Thread: (Spawning) the release of Arcane Legends CTF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Default (Spawning) the release of Arcane Legends CTF

For those of us who played CTF in PL are aware of a "problem" with spawning in CTF. For those of you not aware what this is it is when people of the opposing team stand in your teams room and kill you as you join or as you respawn from a death (quick way to boost your kill count). I'm hoping that when CTF is released in AL there has been something to change this problem. I myself have never worried too much about this but it does get annoying when you join a random room and this happens, then when you get to their spawn room and try to do it to them they run out of the room. If something hasn't changed and you are able to do this in AL CTF you should tread lightly if you plan on doing this. Doing it enough times will make your name known pretty fast and you'll be ran out of every room you join. Hopefully a Dev or Mod can give us some insight on how it will work.

Also for those of you who may post in here "well if you weren't allowed to spawn in CTF they would of done it differently" they didn't expect people to boost kills this way and worry about their KDR that much.

On that note..Can't wait for CTF!!
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

2. The Following User Says Thank You to azefekie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I'm sure if its possible someone will find a way to do it... The target will be on their head for many people after that though! lol

Just an average signature

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Well, i guess to camp at opponents base and kill them the moment they spawn is the definition of FFA. LOL.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfY View Post
    Well, i guess to camp at opponents base and kill them the moment they spawn is the definition of FFA. LOL.
    That doesn't make sense, to enter a room or to respawn and be hailed with spamming skills from some booster(s) before you even have the chance to touch a skill isn't FFA. Sounds like you tried this before..is that why your sig says "PL, Deleted the game already" LOL.
    Last edited by azefekie; 01-18-2013 at 04:36 AM.
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default (Spawning) the release of Arcane Legends CTF

Not the definition of FFA. The aim of a CTF game is to get the other team's flag back to your teams base as quick as you can without dropping it. The players must make quick decisions in order to protect or defend their team or stolen flag.

Having a full team in the spawn room picking off easy, unbuffed targets is not playing the game as it is intended to be played. It wrecks the game of CTF and makes it unplayable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Haven't you played DL ctf before? It'll probably be more similar to that. Multiple location random respawn.

They're not gonna model pvp after PL as no one there plays pvp there cuz it sucks. So don't worry.

Everyone knows if you wanna play pvp in STS games, you play DL, until tomorrow....
    Last edited by Patricks; 01-18-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think the main issue in PL is the low amount of health and high damage you can deal, so most battles are over in 5 seconds after a couple of hits. In AL they seem to have gone out of their way to give us much higher health. We are at level 21 now and already we have 2-3 times as much health as level 76 in PL does. So that means PvP is actually going to be a real battle and not a 2 hit and over deal. With that in mind, even if you surprise someone and get the first hit, the battle will be far from over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i've played ctf in both pl and dl. In dl there isn't really a way to spawn since each team has two spawn areas and both are really open to attack. I'm betting (and hoping) sts will go with something similar in AL. Also, KDR ratios are WAY more important to people in PL than in DL. In DL the whole name of the game is to win the match so you see most people aggressively going after the flag. In PL people are (imo) much to concerned with having a pretty ratio. The shifts the focus from getting the flag to a much too conservative type game. In PL people are judged by their ratios, in DL people are known by their reputation- whether or not they help their team win- regardless of what their ratios look like. I can name several good DL players who have crappy kdr ratios but have a high number of captures. When these guys show up ur happy to see them on ur team and bummed when they join the other team because u know they are going to be relentless in going after that flag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    i've played ctf in both pl and dl. In dl there isn't really a way to spawn since each team has two spawn areas and both are really open to attack. I'm betting (and hoping) sts will go with something similar in AL. Also, KDR ratios are WAY more important to people in PL than in DL. In DL the whole name of the game is to win the match so you see most people aggressively going after the flag. In PL people are (imo) much to concerned with having a pretty ratio. The shifts the focus from getting the flag to a much too conservative type game. In PL people are judged by their ratios, in DL people are known by their reputation- whether or not they help their team win- regardless of what their ratios look like. I can name several good DL players who have crappy kdr ratios but have a high number of captures. When these guys show up ur happy to see them on ur team and bummed when they join the other team because u know they are going to be relentless in going after that flag.
    Yes that is the way to play. Deaths are of no conscious to me 0

Lady_Pebbles

WVHillz is right & Im hoping for the same thing on AL. Thats the main reason why I love FFA on DL. <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

People like to have good stats. Maybe there should be a stat that says your won/loss record at CTF. So even if you die a lot and your team members are the ones who get the flags, you still get a win. This would encourage team work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Feel sorry for players who want pretty ratios......hehe gonna drop that hamma on them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What time is the update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

this was a huge problem in WOW and they made it where for 5-10s after you respawned or joined a game you were immune to damage....so goodluck graveyard killing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Thinking that a gate could be put up in front of your team's spawn areas so that the other team can't go through it but your team can get through your own barrier.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jcyee View Post
    Thinking that a gate could be put up in front of your team's spawn areas so that the other team can't go through it but your team can get through your own barrier.
    But your own team can't go hide in it after they come into the main battle area? If they could someone would go attack, defend, attack, defend.