Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

After having played one match of ctf, I agree that warriors are op (I am a lvl 21 warrior btw). Rogues deal a ton of damage, but warriors can outlast them depending on their build. However, with that said, a good rogue can still beat a good warrior. But, when push comes to shove, I give the warrior the slight edge over the rogue. On the other hand, mages are completely at a disadvantage because they die within a few hits. By the time the match ended, I had racked up 20 kills and died 5 times with all my deaths coming as a result of being jumped (I'm not complaining about jumping, it's part of the game and a valid strategy).

AL: Thermite (L 31 Warrior) | Thermate (L 41 Sorcerer) | Thermyte (L 18 Rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DEFENESTRATION View Post
    HOW about... A health bar on enemies?!? All other mobs have this, why didn't it occur to put them in PVP? At least to give me solace when I get WTFpwned. And it would allow us to give better feedback to you devs, being able to see what kind of damage our abilities and skills cause (or don't cause).
    This iss a great suggestion. With this you'll know what skill to use and when

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I have level 17 warrior. Currently 165 kills 21 deaths. Like 30 minutes ago i joined a game where i got 7 deaths by dogue who takes me down with one hit. I have ~600 armor and ~2500 health. That rogue Qiu or Qui got 102 kills in a game. He just one shot kill everyone. I think its some kind of cheat or classes are really unbalanced. Can you tell me is it normal or does he cheat. I dont like to get one hit death by lower level rogue. I have legendary set and weapon with 80 damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I saw that shot coming and boom i took like 3000 damage and died

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majora View Post
    dont fix anything let people work their way around the problems
    We dont need comments like these. The thread is mainly the community's feedback to improve pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I didn't have time to read this entire thread, but I see the same complaints over and over, so I think I'll comment on a couple of them:

1) Complaint: Rogues run out of mana too fast.

Answer: Maybe you need to spec more INT. If you want a rogue that hits hard enough to one-hit a mage, then you are going to be unbalanced. If you spec more INT, then you will hit slightly less hard, but have way more mana.

2) Complaint: Mages die too easily.

Answer: Mages are not tanks. If you try to tank with your mage, you will lose. Try staying away and hit with long ranged attacks. If you can keep your distance you will win every time. If the warrior or rogue closes the distance and gets in close range of you, then you will lose. This one issue will decide most battles.

As for my suggested changes, I'd like to see Mage Frost skill actually have some affect of at least slowing the enemy. Right now it seems to do nothing more than just cause damage. Also, I'm not sure why but I've had quite a few experiences where warriors seem to dodge my fireball attacks (the stun doesn't work on them), and I'm not sure why since warriors have terrible dodge.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-19-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patricks View Post
    Mages are like a bra from 1995. Offers support but poor support.
    Lol totally agree with u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it would be nice if mage frost bolt is doing well in pvp like it works to the monster and with a better speed i guess, wondering a warior can jump n also can buff themselves the speed wtf, its like a warrior have a more usefull supporting skill than mage

If the frost bolt doesnt frost anything so change the skill name with NO FROST BOLT lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    3 fights ....
    i probably can't even last 1/5 of a fight, walk up , see's a rogue, attack 1-3 times, dies.... end of story. xD
    ps im a mage
    Exactly! That's why I retired my Rogue even before PVP because of the really low mana regen problem. It got so annoying tapping the mana so often even though Pets with mana regen did help but not enough.

I never tried respec to a half STR/DEX build to have more health but I'm sure the rogue dmg would be considerably lower of course. I might start playing my Rogue again to try PVP once I get 1 mil again which might take a good while unless I score great drops to pay for the Rogue Pink armor/weapon/jewelry

Please, add a better way for Rogues to gain mana

On a positive note about class balance, My warrior felt a bit neglected but not now in PVP! It's really nice to play a warrior in PVP.

Mages in PVP are of course glass cannons but shield does help. If 2 warriors attack me, I'm a goner, so that's not too fun but just the way it is.

I would like mages to have a "stoneskin" like skill where for a certain period of seconds (more than 3 c'mon), Mage armor is doubled. That would make PVP more enjoyable instead of anticipating being smashed to a pulp despite all kinds of builds I have done spending at least 25 platinum in total.

Thanks for your time.

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Balancing seems fine. Possibly aside from that 1 shot thing people are talking about. That however isn't game breaking.

What needs to be added:
    Health Bars above players. (We need to know whether or not we're wasting our time fighting.. If my opponent is close to death, I'd like to know so I can tell what skills to use and when.)

When a player on your team has the flag, he should be visible on the map. Also, when a player on the enemy team has the flag, that player should be visible also to encourage teamwork/coordination.

Game "minimaps" in general need to be smaller and near the top corner of screen instead of all over the screen. (I know that's not PvP related really, but having the map out gets in the way more during PvP, though it's also necessary.)

When players come into the lobby, they should be automatically pre-selected to teams based on level in order to balance the games. (Too often I've had games where my team average level was ~12 and other team in the 16's, or vise versa. Not fun winning too easily or getting pwned without being able to do anything.)

If you enter with a party, you should be able to fight with that party. It'd be fun to pvp with my friends. (In order not to contradict my previous fix, lets say I go in with a friend: My friend and I would be first to be placed on a team and then solo players added to teams for best possible level balance for that lobby. I suppose this should be limited to like a 3 person party though possibly?)

PvP gear/items/costumes! In exchange for PvP currency. Possibly 1 token/win or something along those lines?

When a flag carrier has flag, there should be a small arrow pointing in the direction of that player's objective. Even though I know where I'm going, doesn't mean everyone does. And even sometimes I may get turned around, it happens :P

I'd have to agree that credit for the kill shouldn't come from the final killing blow, but what are the alternatives?
    Some games credit the kill to everyone who did damage. (Does this grant satisfaction of the kill? Depends on who you ask)
    Could determine kill based on who did most damage, but what if I do 2k damage to someone who has 1.5k max hp of course they were healing during the fight, they then fully heal to 100%. Then when that person is manatapped, my teammate comes along and solos the manatapped guy at full health, who'd get the kill then? That situation really eliminates this option.

More stats post game please: K/D, assists, damage done, damage healed, flags taken, carriers killed, etc. (This would encourage healing and allow us to see who's contributing, as well as allow us to provide you guys with better feedback!)

That's it for now, when I think of more suggestions, I'll definitely bring them up. Want to talk to me in game about the PvP? Send me a message in game: Sephirroth

Great game so far I'm loving it! ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I didn't have time to read this entire thread, but I see the same complaints over and over, so I think I'll comment on a couple of them:

1) Complaint: Rogues run out of mana too fast.

Answer: Maybe you need to spec more INT. If you want a rogue that hits hard enough to one-hit a mage, then you are going to be unbalanced. If you spec more INT, then you will hit slightly less hard, but have way more mana.

2) Complaint: Mages die too easily.

Answer: Mages are not tanks. If you try to tank with your mage, you will lose. Try staying away and hit with long ranged attacks. If you can keep your distance you will win every time. If the warrior or rogue closes the distance and gets in close range of you, then you will lose. This one issue will decide most battles.

As for my suggested changes, I'd like to see Mage Frost skill actually have some affect of at least slowing the enemy. Right now it seems to do nothing more than just cause damage. Also, I'm not sure why but I've had quite a few experiences where warriors seem to dodge my fireball attacks (the stun doesn't work on them), and I'm not sure why since warriors have terrible dodge.
    No matter how far back mages go, you still get hit with the overpowered aim shot. Also the warrior skill thats , im not sure what its called, thats the same range as a bow. Warriors arnt meant to have bow range attacks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yuriramos:935115
    No matter how far back mages go, you still get hit with the overpowered aim shot. Also the warrior skill thats , im not sure what its called, thats the same range as a bow. Warriors arnt meant to have bow range attacks.
    Warriors has throwing axe and skyward smash that actually brings us close to target. Smash can also stun for 1-2 seconds and its enough to get charged spin going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Default rogue mana

I got1/3 of points in int 1/3 in str 1/3 in dex. I still lose all 800 mana really fast and regen takes forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yuriramos View Post
    Yes, I see that happens a lot. Perhaps I need to figure out a way to avoid that. The main problem is that without screen rotation I never see it coming. Often times I'm dead before I even had a chance to press the heal button let alone start to fight back.

Yesterday I had a pretty good run but today I had a stretch at one point where I died about 20 times in a row without a kill. Probably had something to do with the fact that the other team was all rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

PvP gear/items/costumes! In exchange for PvP currency. Possibly 1 token/win or something along those lines?

was thinking exactly the same?!:0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

To All of The Developers out there, i will tell you the truth i'v got 3 characters lvl 21 with perfect weapons and all of them are will balanced , don't listen to these people that claim that it is not balanced ( they just trying to make their only character stronger and stronger regarding of the truth ). they will just have to find out what build they need and what strategy .
    Last edited by Kide2008; 01-20-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Warrior, lvl 21, 3k HP, 1k Armor... I'm getting killed by rogues with 2 shots. It's just 3 seconds and I'm dead. Being a tank now is one BIG JOKE...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'd say rogues are definitely OP. I'm a sorcerer with top gear, and I just can't kill rogues at all ever. I own all sorcerers, I kill about 95% of them when I encounter them 1-on-1. When it comes to warriors, I win about half of the time. And when it comes to rogues I die very quick every single time. When I went up against a team of 4 rogues earlier today, I died about 20 times and had no kills.

When fighting a rogue (if you can even call it a fight), I usually die before I get a chance to use any of my skills. I haven't played a rogue before, so I'm not familiar with their skills, but they leap at me from a long distance away (most times it's a surprise as I didn't see them coming because they started this leap from a place not visible on my screen) and then hit me, which results in my health going down to 20-30% (I have 1700 health), and at the same time I am stunned from this first hit. Then before I can use any of my skills (because I'm stunned), they finish me off with the next hit.

My solution as of now is to leave the game when there is more than one rogue on the other team and find a new game. It normally takes a few minutes of joining and quitting games, but I eventually find a suitable game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I just too lazy to read all the posts. Maybe this already bring up. Anyway here my opinion on the new AL's PvP

Balance or unbalance. Hard to define.

Here is my Viewpoint from my Mage with Top end Gears and countless of respec for different build tested

Vs Mighty ROGUE
    10 attempt with 9 dead.

ROGUE OP?
    One shot or two with a eyes blink sec in MMORPG's PVP is kinda lame. I must as well play shooting game with headshot.
    A charged Aim shot with 14m range (and crit) then follow with the Shadow Pierce hit. BOOM. u done for. (That only 2 skills needed for ROGUE, not to mention other bow skills that have long range)
    I try counter this with my 12m range fireball with stun. But the success rate is 0.01%
    So now whenever I see a ROGUE. Turn and run. Lol
    The only con is the low mana for ROGUE.
    My suggestion
    Increase mana. Nerf aim shot range and dmg for rogue.

Vs Warrior
    I like to fight warrior. Long and epic fight.
    They have high armor and health but low dmg output.
    So the Mage vs Warrior so far is more balance for me. (50/50 fight)

Vs Mage
    Nothing much to said. Depend on what your build. My build usually owned all kind of Mage

Anyway, all above fight is 1v1 encounter. I know CTF in AL is more to team work.
    Overall, if 2 good teams with different class should be more balance and fun fight.
    Now the problem is you take forever to join your teammates.

Hope GvG (leaderboard as well)is introduce in near future else I don't see the point having a Guild with all the dramas.

PS: when you with flag. I dont know why the Mage gale force speed didn't work but Rouge's shadow pierce and Warrior's Smash stomp work well. So this need to balance too.

That's all for now. I may give more feedback if I encounter any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I joined these forums for one reason nerf Rogue. She is way too powerful. So many times i played games with rogues where they get over 20 kills. They can 1 shot KO a sorcerer. There are many people I seen say if rogue doesn't get weaker I quit. So I won't be the only customer quitting if Rogue doesn't get nerfed. I think warrior is balanced, nerf rogue a lot in damage and buff sorcerer's health.
    I have a lvl 21 warrior and lvl 21 sorcerer.