Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I have been playing warrior at lvl 17 in pvp and im able to kill almost every rogue i face. Key thing is to get shields on and spin. During spin charge normal attack and rogue is stunned after that skyward smash and rogue should be dead
    Not too hard if you know what to do. Sorcerers are a bit weak because they die as fast as rogues and does low damage to me. Also if i run around with rogue, we can easily defeat 5 opponets coming to our flag gem room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I must post this here... Despite all the talk of imbalance. I can win most 1v1s, and many 1v2s.

I would argue that nobody can beat me 1v1... Accepting challenges.

I'm a sorc.

If you don't believe me, add me in game and let's play! :]
    Username : Jimmeh
    Guild Name : Arcane Energy
    Position : Guildmaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh:935822
    I must post this here... Despite all the talk of imbalance. I can win most 1v1s, and many 1v2s.

I would argue that nobody can beat me 1v1... Accepting challenges.

I'm a sorc.

If you don't believe me, add me in game and let's play! :]
    Whats your ign and level? I can farm you littlebit if you are something like level 17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    L16 ctf feedback on rogues~

Rogues have an absolutely horrible amount mana. My mana is 385, most rogues have under that. Now, the thing is that we rogues can't fully fight/ defend flag because by the time we kill ONE person, we lose all mana and then were dead. We can't even last 3 fights...and don't get me started on mana regen, about 1/sec...

Suggestion: bump up mana and mana regen on L16 gear.
    Actually ive pvped with a 16 rogue and its kinda true. I have shadow piercer, aimed shot and noxious bolt. They're really powerful and since there are only 3 skills i dont use much mana. Also they cause a lot of damage at once. But to counter that mana problem i put a lot of my points into the intelligence to raise my mana pool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icantcry:935834
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    L16 ctf feedback on rogues~

Rogues have an absolutely horrible amount mana. My mana is 385, most rogues have under that. Now, the thing is that we rogues can't fully fight/ defend flag because by the time we kill ONE person, we lose all mana and then were dead. We can't even last 3 fights...and don't get me started on mana regen, about 1/sec...

Suggestion: bump up mana and mana regen on L16 gear.
    Actually ive pvped with a 16 rogue and its kinda true. I have shadow piercer, aimed shot and noxious bolt. They're really powerful and since there are only 3 skills i dont use much mana. Also they cause a lot of damage at once. But to counter that mana problem i put a lot of my points into the intelligence to raise my mana pool.
    I play with lvl 9 rogue. 1/3 int 1/3 str 1/3 dex. Mana is low but regens fast, just sit in corner

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Rogue 1 shot kills are seriously bad, but not impossible to overcome. Still could be nerfed. However the range on bow is absolutely ridiculous, making getting away (or hitting rogues from range) super difficult.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like many have said before me, there is a huge imbalance in PvP combat. Rogues are hands down the best, even when they aren't maxed out. They are faster, can do more damage from further away, and have a much better chance of avoiding damage because of their ability to jump all the way across the screen. Not only does that make them the best killers, they also make the best flag runners for the same reason. Warriors come in a close second. They have tons of hitpoints, and can do a fair amount of damage in a short period of time. They also have the invulnerability shield for 2 seconds, which can really give them an advantage because most battles only last a few seconds. They can jump, but not as far, and they dont have the aimed shot, which makes them not quite as good as rogue, but okay nonetheless.
    Now we get to sorcerers (that's me). SIGH.... Sorcerers are at a HUMONGOUS disadvantage to both warriors and rogues. Because most are maxed in intelligence, and we get sucky armor, sorcerers typically have very low health/armor compared to other classes. They usually make up for this by being able to do stuff like freeze enemies, knock them down with fireballs, stop them in a bubble of time, and being able to hit a whole group at once with these effects, not to mention the highest DPS possible. But in PvP combat, these "special effects" of the sorcerer powers have been severely weakened, players are mostly immune to our powers. I agree that being able to continuously freeze an enemy player would be hugely unfair, but you have not weakened the aimed shot or as far as I can tell any other abilities except mages. Since we have terrible health, lowest armor class, and are also the slowest of the 3 characters, there is very little chance of us getting the flag all the way across the map alive. If we could knock our opponents down with fireballs, stop them in time, or freeze them briefly, that would perhaps change things. I play this game enough to see the trends that follow an upgrade in content, and here is my prediction. After 2 weeks there will be very few if any sorcerer class players in PvP. The ones that stay will eventually get tired of getting their butts kicked and find something else to do. As For me im already tired of it, last time I played PvP I died 10 times, killed 0 enemies, and captured no flags. I have been able to get 4 flags across in maybe 15 games, and I have killed maybe a fifth as many people as I have been killed by. So yea, in conclusion, I think some revision would help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yuriramos View Post
    I did a survey too on the lb. Its infested by rogues. Now tell me this is not op.
    just because rogues can effextivle steal kills by jumping in a fight while when the enemy is weak or firing a random arrow into a huge battle feom the side line doesnt make the class overpowered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

As a rogue its rare for me to beat a mage in a 1on1 fight the stun and shield makes you guys unstoppable. You guys just complain because you want to be able to go on a rampage without dyind. all the classea are balanced. rogue kill warriors, mages kill rogues, and warriors kill mages, that sounds balanced to me given the fact that CTF is a team based game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicoB View Post
    just because rogues can effextivle steal kills by jumping in a fight while when the enemy is weak or firing a random arrow into a huge battle feom the side line doesnt make the class overpowered
    ok. Rogues are so weak that they get the most kills all the time. You win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yuriramos View Post
    ok. Rogues are so weak that they get the most kills all the time. You win.
    weak class equals a lot of power. Same with mages...they actually do more damge except for aimed shot. mages destroy rogues but you dont see any rogues complaining about it. if it wasnt for aimed shot mages would dominate rogues. right now it nice and even. most of my come feom mages. Theres a lot of mahes that would agree that mages arent underpowered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

weak class equals a lot of power. Same with mages...they actually do more damge except for aimed shot. mages destroy rogues but you dont see any rogues complaining about it. if it wasnt for aimed shot mages would dominate rogues. right now it nice and even. most of my come feom mages. Theres a lot of mahes that would agree that mages arent underpowered
    Lol its so funny, mage destroy rogue ? So why lot of sorc complaining here bro ? Are u scared if the pvp is balancing ? Cz u talk alot of **** here using mage name, i know u rogue dont be selfish brother, cz im also a rogue n a sorc too, this gamee is made for fun but when there is no fun anymore there will be complain by the underpowered class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a rogue its rare for me to beat a mage in a 1on1 fight the stun and shield makes you guys unstoppable. You guys just complain because you want to be able to go on a rampage without dyind. all the classea are balanced. rogue kill warriors, mages kill rogues, and warriors kill mages, that sounds balanced to me given the fact that CTF is a team based game
    If its rare for u too beat mage in 1on1 my suggest try look at your eq, stat n skill and your gameplay bro dont make a joke likethis here... im a rogue too and id love to hunt sorc by1 in pvp just 1shoot +1hit n die lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

weak class equals a lot of power. Same with mages...they actually do more damge except for aimed shot.
    Its the aimed shot skill that mainly makes the rogues op. Come on, one hit kill with a ridiculous range, theres just no talent and skill in it. You say mages own rogue but rogues not complainin? Thats because it happens rarely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

weak class equals a lot of power. Same with mages...they actually do more damge except for aimed shot.
    Its the aimed shot skill that mainly makes the rogues op. Come on, one hit kill with a ridiculous range, theres just no talent and skill in it. You say mages own rogue but rogues not complainin? Thats because it happens rarely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sorcerer die like KFC chicken by Rogue in PvP

lvl 21 fully geared Rogue can easly kill lvl 21 fully gear sorcerer

1 aimed shot 2 speed hit and sorcerer dead lol

rogue can kill mage, warrior easly but mage cant kill rogue and warrior fast

and m not talking about noobs lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can any of y'all use your pets b.c I see some playing with theirs but I can't also have any of you had problems with controls getting stuck or is it just me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I dont need to spec i kill more warriors than mages all day,in fact. most of my kills come from warriors and other rogues my build is fine. maybe you guys arent playing very good mages. When i get hit with the firball stun I'm stuned long enough for them kill me more beore it wears off. happens quite a lot. i dont mind since i can one shot them once in a while. with right skill set amd build mages can do just fine (need free respecs). any mage that can respec should be using the sheild, its the most effective skill by far. reduces aimed shot dmg to 100-130. I fires a aimed shot at a magee with the shield up just to see wat happens and i crited 130 dmg. Whenever i play CTF i team up with a mage if theres one on my team rather than another rogue or warrior because mages make the best teammates. if mages are sooo underpowered like a lot you say, then i would just go solo. I'm not afraid of a balance or buff or watever you wana call it. I'm just annoyed by some of the people that want to constantly whine. We beed free respecs for the people who cant or dont buy enough plat to try different builds. I'm telling man, get it right and your mage will destroy. ive been playin pvp since it came out and ive seen a lot of mages make a lot of progress deom getting squished to chopping down rogues and warriors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GANGWAR View Post
    lvl 21 fully geared Rogue can easly kill lvl 21 fully gear sorcerer

1 aimed shot 2 speed hit and sorcerer dead lol

rogue can kill mage, warrior easly but mage cant kill rogue and warrior fast

and m not talking about noobs lol
    I cant do that anymore lol unless a mage runs out of mana, but its the same wen a rogue runs out of mana aswell. as a rogue its easier to kill other rogues than it is to kill mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

What would be useful is if you could look at the list of character's names and see a little symbol next to each name telling you which class each person is. I waste a lot of time because I don't know this. If I could just tell by looking then I would know which games to play and which to leave immediately. Not interested in playing a team of 5 that has more than 2 rogues.