Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Locked Grand Watch Crate - Unique Legendary Loot Unlocked for Platinum

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Lol @ the people that dont realize its some awesome stuff used for looks

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

2 simple questions. Why do we need to PAY to open CHESTS that we LOOT? Why is the NEW LEGENDARY armour so WEAK? Just curious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    2 simple questions. Why do we need to PAY to open CHESTS that we LOOT? Why is the NEW LEGENDARY armour so WEAK? Just curious.
    Because it looks good and they are making money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Because it looks good and they are making money.
    Your argument is invalid! :P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Your argument is invalid! :P

Doesn't mean I open them but that is why others open them for the first reason. The second reason is why they are even in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Doesn't mean I open them but that is why others open them for the first reason. The second reason is why they are even in the game.
    Lol. True..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Hey guys, if you don't like them don't wear them, simple as that. Though, there is no pvp yet, so obsessing over something having slightly less stats than your elite gear at this point is kinda dumb if you ask me.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Hey guys, if you don't like them don't wear them, simple as that. Though, there is no pvp yet, so obsessing over something having slightly less stats than your elite gear at this point is kinda dumb if you ask me.
    Just giving a point of view here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    I guess some people need to cut the crap of saying "if u dont like to dont wear, dont play, dont do" It's none of your business to decide what others do..So many people play the game and so many are unhappy and dissatisfied ..If these people play long hours to farm and waste bunch of plats, i think they deserve to have a say..And it's AL's responsibility to satisfy them..It goes both ways..Buy plats=AL satisfaction = checked, you get crappy items that are not worth it, AL players' satisfaction = a big no..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rasittt View Post
    I guess some people need to cut the crap of saying "if u dont like to dont wear, dont play, dont do" It's none of your business to decide what others do..So many people play the game and so many are unhappy and dissatisfied ..If these people play long hours to farm and waste bunch of plats, i think they deserve to have a say..And it's AL's responsibility to satisfy them..It goes both ways..Buy plats=AL satisfaction = checked, you get crappy items that are not worth it, AL players' satisfaction = a big no..
    Gotta agree with that but in a nicer way!

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rasittt View Post
    Your statement is also an opinionated and sweeping generalization. Locked Chests are brand new, and we definitely want them to be interesting for plat-spenders and non-plat spenders. Right now you can farm and sell them in the auction house, or open them and either use the items or sell them in a secondary market. It is a very delicate balancing act.

They just got in. We'll watch what happens and make tweaks... like always.

Much appreciate the constructive feedback, keep it coming!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Not sure what all the fuss is about. You can spend 10 plat on a CHANCE for a legendary that is not as good as elites, or you can spend 15 plat for a GUARANTEED legendary that is not as good as elites, but better than the 10 plat ones. Seems like the price model is on point, to me.

The fact that the chests drop, rather than are purchased straight from the plat store, gives players a way to make gold off of STS selling plat chests. Imagine if every time a plat chest was sold from the store, some random player got a chunk of gold put in their inventory. That's pretty much what's happening with these new chests. It's an awesome improvement over the standard store-bought plat chests.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

STS you sure gave us something to get us all excited about but i will not beat around the bush the two recent updates are major letdowns to me. I don't like the stats.

- concerned citizen of arlor
    Last edited by Justg; 01-12-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Sweeping generalizations do not make for productive conversations

15. The Following User Says Thank You to spiderpig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

The stats of these items= a waist of amazing looking gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I don't mind that stats of these items are less than the best elite gear, but I think they simply messed up on the stats of the armors & helms for sorcerers. What would be fine is if the stats of the helms & armors were similar to the winter gear that lil scrooge drops. But instead they are pretty much useless. I think next time someone needs to pay attention to the desired stats for each class. Sorcerers want INT, Rogues want DEX, and Warriors want STR. So at least one of the versions of each type of gear should have that stat as the primary stat. Otherwise it's pretty useless. A level 21 sorcerer armor that has "slightly less" stats than the best demonlord/demonologist armor would have 25 or 24 INT, not 7 or 10 INT. That is much much less and about as good as a level 10 armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

For my taste the stats are not good and I think the price is a bit high. I think I agree with what Siri and Octavos said above - rather just have it be a vanity because the look is cool. Or at least have the option to open it as a vanity chest, perhaps for a discount.
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Again like lowly said. Why complain about stats when pvp isnt out yet? Also they look snazzy id sure spent 100s of plat to get 6 sets. 2 of each for each of my classes. Right now im spending about $30 a cap on the game because of the 70 plat deal its just amazing cant pass it up lol so STS makes money off me xD

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I don't mind that stats of these items are less than the best elite gear, but I think they simply messed up on the stats of the armors & helms for sorcerers. What would be fine is if the stats of the helms & armors were similar to the winter gear that lil scrooge drops. But instead they are pretty much useless. I think next time someone needs to pay attention to the desired stats for each class. Sorcerers want INT, Rogues want DEX, and Warriors want STR. So at least one of the versions of each type of gear should have that stat as the primary stat. Otherwise it's pretty useless. A level 21 sorcerer armor that has "slightly less" stats than the best demonlord/demonologist armor would have 25 or 24 INT, not 7 or 10 INT. That is much much less and about as good as a level 10 armor.
    + to what you said. How come rogue armors are the only useful ones? Rogue armors still has 26 dex, and an additional crit option. So in a way, in a preferred taste, it could be the best armor. But the warriors version? 10 strength? Sorcerer? 10 int? It's not about pvp or what, the stats for sorc and warrior versions are messed up. It's hard to believe that the game developers intended for it to be that way.

And on a side note, you gave us awesome lookin armors with this crates, but the weapons are the lamest elites I have ever seen e.g. The protector sword shields for warrior, seriously? It's a set with villain or heroic, Rutger has one. Why can't you make it look like that?
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quick question. Is this scaled to our level? Most importantly, is it available for level 1?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

It is scaled to lvl, I don't know about lvl1.