Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Development: PvP - Capture the Flag & Next Expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

PvP stats (kills/deaths) will be shown on your inspect page, and there will surely be leaderboards for this as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looking forward for the PVP. Period.

I'm going to hell in so many different religions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When when when we waited too much.. we r from turkey our time is 1.00 am..we cant sleep..pls say time to us when patch coming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patricks:932794
    Quote Originally Posted by azefekie:932156
    Wouldn't make sense if you could freeze someone and they couldn't move....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricks View Post
    Will there be skill changes at all? Or will Mage vs Mage first who freezes wins?

Is it 3v3 or 4v4?
    No...if you freeze someone they should catch on fire and have increased 10% movement speed.....
    You my favorite troll pat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This all looks so spicy. Can't wait to see new names on the leaderboard.
    Username : Jimmeh
    Guild Name : Arcane Energy
    Position : Guildmaster

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

23:46 here... Still no update..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Update please ))))))))))))))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Leaderboards will be useles honestly. A limited group of folks will farm their guildmates alternate chars for pvp kills. You know it, I know it.

You wanna be the 'best'? You get there by beating real players, leaderboards wont show that. The players you end will remember your name and your glory will wide yet silent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pvp is pretty good but I think there is room for improvement. I dont like that time spell for mage doesnt root enemies, effectively making it useless. Same as wind and knockback. I find pvp is also unbalanced as a rogues can kill 1800 hp in 2 hits with the right spell. It just seems odd that certain advantages are removed in an effort to balance the character abilities when it does the exact opposite. I dont think spells should be changed, leaving them will add different elements of stratagy and allow most players to keep there player mostly the same, and make minor tweaks instead. If the spells are changed in pvp at least give us a cheaper respec for skills only.

What about guild wars and leagues? Right now it is very hard to coordinate guild wars, and as a result no leagues can be formed. I would also like to see more health and mana around the map. Also less damage for the one flagging.

Anyway right now its good for a test, but I hope big changes are in store.

-Mattygspot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Well, I played a few rounds, but I think that's it for me. I much prefer PvE. I wasn't able to kill anyone except sorcerers (I'm a sorcerer). Every time I went up against a rogue or warrior I lost. None of my skills worked, except for heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pvp

Pvp sucks... The rouges so overpowered. Mage underpowered. I'm using clever demonologist armor lvl 20 and rouges can take my hp down to 10% in one spell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Update: I've figured some things out and got a lot better at it. I no longer think mages are underpowered, I just think you have to learn to fight differently. Here's some things I would suggest:

1) Heal is a must. Not so much for the health even, but you will run out of mana quick if you manage to stay alive for more than a minute. And since there are no pets, you have really low regen. So heal maxed out (5/5) gives maximum amount of extra health and mana, and it seems to actually be the most useful of all my skills, and also greatly helps the entire party.

2) If you are outnumbered, you are dead. That's right, unlike in PL, no "pro" player is going to take down 3 enemies at the same time. It just won't happen. I had situations where I had a nice surprise attack on 2 enemy players, and I managed to stun them, but it didn't matter. Once they recovered I was over matched. In PL the same surprise attack would have killed both of the enemies within seconds.

3) So far my most useful attack skill is Fireball. It does a nice job stunning the enemy. Frost on the other hand does nothing to stun. I don't have the Clock skill, but when an enemy used it and I walked by it, it slowed me down considerably. So obviously it works to slow you down. I have no idea about Gale Force as I haven't seen anyone use that on me.

4) As a mage, you have to kite the enemies. Don't try to tank, if you do you will lose unless you are fighting another mage. Rogues and Warriors got more armor, and they will win a face-to-face battle. Instead, use your long range attacks, and if they try to close the distance, retreat a little until your skills have cooled down, and use the ranged attack again. You will win if you do this right.

5) Rogues with bows are no match for a mage's long range attacks. The few times I encountered bow rogues, I was able to beat them. On the other hand, rogues with stabbing weapons could kill me very easily. The solution here is as stated in #4 -- keep your distance and stun them before they get close. They are pretty squishy as well, and if you stun them first from a distance, you can finish them off pretty easily.

6) Assuming you have heal skill, remember to use it wisely, as it takes 15 seconds to cool down. So don't use it until you have lower than 50% health if you are near combat.

7) If you stay alive more than a couple of minutes, even with heal skill you are going to run out of mana. Best to retreat to a safe place and just wait if this happens, as just using your normal attack is not going to win any battles.

8) Full INT is not going to do it. You're going to need better than 1500 health, and best would be 1700+. The solution here maybe is to do this by getting the right gear, rather than doing a respec. Some of the gear gives a nice amount of STR so this will help boost your health. Remember that most battles are over in 4-8 hits.

So if you are comparing different gear, keep this in mind: your skill damage at best is double your stat damage. So if the average battle lasts 5 hits, then it pays to give up 1 damage point in your stats if you can gain more than 10 health points. For PvE health is less important because we can just pop health potions. But here in PvP you cannot.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-19-2013 at 05:55 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can't wait for the pirate expansion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you Energizeric for your 5 cents, that was very helpful.
    I aggree with your tactics, stay long ranged, as a warrior or a rogue will overpower you easily up close. Often I find it very effective if you can get them to follow you, while you just use fireball every time cool down is ready. Shield is also very effective, whereas clock seems inefficient.
    I also find that my 1500 hp is insufficient, and i will have to sacrifice some dmg for hp.
    Any experiences with dex for dodge and crit?
    And gear wise, any special suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also I feel that rogues are slightly overpowered. They have that charge, and will easily one-hit you.
    I think clock needs to be charged in order to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Please make it so everyone on Leader Boards get the banner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

People using pets in Ctf.. Fix plox.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when use released pvp i was exspecting a free respec now i gotta wait til the expansion comes out my skill setup js far from usefull to enter pvp with and i heard from a few others who will not enter pvp due to us having skills based for pve so pvp is poor atm and i will not buy plat to respec my char ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a question sam, can u tell when in febuary the expansion comes?? thx