Thread: PvP Suggestions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default PvP Suggestions

I wanted this to be its own thread so Devs could take a look see as I'm fairly sure these suggestions we'd all like to see.

What needs to be added:

Health Bars above players. (We need to know whether or not we're wasting our time fighting.. If my opponent is close to death, I'd like to know so I can tell what skills to use and when.)

When a player on your team has the flag, he should be visible on the map. Also, when a player on the enemy team has the flag, that player should be visible also to encourage teamwork/coordination.

When players come into the lobby, they should be automatically pre-selected to teams based on level in order to balance the games. (Too often I've had games where my team average level was ~12 and other team in the 16's, or vise versa. Not fun winning too easily or getting pwned without being able to do anything.)

If you enter with a party, you should be able to fight with that party. It'd be fun to pvp with my friends. (In order not to contradict my previous fix, lets say I go in with a friend: My friend and I would be first to be placed on a team and then solo players added to teams for best possible level balance for that lobby. I suppose this should be limited to like a 3 person party though possibly?)

PvP gear/items/costumes! In exchange for PvP currency. Possibly 1 token/win or something along those lines?

When a flag carrier has flag, there should be a small arrow pointing in the direction of that player's objective. Even though I know where I'm going, doesn't mean everyone does. And even sometimes I may get turned around, it happens :P

There's a general consensus in the PvP forums that credit for the kill shouldn't come from the final killing blow, but what are the alternatives?
    Some games credit the kill to everyone who did damage. (Does this grant satisfaction of the kill? Depends on who you ask)
    Could determine kill based on who did most damage, but what if I do 2k damage to someone who has 1.5k max hp of course they were healing during the fight, they then fully heal to 100%. Then when that person is manatapped, my teammate comes along and solos the manatapped guy at full health, who'd get the kill then? That situation really eliminates this option.

Option to duel people in the game world. (With of course, a menu option to auto decline duel invites for non-pvpers.) This allows testing of skills/builds etc.

More stats post game please: K/D, assists, damage done, damage healed, flags taken, carriers killed, etc. (This would encourage healing and allow us to see who's contributing, as well as allow us to provide you guys with better feedback!)

Edits:

Penalties for those that quit out of games (after balancing arrangements take place)

Timer so dominant team can't stack kills indefinitely (about 10-15 minutes should be appropriate)

Team chat should be the default chat instead of everyone in the zone being able to see what's being said. (For obvious strategic reasons.)

Option to unlock an alternate skill build for our character. (since pvp wasn't a feature in the game when we first made our characters, this unlock should be fairly cheap devs!)

That's it for now, when I think of more suggestions, I'll definitely bring them up. Want to talk to me in game about the PvP? Send me a message in game: Sephirroth or Kagurra
    Last edited by KR1T1K4L; 01-22-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by KR1T1K4L View Post
    I wanted this to be its own thread so Devs could take a look see as I'm fairly sure these suggestions we'd all like to see.

<...>

More stats post game please: K/D, assists, damage done, damage healed, flags taken, carriers killed, etc. (This would encourage healing and allow us to see who's contributing, as well as allow us to provide you guys with better feedback!)

That's it for now, when I think of more suggestions, I'll definitely bring them up. Want to talk to me in game about the PvP? Send me a message in game: Sephirroth
    I really like the idea of more game stats. Thumbs up, my friend

I would add Leaderboard Class Distinctions to the list of suggestions .. PvP Kills/Caps by Warrior, Rogue, Sorc, etc. Data is awesome.
    Username : Jimmeh
    Guild Name : Arcane Energy
    Position : Guildmaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Secondary skill build is needed.

A PVE build and PVP build for every class will be different and its a joke to expect people to spec and respec for 5 plat if they want to min/max for the two game formats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KR1T1K4L View Post

What needs to be added:

Health Bars above players. (We need to know whether or not we're wasting our time fighting.. If my opponent is close to death, I'd like to know so I can tell what skills to use and when.)

no, life bars should stay hidden.
    When a player on your team has the flag, he should be visible on the map. Also, when a player on the enemy team has the flag, that player should be visible also to encourage teamwork/coordination.

yes when your team has the enemy flag you should see a symbol on the minimap.
    No, you shouldn't see the enemies flag runner. There is more strategy in hiding the flag then letting it be known to everyone

Game "minimaps" in general need to be smaller and near the top corner of screen instead of all over the screen. (I know that's not PvP related really, but having the map out gets in the way more during PvP, though it's also necessary.)

No, this is perfect, it helps so much. Especially when your on a phone.

When players come into the lobby, they should be automatically pre-selected to teams based on level in order to balance the games. (Too often I've had games where my team average level was ~12 and other team in the 16's, or vise versa. Not fun winning too easily or getting pwned without being able to do anything.)

this would be acceptable, if only in the future there is GvG. My guild wants to play together. So right now it's the only way. Ik we end up being op. but it's fun to play with your guild.

If you enter with a party, you should be able to fight with that party. It'd be fun to pvp with my friends. (In order not to contradict my previous fix, lets say I go in with a friend: My friend and I would be first to be placed on a team and then solo players added to teams for best possible level balance for that lobby. I suppose this should be limited to like a 3 person party though possibly?)

yes

PvP gear/items/costumes! In exchange for PvP currency. Possibly 1 token/win or something along those lines?

yes, but one token per winning a whole round. One for each 2 for each on winning team, one for losing team. This is to keep people from rage quit ing a round.

When a flag carrier has flag, there should be a small arrow pointing in the direction of that player's objective. Even though I know where I'm going, doesn't mean everyone does. And even sometimes I may get turned around, it happens :P

yes, but not needed.

There's a general consensus in the PvP forums that credit for the kill shouldn't come from the final killing blow, but what are the alternatives?
    Some games credit the kill to everyone who did damage. (Does this grant satisfaction of the kill? Depends on who you ask)
    Could determine kill based on who did most damage, but what if I do 2k damage to someone who has 1.5k max hp of course they were healing during the fight, they then fully heal to 100%. Then when that person is manatapped, my teammate comes along and solos the manatapped guy at full health, who'd get the kill then? That situation really eliminates this option.

no, it is fine.

Option to duel people in the game world. (With of course, a menu option to auto decline duel invites for non-pvpers.) This allows testing of skills/builds etc.

A 1v1 will come in the future I am sure of it.

nope

That's it for now, when I think of more suggestions, I'll definitely bring them up. Want to talk to me in game about the PvP? Send me a message in game: Sephirroth
    My answers above in bold.

-Vystirch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

yes, but one token per winning a whole round. One for each 2 for each on winning team, one for losing team. This is to keep people from rage quit ing a round.

Rewarding someone for not quitting? That was something I was going to add actually. There should be a penalty for quitting once they fix level arrangements for entry. Such as you cant re-que for pvp for maybe 5 minutes or so. Please devs don't take this guys' opinion into consideration, as rewarding any player who enters the pvp arena would foster botting!
    Last edited by KR1T1K4L; 01-22-2013 at 10:57 PM.