyone can explain the reasoning behind this idea of paying for the opening of your own chest, I'd love to hear it please.
    Last edited by euromikeym; 01-18-2013 at 04:22 AM. Reason: More evidence

MAXIMUSMIX - ZELVIRA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

wow this is cool. i will buy this crate
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23078&d=1358418767
    FB: Wrathstorm L31 | Guild: Malaysian Pro (GM: Apai)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Feke View Post
    So.. You have lvl1 XPoff characters too?
    I either don't get it why aren't there cool stuffs for lvl1 characters too.. Drops from chests starts at lvl2.. Promo code weapons are lvl1 items. So, why can't there be lvl1 chest items?
    I'd love to have lvl1 Legendary armors!!!!!
    Yes I do have a level 1 toon. Such a shame that all those cool stuffs isn't available for level 1. I don't get why though. You can get a lvl 1 legendary armors, there is 2 available atm. Stuff from the bundle which is Forerunner n Stormrunner.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamberge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by euromikeym View Post
    You shouldn't have to pay to open these chests. If you've been lucky enough to get one dropped why be penalised for the privilege.

Just another example of money grabbing developers, if you ask me.
    People are really being thrown off by the fact that the crates drop in-game. Just take a moment and realize that these crates would have just been added to the plat store, but the devs wanted to try something new and had them drop in-game instead.

I do think STS should have made some kind of statement before putting these in to clarify player's perceptions of them. If they had announced that they were going to try out having the next batch of plat packs drop in game, rather than be purchased directly from the store, maybe there wouldn't be as many confused players.

I think it's a cool idea, as it involves everyone in the process of a player purchasing a plat pack, rather than it being a straight player/STS transaction. Not to mention that in most cases players now get a little coin each time this kind of plat pack is sold (i.e., opend), since the plat spender is most likely getting it from the CS. Sure, it may not be much, but it's something. You can't say that about the chests in the plat store.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    I do think STS should have made some kind of statement before putting these in to clarify player's perceptions of them. If they had announced that they were going to try out having the next batch of plat packs drop in game, rather than be purchased directly from the store, maybe there wouldn't be as many confused players.
    Yeah, that would kill the whole idea of this marketing strategy. The whole point of this was to confuse folks, and I'm guessing it worked. It's much more tempting to pay plat to open a chest that is already in your inventory rather than just go to the plat store and buy one. STS has counted on this fact, and I'm guessing it resulted in much more profit for them. I think it's a brilliant idea on their part. Nothing they did was wrong here. It's just a brilliant marketing strategy. I think I would have preferred if the chests were a little more rare though, but then again that would mean less plat for STS as fewer chests would be opened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If we had been told this at the time we wouldn't have been mislead. It was very misleading when it was announced. It came across as a bonus drop for the time. I.e. hope your luck is in and you might be lucky enough to get a special crate. Well isn't that reasonable to assume as its how the game was being played so far. I must admit it made me play the game more than usual in the hope that I might be lucky and get one of these crates too. If I had known it was going to cost you a heavy price to claim, I wouldn't have other end so much.

MAXIMUSMIX - ZELVIRA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

But why pay extra gold on top for the chest in store and then the plat to open it, when you will be able to get one from plat store for just the plat only? Unless of course you are one of the few elite that has a huge amount of gold and plat to burn. Sadly most of us are not so cashed up.

MAXIMUSMIX - ZELVIRA