Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Totally not fair and unbalance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

@Datswatshesed - you tooled my Rogue over quite a few times :-) Awesome matches!

It all comes down to skill - player skill, not skill abilities. Understand what tools you've got at your disposal and use them effectively. Yes, my rogue can one hit some players, or take people down with a couple of quick hits, but I have also come across warriors who stun me, beat me up, make themselves invincible at the moment that my Aimed Shot charges and then stun me again for the kill. Same goes for Mages who hit me with a fireball, knock me down, launch shield and close in for the kill.

For my Rogue, the secret sauce is hit hard, do as much damage as possible in a short time frame and disengage. Rogues don't have enough armor to engage two or three opponents to win consistently. For me, I start with a charged Aimed Shot, an uncharged Nox Bolt, an uncharged Shadow Piercer and a charged attack. If that doesn't kill my opponent, I charge Shadow Piercer to get in one more hit and disengage. Almost every death I have encountered is because I am double/triple teamed, or I was unable to disengage from my opponent. Tactics play a huge role in CTF, which is why it has been so satisfying thus far.

Personally, I think it is very balanced right now.

What I have noticed is that with most games, there is no sense of teamwork. The best games that I've played used a Warrior to carry the flag, with another warrior and a rogue/mage as backup to kill and tank. Most of the times, I haven't seen a high level of cooperation, with each player going off, getting cornered and killed. Stay together folks - not too hard to do. Keep the pack together with players breaking off to initiate combat, leaving the flag carrier free to reach the goal.

My KDR is not that good because I understand my role in CTF. I am there to be a killing machine and meat for the grinder so my team can score. If I can keep two or three opponents engaged for just a few seconds while the flag carrier proceeds, then I've done my job. My other responsibility is seek and destroy the opposing flag carrier - so even if I can't record the kill, but I can weaken the opponents pack enough so that a backup mage or rogue can finish the kill, then, again, I've done my job.

CTF can be summed up as this:

- Know your skills
    - Know your role
    - Utilize your teammates
    - Stay together

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Maybe, for Pvp, you could make it so that the Armor Ratio used to calculate Damage Reduction % is slightly increased that way all damage is slightly reduced and there can be more strategy and skill and less instant killing. It doesn't have to be much, just a slight change to this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i have warrior, in pvp i am only capturing the flag and couldnt kill anyone because of my dps 90 , but my armor 920 so now i decided to only capture the flag, dont mess with rouges...when i got the flag, going directly to base, i use buffs and they couldnt kill me till arrive base.

in pvp arena , there is speed buffs, unfortunately when i got the flag it is not effective !