Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locked Grand Crate of the Watch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Kinda have to disagree with you friend, the new gun puts my dmg at 165.2 without colton if you have a nuke set up you wont need to spam your basic dps and the added dmg makes up for what you don't use in dps by a lot, the rest of what you said i guess i can agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    For sorcerer gear everything is just crappy. Nothing worth getting at all. The best setup for sorcerer gear at level 21 is to have 13 STR & 26 INT. DEX is pretty useless for a sorcerer. Yet every level 21 sorcerer armor or helmet from the new chests has 26 DEX, and the most INT any of them have is 10. So they are just for looks.

As for the guns, the damage is higher, but the DPS way lower. I used one of the guns on a few jarl runs. The knockback proc is kind of cool -- it hits around once out of every 4 or 5 times. But overall I cause way less damage because the weapon is so slow. Normally I spam the attack button while my skills are cooling down and usually get in about 3-4 attacks after I spam through my skills before they cool down again. But with the gun I only get one single attack in between skills. Also, the attack from the gun is not AoE where as a regular attack from a wand is. So not as good as having a flamestrike or charward wand.
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

beat me to it lol. pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    For Jarl, I agree the FS or Char is better, but the +12 damage of the gun on all your AOE is huge for large groups of mobs. There is definitely an argument for guns now. If we could get a loadout button on the main UI to quickly switch it would be perfect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Keep it, a lot of people like to collect sets and you never know you might need it on a twink some day . 100k was a lot, prices will be dropping as people flood the cs with the stuff they don't want.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuRfY View Post
    I love the blackness of the bow. lol. The rifle looks nice too, with the gold sides. Although probably shouldn't have spent that 100k on the bow which level cap increase is coming.

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post
    Keep it, a lot of people like to collect sets and you never know you might need it on a twink some day . 100k was a lot, prices will be dropping as people flood the cs with the stuff they don't want.
    yeah...it looks nicer than the zero effect of brutality i used to have..sold it in favour of this one..

while i am at it, posting a screenshot with me holding it. lol. my stats are lousy though.

Name:  chio1.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  182.3 KB
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

After Update -> Rogues =
    Mages =

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Kinda have to disagree with you friend, the new gun puts my dmg at 165.2 without colton if you have a nuke set up you wont need to spam your basic dps and the added dmg makes up for what you don't use in dps by a lot, the rest of what you said i guess i can agree with.
    I guess everyone has different goals. My goals in PvE is to make money while keeping my K/D ratio as high as I can. I've tried using the gun for the last hour and the result is that either I die a lot or I use a ton of potions. I've been doing mostly Jarl runs. And here is my experience...

With my charward rod equipped, when I run into area before jarl, I hit the mob there with a charged fireball, and then charged freeze, and then I spam attack until fireball recharges, and then I do one more charged fireball, and then another charged freeze, and then a few more spam attacks and that usually finishes off the mobs before I take any damage nor have to use any potions. At that point I'm still usually at 100% health and 80% mana.

When I use the watch rifle, after hitting the mob with charged fireball and charged freeze, I then need to use lightning (not so useful on a mob), and then I try to spam attack, but only get off one hit usually with the slow riffle. At this point I usually start to take some damage, and end up using my heal skill or have to spam pots. Finishing off the mob takes a third round of skills spent instead of only two. And because I use lightning too, my mana is usually down to around 50% by that point, and I've usually had to use 5-10 health pots.

As for Jarl himself, It's hard to tell if I cause more or less damage. I seem to beat him in about the same time. Normally for Jarl I would use Lightning, then Frost (neither charged), then spam attack until Lightning cools down. But now I am forced to use fire as well because I can't really spam the riffle as it's too slow. So yes there is extra damage being inflicted, but about 2 less hits per round by me. Seem to end up with a similar result, but I run my mana down much faster and need to use a few mana pots.

In the end, I spend extra potions when using the riffle. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but if I spend 100 gold worth of potions on every Jarl run, that significantly cuts into making money. Maybe for PvP the riffle would be good. But for simple economic farming, for me I'd say no. Maybe others who play differently or have different goals or fighting styles would prefer it.

I only wish the matching armor and helms had decent stats too. I hate mismatching gear. I like to look good! So for now I'll just stick with my demonologist set and matching wand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I see what you're saying, my goal is for a pvp build. I know skill dmg is going to need to be maxed for this, dps spamming isn't going to be effective.
    I guess everyone has different goals. My goals in PvE is to make money while keeping my K/D ratio as high as I can. I've tried using the gun for the last hour and the result is that either I die a lot or I use a ton of potions. I've been doing mostly Jarl runs. And here is my experience...

With my charward rod equipped, when I run into area before jarl, I hit the mob there with a charged fireball, and then charged freeze, and then I spam attack until fireball recharges, and then I do one more charged fireball, and then another charged freeze, and then a few more spam attacks and that usually finishes off the mobs before I take any damage nor have to use any potions. At that point I'm still usually at 100% health and 80% mana.

When I use the watch rifle, after hitting the mob with charged fireball and charged freeze, I then need to use lightning (not so useful on a mob), and then I try to spam attack, but only get off one hit usually with the slow riffle. At this point I usually start to take some damage, and end up using my heal skill or have to spam pots. Finishing off the mob takes a third round of skills spent instead of only two. And because I use lightning too, my mana is usually down to around 50% by that point, and I've usually had to use 5-10 health pots.

As for Jarl himself, It's hard to tell if I cause more or less damage. I seem to beat him in about the same time. Normally for Jarl I would use Lightning, then Frost (neither charged), then spam attack until Lightning cools down. But now I am forced to use fire as well because I can't really spam the riffle as it's too slow. So yes there is extra damage being inflicted, but about 2 less hits per round by me. Seem to end up with a similar result, but I run my mana down much faster and need to use a few mana pots.

In the end, I spend extra potions when using the riffle. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but if I spend 100 gold worth of potions on every Jarl run, that significantly cuts into making money. Maybe for PvP the riffle would be good. But for simple economic farming, for me I'd say no. Maybe others who play differently or have different goals or fighting styles would prefer it.

I only wish the matching armor and helms had decent stats too. I hate mismatching gear. I like to look good! So for now I'll just stick with my demonologist set and matching wand.
    Everyone likes to look good that's why use my xmas tree vanity :P looks good with the new shiny gun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, for PvP the gun may be good. The more I compare both weapons, the more I think the major issue here is that the normal attack on the gun is NOT AoE where as the normal attack for a wand is. That makes a big difference when running most dungeons, especially tombs or hauntlet. Unless you spam tons of mana pots, you are going to need to spam your regular attack at times. And the difference here between AoE and just a single target being hit is huge.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

the AA on a rod only does aoe in really tightly packed groups if the mobs are in a straight line from you OR if you charge your AA. The Gun is closers in total Damage to the Flamestrike/Charward than the other guns/Wyrmbone staff, but using my sorcerer dps estimating calculator (link in Sig) it falls just short. 20 dps maybe, or 10 dps after a 50% armor reduction, so this is nicely comparable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

guys i hope you don't open it . because it wastes you money . today i opend one and it gave me a trash . almost everthings are ------ s - H- right now .i dont know how to sell it .wtf . I DONT HOW MUCH DO I Need to sell it .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    If we could get a loadout button on the main UI to quickly switch it would be perfect
    Yes, +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I know it's gone off topic, but all I can say is I love the new rifle... I know there's been a lot of discussion about DPS vs DMG, but..... with the new rifle, I beat my personal solo time for Kraag and watchers tomb by a whopping two minutes -- I'm not a record breaker, but for me, two minutes is a big deal. I've also been soloing some elite maps, and definitely finish faster, to the point that now I'd rather solo :P
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aintgerman View Post
    yes, i sold mine for 90k :P
    Yeah. I accidentally bought it. -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Yeah. I accidentally bought it. -_-
    xD thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aintgerman View Post
    xD thx
    Lost 70k lmfao! XD

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haowesie View Post
    I know it's gone off topic, but all I can say is I love the new rifle... I know there's been a lot of discussion about DPS vs DMG, but..... with the new rifle, I beat my personal solo time for Kraag and watchers tomb by a whopping two minutes -- I'm not a record breaker, but for me, two minutes is a big deal. I've also been soloing some elite maps, and definitely finish faster, to the point that now I'd rather solo :P
    With Cosmo's calculated/info on the rifle plus your good rifle experience=Me buying one.

Thank you both!

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For sorcerer gear everything is just crappy. Nothing worth getting at all. The best setup for sorcerer gear at level 21 is to have 13 STR & 26 INT. DEX is pretty useless for a sorcerer. Yet every level 21 sorcerer armor or helmet from the new chests has 26 DEX, and the most INT any of them have is 10. So they are just for looks.

As for the guns, the damage is higher, but the DPS way lower. I used one of the guns on a few jarl runs. The knockback proc is kind of cool -- it hits around once out of every 4 or 5 times. But overall I cause way less damage because the weapon is so slow. Normally I spam the attack button while my skills are cooling down and usually get in about 3-4 attacks after I spam through my skills before they cool down again. But with the gun I only get one single attack in between skills. Also, the attack from the gun is not AoE where as a regular attack from a wand is. So not as good as having a flamestrike or charward wand.
    so true. I didn't actually realized it until you said it. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what is the name of that gun? I want it! If you don't mind sharing info, where are skill your points allocated? I guess we would all like to know how to reach 165 in dmg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what is the name of that gun? I want it! If you don't mind sharing info, where are your skill points allocated? I guess we would all like to know how to reach 165 in dmg.