Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Capture the Flag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    I like pets too, but right now we have zero pets in pvp, so I'm trying to suggest a comprimise.

Why make them invisible? Well, if they aren't actually doing anything, then we don't need to see them. Plus adding ten pets to the narrow halls of the pvp areas could get a little crowded, visually speaking.
    Sam Haynes has already said Pets will be reintroduced in PVP. I certainly hope they are very visible. I've seen a lot of pets before they patched it, and no hallways got crowded. It was fun having them there and my pets kept me buffed. The people with chrome even were able to activate the pets arcane ability in addition to the happiness bonus everyone got if the pets were happy that is.

I still would like to see Pet battles but I doubt it because it would be too complicated for STS but I look forward to seeing what they will do with pets in PVP in the future.

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladycandyheal View Post
    Sam Haynes has already said Pets will be reintroduced in PVP. I certainly hope they are very visible. I've seen a lot of pets before they patched it, and no hallways got crowded. It was fun having them there and my pets kept me buffed. The people with chrome even were able to activate the pets arcane ability in addition to the happiness bonus everyone got if the pets were happy that is.

I still would like to see Pet battles but I doubt it because it would be too complicated for STS but I look forward to seeing what they will do with pets in PVP in the future.
    Ah, cool. I must have missed the post where he said that. My main concern with pets is the happiness bonus, as I feel this is an integral element of our character build. So it's good to know we'll be bringing them along in PvP at some point.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Rogues with mana regen? Gonna hurt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

an auto balance that limits the quantity of each class on a team would be nice, so you dont get more than 2 members of each class on one team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think the whole kill/death thing is a little wonky in pvp.

PvP stats should have "deathblows", "kills" and "solo kills". Currently we just have deathblows.

PvP stats should NOT have deaths because it just encourages people not to fight or to only fight when they have odds (2v1, 3v1, etc). The whole problem of most matches degenerating and ending because one team all leaves is because once one team has more people (and those people start rolling together as a group) there is no incentive to play (odds are slim you get a kill and odds are high you die a bunch).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yuriramos View Post
    at the end of the match. its always the rogue with most kills and points.
    I totally disagree. I'm a Lvl 21 rogue with 150 Damage and I get killed all the time. Think I run too slow or am just bad at PVP!! Tried many times to capture the flag. Captured it but it seems to deplete my health every step. Is that normal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noixlml View Post
    I totally disagree. I'm a Lvl 21 rogue with 150 Damage and I get killed all the time. Think I run too slow or am just bad at PVP!! Tried many times to capture the flag. Captured it but it seems to deplete my health every step. Is that normal?
    Your health ticks down when you have the flag, normal. I wouldn't carry the flag as a rogue/mage unless you have some heal or are running with someone who does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So my 2cents:

PVP needs auto balance teams, once it becomes 1v3, 2v4, etc next death moves you to other team.
    On entering the arena you should not allow people to join a team that already has more players in it.
    You should not be able to cap the flag if the opposing team has yours. Promotes defense and attack, teamwork.
    To stop spawn killing, once you die you should receive a 5 second invulnerability when you respawn.

More to come as i think about it. Liking it so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

CTF will start when each team has at least three players. But if one team has 2 player first, then one of them quit for some reason, any other player join this team the game will start with only 2 player in this team. Hope the timer can recognize how many player at the moment, not how many player came.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Slow movement bug still exists. Occasionally even i ate speed boost, i still move like a turtle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

depending on where you are relative to your opponent on the map, sometimes they can see you and you can't see them so...

but I guess you can't change that since it's locked camera

edit: unless you make the walls seethrough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

the pvp system in AL is absolutely stupid. as i stated in another post, it is totally broken. i as a warrior will stand there the whole fight dealing dmg and surviving while others die and restart yet come back hit someone one time and steal my kill, when i should get credit since i did all the dmg and survived. the pvp kill system needs to be based off dmg, whoever does the most dmg gets the kill count, because whats happening now is allowing kids who suck to get good pvp kills ratios by just following good players and sneaking in for the final hit, its absurd and its a retard system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

The threads are getting longer, and this may have been suggested already, so apologies if it has. I would like to suggest the following:
    - A safe zone spawning area, i.e. with a barrier similar to when the game starts. The player can exit the are when he/she feels it's safe (and cannot go back in).
    - Would it be a good idea to be able to exit out of the game from the safety area without collecting a 'death point'? I understand that you get a 'death point' if you leave the game, as it is the risk when you step into the arena. However, if the situation has become 5v1, then without this safety barrier, you're pretty much a free kill indefinitely, as I know and have seen, some players will delay taking the flag to finish the game to bump up kill numbers.

Another suggestion too that may or may not be a good idea, but I'll throw it in To avoid the situation of 5v1, 4v1, 3v1- if there was a chance where a member of team with a higher number is killed, this person spawns in the safety area and is not allowed back into the arena until a new players joins the team with the lower number. So in essence a team would only have one higher number more whilst inside the arena and people who spawned will be in the safety zone until the game balances out.

What do you guys think?
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think it would be good if they introduce pets, but not the pets actually attacking, only the happiness bonus, and possibly any buffs given from the arcane ability. But no attacks from pets or that will just get a little bit complicated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

pets with abilities will make pvp/ctf a much more strategical game though

if you want only the pet bonus it's gonna be like pl...as the game lvls go higher people kill each other faster...really no strat and comes down to luck & who clicks the skills first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    if you want only the pet bonus it's gonna be like pl...as the game lvls go higher people kill each other faster...really no strat and comes down to luck & who clicks the skills first
    Faster? I die in one hit from a rogue. How can it be any faster? LOL

PL PvP is slow compared to AL.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

CFT is breaking down. i joined about 10 games today. about 5 of them ppl just all join in one side. waiting for 3 ppl join others that they make a meal out of it. also a lot ppl left game for deing killed just twice. pls do something about it. i just join the game and leave the game all day .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish View Post
    CFT is breaking down. i joined about 10 games today. about 5 of them ppl just all join in one side. waiting for 3 ppl join others that they make a meal out of it. also a lot ppl left game for deing killed just twice. pls do something about it. i just join the game and leave the game all day .
    Most leaderboard folks do this and act like twinks have easier farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Faster? I die in one hit from a rogue. How can it be any faster? LOL

PL PvP is slow compared to AL.
    1hit drain at 76? or l9 beck+stomp?

pets add a variety of abilities & would fo sho make ctf more colorful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the level cap in each room still not fixed. I have level 14 rogue and i patied with level 20 palyers

AL-Dwinsible lv.21 WARRIOR