Thread: PvP War Builds Here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoon View Post
    I think the usual HoR, Vengeful blood, Windmill & Skyward Smash pve build might work better for PvP especially when fighting in crowds.
    Yeah this is exactly the build we are talking about. With this build all you need is some experience and strategy in PvP to compete with anybody, even the best rogues.

Some tips that work for me -

-Don't be a hero, you are more useful to your team alive, when charging a group or just 1v1 if your health gets low just run away and cast horn/veng and go at it again. Most of the time group fights wont follow you, and anyone who chases is more worried about killing you than making sure they are ready to take you after you reset. Sometimes I even let them chase me if I have full health/mana just so they waste their mana and skill so I can get a quick easy kill.
    -Know where health packs are and use them. Those things saved me a ton and if used correctly you can take a 1v2 or 1v3 and come out on top.
    -Close the gap, when fighting rogues or mages you always need to close the gap and get close for melee. If they can successfully kite you or get in a few skills before you make contact it puts you at a severe disadvantage. Whick is why we use skyward.
    -if you can help it try to make the fight gravitate towards your teammates, they can help you kill faster and if the enemy notices it is about to be a 3v1 they may try to run, making an easy kill.
    -Know your buffs, when going into a group fight I always use charged horn and make sure my teammates get the buff also, when 1v1 vv rogue or mage i also start with charged horn before I make contact, also squeeze charged veng. in before contact so your skills demolish your foe fast in 1v1. For warriors it is better to wait until you need to use charged horn because you dont have to worry about a massive crit cutting your health in two before you make contact.
    -always avoid soloing a group of enemies unless you know they suck. I have been able to come out on top in 1v4/ 1v5 situations in the enemy spawn, but these things are a rarity, CTF is a looser game type, there is nothing shameful about teamwork here.
    -Last thing, although our charge attack doesnt have a 90% stun rate like rogues, it is still very effectives for us warriors to use. Whenever I have some time in between cooldowns I use a charged attack to stun the war/rogue/mage im fighting, if you land a stun or two it can put your opponent at a severe disadvantage because now have to take the brunt of your attack and are unable to use a skill to get back in the fight.

So yeah, that is pretty much what I do in PvP, I left like two things out so maybe I can still win when all the warriors catch on to how to pvp. And honestly im sure someone else has PvP strategy mastered by now I hope they can post on here and teach me something new.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gassyllama For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gassyllama View Post
    Yeah this is exactly the build we are talking about. With this build all you need is some experience and strategy in PvP to compete with anybody, even the best rogues.

Some tips that work for me -

-Don't be a hero, you are more useful to your team alive, when charging a group or just 1v1 if your health gets low just run away and cast horn/veng and go at it again. Most of the time group fights wont follow you, and anyone who chases is more worried about killing you than making sure they are ready to take you after you reset. Sometimes I even let them chase me if I have full health/mana just so they waste their mana and skill so I can get a quick easy kill.
    -Know where health packs are and use them. Those things saved me a ton and if used correctly you can take a 1v2 or 1v3 and come out on top.
    -Close the gap, when fighting rogues or mages you always need to close the gap and get close for melee. If they can successfully kite you or get in a few skills before you make contact it puts you at a severe disadvantage. Whick is why we use skyward.
    -if you can help it try to make the fight gravitate towards your teammates, they can help you kill faster and if the enemy notices it is about to be a 3v1 they may try to run, making an easy kill.
    -Know your buffs, when going into a group fight I always use charged horn and make sure my teammates get the buff also, when 1v1 vv rogue or mage i also start with charged horn before I make contact, also squeeze charged veng. in before contact so your skills demolish your foe fast in 1v1. For warriors it is better to wait until you need to use charged horn because you dont have to worry about a massive crit cutting your health in two before you make contact.
    -always avoid soloing a group of enemies unless you know they suck. I have been able to come out on top in 1v4/ 1v5 situations in the enemy spawn, but these things are a rarity, CTF is a looser game type, there is nothing shameful about teamwork here.
    -Last thing, although our charge attack doesnt have a 90% stun rate like rogues, it is still very effectives for us warriors to use. Whenever I have some time in between cooldowns I use a charged attack to stun the war/rogue/mage im fighting, if you land a stun or two it can put your opponent at a severe disadvantage because now have to take the brunt of your attack and are unable to use a skill to get back in the fight.

So yeah, that is pretty much what I do in PvP, I left like two things out so maybe I can still win when all the warriors catch on to how to pvp. And honestly im sure someone else has PvP strategy mastered by now I hope they can post on here and teach me something new.
    This build is simply just terrific. I've used it back before PvP, and was surprised to find that it worked in ctf as well. Just to add:

-Speed packs don't work on flag-bearers.
    -Skyward Smash stuns even without charging. So from my experience, I've realized that using Skyward Smash uncharged is slightly better when attempting to slow down chasers.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

This is the build that i used previously for PVE and am still using it for PvP. It's a wonderful build overall.

Category: Balanced Offensive and Defensive

Build: A skill build of Vengeful Blood maxed, Horn Of Renew with buff duration and shield, Skyward Smash with damage and stun, and Windmill maxed except for snare. Might 5/5.

Potentials: Hold off opponent team and to hopefully get in a kill or two. No worries about mana.

Limitations: Not as much offensive to contribute to as much kills. Not as much defensive to tank a whole team at once.
    Last edited by Destructible; 01-30-2013 at 02:44 AM.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior