Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pets will NOT be in Capture the Flag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Pets arcane ability and their passive bonus to stats iz a part pf build az gear.Just their increasing normal passive attack is OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Better without pets hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duflie View Post
    ehh I don't like pets anyways. Imagine feeding them every freaken 10 min to stay on top of your game.
    Exactly...Sam I urge you to read that quote and tell it to the production team. If you guys are even considering including pets, do not, and I MEAN DO NOT, make us pay to constantly feed them. You have no idea how unenjoyable that will make PvP and this game will defo lose a considerable number of its PvP population because of it.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

to weigh in on this it's important to note that while PvP will not immediately involve pets due to the clutter and other related issues, in the future we want to re-introduce the pets in a meaningful way to PvP scenarios.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

by all means do, but please take my previous comment into consideration, im sure i can find a thousand people that wud agree with it =)

If you don't mind a suggestion for the future, make non-pet pvp and pet pvp an actual option in-game, as you can see, some people disagree and agree with having pets, it would be awesome to meet both criteria by giving them an option.
    Last edited by Infrico; 01-18-2013 at 01:03 PM.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beargasm View Post
    Will there be an aim function same to PL pvp or will it be the same as pve wherr your skill targets the nearest mob? :3
    Targeting mechanics will remain consistent with PvE content

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Sorry Wrath Jaw, buddy, looks like you'll have to sit this one out Colton....you will be mine tomorrow but no ctf for you either But in a couple weeks well slay swashbuckling pirates, then its on! Sit back..relax..and don't get too fat on your time off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Sam, it seems like ur two comments conflict each other. I can't tell whether or not passive abilities will be allowed or not. I myself am fine without arcane abilities but would like to see passives added. The arcane abilities would lead to too many stuns and roots but the i feel like the passive abilities are essential.

You guys designed each class to have strengths and weakness which can be addressed through the use of pets. I'm a rouge and designed mine with high damage at the expense of mana. I compensate for this by using certain pets to either increase my mana supply or my mana regen. i have lots of plats so I can respec to a different build which will increase my mana but lower my damage. That's fine for pvp but I'm not going to farm pve with a build like that because I'm not willing to spend 5 plat (or even 1 plat) every day to respec. In that case I'll probably choose to play pve and stay out of pvp.

I think most of those who agree with not having pets are people who don't have very good pets. I would agree with their thinking if all the best pets were plat but most of the best pets drop in game. So I feel like it's rewarding players who don't spend as much time farming by leveling the playing field. It will also be a discouragement for people to purchase pets with plat if the persons main goal is to pvp.

I'd suggest either:
    1) making it so we can keep the pets passives or (if that's too hard to code)
    2) give us a pvp and a pve loadout that includes our build and skills as well as our gear. I think it should be free to switch between the two builds but cost 5 plat to change the actual build itself.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Yes I so agree just didn't feel like typing that much +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Can I ask a silly question? is there any reward for winning PvP, u know, any motivation to fight PvP? beside a title or an achievement?
    Will it be similar to Hountlet, we get coin after winning and can use coin to buy pet or chest?

I think it will be awesome if you create a kind of chest that can only bought buy using PvP coin, and there chest can randomly give some good stuffs (These stuffs must be good enough, better than stuffs in elite chests). In that way people will fight PvP all the time, it's really fun

Personally I think 5, 10, or 20 winning coin respectively to buy copper, silver or golden chest (unique chest which can only buy in PvP) is a reasonable price I saw my players said they don't really interested in PvP, but with this, they will
    Last edited by Xman; 01-18-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xman:933291
    Can I ask a silly question? is there any reward for winning PvP, u know, any motivation to fight PvP? beside a title or an achievement?
    Will it be similar to Hountlet, we get coin after winning and can use coin to buy pet or chest?
    I think it will be awesome if you create a kind of chest that can only bought buy using PvP coin, and there chest can randomly give some good stuffs (These stuffs must be good enough, better than stuffs in elite chests). In that way people will fight PvP all the time, it's really fun
    there will be pvp achievements and leaderboards
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    there will be pvp achievements and leaderboards
    That's exactly what I want to say. 90% of players don't care about Achievement and leaderboards, so I think it's better if there is a good reward system, I edited my previous post about a suggestion of reward, plz read it. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Well see, pvp is a TOTAL option and a free will decision. If ya want to fight others for the enjoyment and fun, do it. Really shouldnt expect rewards from pvp. Shouldnt force peeps if they dont want to pvp.

Can easily be exploited by farming kills.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Well see, pvp is a TOTAL option and a free will decision. If ya want to fight others for the enjoyment and fun, do it. Really shouldnt expect rewards from pvp.
    Would be cool though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch:933310
    Well see, pvp is a TOTAL option and a free will decision. If ya want to fight others for the enjoyment and fun, do it. Really shouldnt expect rewards from pvp.
    Would be cool though.
    like I said easily exploited.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Yah, what about PvP vanity. Would could make it really expensive and cool looking. The coin system would be by team successes not individual successes to make it more elite PvP vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch:933320
    Yah, what about PvP vanity. Would could make it really expensive and cool looking. The coin system would be by team successes not individual successes to make it more elite PvP vanity.
    Hmm I guess vanity rewards can be considered =)
    Credits to Iady

Lady_Pebbles

IF we ever have a Tower Defense type of PvP for guild vs guild (hunt hint >_>), I think pets would be of great use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think the passive of pets should be active wile the skills of the pete are not, due to "To much cluter". Pets are kinda cheap to mantain, and if your to poor to feed them you can switch them around, not that hard. I have based my hole build and pvp tactice around my passive pet buff and it has been smashed by no pets.

There should be a option for the host to select if he wants pets or no pets.

Time will tell how it goes with no pets at all. Could still be great! But at the moment not looking forward to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    You guys designed each class to have strengths and weakness which can be addressed through the use of pets. I'm a rouge and designed mine with high damage at the expense of mana. I compensate for this by using certain pets to either increase my mana supply or my mana regen. i have lots of plats so I can respec to a different build which will increase my mana but lower my damage.

I think most of those who agree with not having pets are people who don't have very good pets.
    i have best pets in game for rogue and i dont want pets in pvp. you van make a build that gives you mana without having to sacrafice damage. just think it through, i did. and i have a feeling I'm going to be nuking other rogue with skills after they run out of mana