Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Already posted and mentioned this but want to reiterate it again. What would be extremely useful and helpful at this early stage would be free respecs for however long. Not everyone is in a position to splurge 5 plat each time they want to experiment with their build at a time where PvP is the new update and there is evidently a lot of tweaking needed with regards to skill sets and such.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

I respecced a bunch of times trying all sorts of things.

I maxed speed passive in one. Seems like it made no difference. Can u check?

Also, it's unfair others can use their skill while holding flag that allows then to move ahead quickly, but Mage speed boost skill is voided when carrying flag.
    Last edited by Patricks; 01-19-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Mages are a support class. there not supposes to be going lone wold, running around trashing everything in sight. the problem isnt balance, its team work. if mages work together or with a rogue or warrior they will do just fine and its the mages that dont try to go solo that survive. CTF is a team game which means work together to get the flag. the classes are just the way they should be. everyone just wants to play lone wolf and doent work out that way. if people actually worked in teams i think they would find that its not nearly as bad as it seemed to be before. there is the problem with warriors having bow range with swords which i dont get o.O and there not that hard to take down as long as you dont rush them like a mob in pve, and thars wat i see a lot of. its not pve its pvp you have to use a different tactic. It goes like this warrior meatsheild, rogue destroy meatshield or each other. and mage provide support with aoe stuns, snare,ranged attack and heals. mage is not a tank class or and attack class, they are support. there not meant to be at the front of the battle but somewhere in the back. why else would all your attacks be ranged. it makes sense right? so do what your class is designed to do and you will be just fine in pvp unless your team sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

lol everyone thinks that their class is on bottom and the other classes' powers should be nerfed, well how does that make it fair? I'm a lvl 21 mage and i have no trouble killing and living, i've gotten 40+ kills in one run, and i haven't even had to respec. Maybe yes the aimed shot seems unfair too me but my shield seems unfair to the rogues. Listen guys, u shouldn't expect not to die, just find what combo attacks do the best for u and practice. I fill we each have our ups and downs, but overall we're fairly equal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Also it would be better if the number of each class on a team is limited so we dont get 5 warriors on one team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post
    lol everyone thinks that their class is on bottom and the other classes' powers should be nerfed, well how does that make it fair? I'm a lvl 21 mage and i have no trouble killing and living, i've gotten 40+ kills in one run, and i haven't even had to respec. Maybe yes the aimed shot seems unfair too me but my shield seems unfair to the rogues. Listen guys, u shouldn't expect not to die, just find what combo attacks do the best for u and practice. I fill we each have our ups and downs, but overall we're fairly equal.
    i completely agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

From my perspective, you can not say rogue or warrior is OP when both of you said it's hard to fight against each other. If War say Rogue's damage is too high, yes they are, and rogue say War's defend and hp are too high, yes they are. So in the end, both of you have your strong points that make each other feel dangerous to face in a battle. So it's quite balance between war and rogue, the rest depend on gears and skills built.

And from the fact that no Rogue and War complain anything about mage is OP, so we can understand that mage is weak enough for them to kill, easily. Slow, low HP, no crit, low defend, the only strong point of mage is stun, but that obviously not enough for them, they can easily being killed when War and rogue wake up from stun. I think some ways to balance this are:
    1) Let mage's skill have those effects without being charges (This need to be tested because it can aslo make mage become OP).
    2) Increase damage from mage normal attack (without using skill). So they can deal more dame when enemy still stunned.

I have all 3 classes mage, rog and war so plz don't say I'm bias or anything like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i think the problem is that mages have higher skill cap than rogues.

that is, mages need a much more skilled player to achieve its maximum killing effectivity. rogues, on the other hand, have smaller skill cap, that is, easy to achieve its full killing effectivity. hell, any 5yo can kill anybody just spamming aimed shot. on the other hand, mages need to time their skills,positioning, and have the right skill composition depends on their gear. this makes rogues seem like OP in the short run. but in the long run, mages player should found the best possible build and gameplay for their character. but, again, to achieve this, mages need many respecs...

so please just give it already. i can't believe the free respecs isn't up yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I get that support class and teamwork line of thinking, and I assume that's how STS tested the balance of the game. In that case they did a fair job. But we know that's not how it's going to be played.

I am a mage, and do support roles, don't mind if I just stun for others to get the kill etc., but when I get killed and spawn far away from my team. Now how can I perform any teamwork when there's a bloodthirsty rogue between me and my team. And I can't wait on the sidelines, because spawn is not safe.

The fact is, pvp will be played with random people, and we won't see our ideal teams all the time (or at all). We need to be able to get by in those imperfect conditions. In my view, it doesn't take much for the game to get chaotic at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

if devs nerf rogue, giving them shorter range or mid range would be fair for mages. right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

make mages frost bolt can freeze if not why its called frost bolt
    and I agree with the free respec.At least give us once.Oh yeah one tips for mages,try watch rifle and take your distance from your enemy,you will own haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HOW about... A health bar on enemies?!? All other mobs have this, why didn't it occur to put them in PVP? At least to give me solace when I get WTFpwned. And it would allow us to give better feedback to you devs, being able to see what kind of damage our abilities and skills cause (or don't cause).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tribalware:934298
    Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Shield gives 2 seconds of invulnerability. In those 2 seconds you have plenty time to charge and get close enough.
    so your argument is that we should respec to deal knockdown and stun effects, yet you also think we should now be using shield too? i've been playing around with pvp specs for my mage all day, and anybody with the balls to say 'any mage moaning about being underpowered just doesn't know how to play their character' deserves to have said balls removed. because in some cases that may be true but for the most part we're just doing our absolute best with not much substance.

i do agree with you though, warriors are the primary problem for me, and most of my kills (in fact i'd say ALL of my solo kills) have come from rogues. you guys are overpowered but i can actually fight you in some way that makes contest interesting, due to the fact that there is a contest at all. but telling sorcs 'well you should be using shield with that 2 sec invulnerability buff to counter me' is laughably unfair. the problem runs a lot lot deeper than silly mage players not knowing what they are doing.
    If you're going to refuse to spec to a play style that works for mage then it's your on fault for being underpowered. If I refused to use all arrow skills, I'd be underpowered too, but instead if whining on the forums about it, I spec so that I have those arrow skills.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Mages are like a bra from 1995. Offers support but poor support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Patricks View Post
    Mages are like a bra from 1995. Offers support but poor support.
    LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dev Team, i believe it's all depend on yr build n yr equip.. the one rule are 99.9% using mill $ equip & correct build for pvp, pvp strategy,.. if not why should they invest.. $ & time. Ppl should check yr equip & build first... remember.. legend weapons or armors have good ones n even high end ones & lvl... if they think that few thousand $ pink stuff rule.. they need to think again... i saw some pro mage, rogue too...killing all.. hw they are going to explain that? Dev Team, pls seroiusly review before u change anything...
    Last edited by Hadezs; 01-19-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DEFENESTRATION View Post
    HOW about... A health bar on enemies?!? All other mobs have this, why didn't it occur to put them in PVP? At least to give me solace when I get WTFpwned. And it would allow us to give better feedback to you devs, being able to see what kind of damage our abilities and skills cause (or don't cause).
    agree with this one, we need to know our opponent hp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

free respecs! free respecs! free respecs!

if people already respecs, and yet there's still balance issues, then sure, a fix is needed.

but currently, a fix is not certain, since most ppl still rolling in pve/random builds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in pvp, hp is hidden.. we should not know thier hp... thumb of rule..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

dont fix anything let people work their way around the problems