Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solution to PVP issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Lightbulb Solution to PVP issue

People always talk about rushing or not. What is right? Someone invented the "go-system" and it have become a sort of standard in PVP games. The disadvantage about the go-system is that people anyway can rush you, when you're not ready for it. Therefore, I suggest a new form of PVP map!

We already have "Ordinary" PVP maps, from the beginning created for FFA. FFA is possible, while some people recommends the go-system.
    We also have CTF-maps.

As you can see, we got three types of PVP battle - FFA, CTF and GO-system (duels) - but only two types of maps. My suggestion to STS is to create a type of "Duel area" where people can challenging each other without being attacked without both agreed on a duel. My thoughts is that one people should be able to challenge another in a duel while that person got a question where he could decline or accept. When accept, both are ready to go. This solution takes care of all PVP types and separates FFA from duels.

I've seen the devs talking about implement safe gates into FFA, but I rather see them put that time into this suggestion instead.

I know this solution have appeared here on the forum before, but I guess it's time for the PVP in PL to change. So guys, what do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Make like a towne called battle arena or something. Or when you host pvp games you can add a title to the game, for example 'Come if you want FFA.' Whilst other titles of pvp games could be '1v1 only or boot.'
    <LIMITED>

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caztori View Post
    People always talk about rushing or not. What is right? Someone invented the "go-system" and it have become a sort of standard in PVP games. The disadvantage about the go-system is that people anyway can rush you, when you're not ready for it. Therefore, I suggest a new form of PVP map!

We already have "Ordinary" PVP maps, from the beginning created for FFA. FFA is possible, while some people recommends the go-system.
    We also have CTF-maps.

As you can see, we got three types of PVP battle - FFA, CTF and GO-system (duels) - but only two types of maps. My suggestion to STS is to create a type of "Duel area" where people can challenging each other without being attacked without both agreed on a duel. My thoughts is that one people should be able to challenge another in a duel while that person got a question where he could decline or accept. When accept, both are ready to go. This solution takes care of all PVP types and separates FFA from duels.

I've seen the devs talking about implement safe gates into FFA, but I rather see them put that time into this suggestion instead.

I know this solution have appeared here on the forum before, but I guess it's time for the PVP in PL to change. So guys, what do you think?
    Rushers wouldnt be happy if they weren't able to rush innocent people.. That's what makes them laugh..
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

I like it. I suggested almost the same thing over a year ago.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Rushers wouldnt be happy if they weren't able to rush innocent people.. That's what makes them laugh..
    Lol, we gotta have to introduce the rushers to each other

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noelx View Post
    Make like a towne called battle arena or something. Or when you host pvp games you can add a title to the game, for example 'Come if you want FFA.' Whilst other titles of pvp games could be '1v1 only or boot.'
    Ya! A big area where ppl just could join is an alternative!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Or... Add a duelling system in towns, inspect someone and click duel, they have to accept and then you fight. That way PvP is for fighting, rather than having a tea party and a chat. If people want to 1v1, they can duel
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Or... Add a duelling system in towns, inspect someone and click duel, they have to accept and then you fight. That way PvP is for fighting, rather than having a tea party and a chat. If people want to 1v1, they can duel
    Exactly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

they already have a 1v1 pvp map...seems like most of you want that..we've made numerous threads about changes to pvp, let them balance it before they start creating new maps.
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

The town idea is awesome that way all the people who think Pvp is a place to socialize and hang out an say go maybe once a game can sit in town where they belong and people who like to Pvp can Pvp! There should be no special Pvp maps. Pvp was made for FFA. If it wasn't you wouldnt be able ingage an enemy without the key to every k/d thirsty noob "go"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    The town idea is awesome that way all the people who think Pvp is a place to socialize and hang out an say go maybe once a game can sit in town where they belong and people who like to Pvp can Pvp! There should be no special Pvp maps. Pvp was made for FFA. If it wasn't you wouldnt be able ingage an enemy without the key to every k/d thirsty noob "go"
    agreed

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Multibird For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo:929924

^^^^^
    gf.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Default Solution to PVP issue

There's already a Pvp desert duel, 1 vs 1

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caztori View Post

We also have CTF-maps.

WOO! Ur right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    I think I love you..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iRusher View Post
    I think I love you..
    ^_^ love you all to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned but I like pvp how it is. It's the thrill of anticipating whether your enemy will rush or not, and responding accordingly, that makes the game so fun for me, anyways...

Once FFA and 1v1 become separate, we will begin to see even more of a huge division in the game (as if pve and pvp wasn't enough as it is). These "kd thirsty noobs" as Rushor informed us, will easily enligh get their kd ratios and look better than ever. Everyone likes looking good, so FFA will become more dead than ever.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post
    they already have a 1v1 pvp map...seems like most of you want that..we've made numerous threads about changes to pvp, let them balance it before they start creating new maps.
    It's still not true 1v1 though because no go system and you can hover over their spawn spot.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Some kid rushed me today, so I said: let's go private 1 v 1? His response? I ain't got time for that, then he left.

If you wanna do 1v1 FFA, that's fine. But when I get spawn killed or have 2-3 people simultaneously rush me, really? Seems 56-61 CTF is a joke, so I really only do end game CTF. I see a lot of private games, now I understand why.

PL: Flawless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Im surprised with all of the brilliant minds around, no one has found this out. The "go system" makes sense in any kind of twinking level, NOT ENDGAME!!! Why is that? When your team loses in an endgame ffa, there are several things you can blame it on. Teammates skill, lag, gear etc... Something that hardcore endgamers fail to grasp is that some people CHOOSE not to be the highest level. At endgame, if you continuously get trashed because you have crappy ping, then get a new device/connection. If you're losing because you have an uncrafted set, well guess what, buy a crafted set. Mad cuz your teammates suck? Make some friends or join a guild, then you wont have tha problem.

So whats the difference at low level/twinking levels? The level difference. If no one called and everyone just did constant ffa, 51-55 would get trashed by 56 glyph nubs and then theyd just level up because theyre tired of getting beaten. Then what? Trashed by 61s.. What about ffas? Well a smart team of 3 will just host a game 5 levels below their own with an alternate toon and then constant ffa against whoever joins and theyll rack up tons of free kills with no punishment because every other player just does ffa non stop. At really low levels, you get skills when you level up so being just 1 level under your opponent will set you at a huge disadvantage.

You dont have problems like that at endgame, so constant ffa is possible and can stay fair, so long as teaming and spawning is avoided. So like I said earlier, the go system was made for lower levels.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Yich For This Useful Post: