Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My opinions on AL PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Default My opinions on AL PvP

A lot of people have given feedback on things we believe should change in AL pvp/ctf. The stun for one stays on way to long and that's if the opposing team doesn't keep a constant stun on you. Rouges are dashing through walls and pets are in the arena. Mages are being hit once and dying from rouges. Mages have no chance against a maxed out warrior with a heal shield simply not happening. I have tried all classes and same with a few others and we all see mages at the short end of the stick.

If you have an idea or solution post here.
    Last edited by Justg; 01-22-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Much less drama
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azefekie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

my opinion is play with a group/friends ive fought with 4-5mages in a groupand they are unstoppable. just now most people play by self. a lone mage can easily be picked.

mages are key in winning in a group fight
    bcoz.of.the fireball that cancels charge.skills. which then makes most warrior's shield delayed.
    Last edited by Cero; 01-22-2013 at 01:42 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Remember this is in beta plz.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

i tend to get in trouble when i say something sarcastic, so i'll be nice. This isn't our first STS game and we know this is beta...please don't comment on here thinking I'm stupid. do it somewhere else ty
    Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Remember this is in beta plz.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    my opinion is play with a group/friends ive fought with 4-5mages in a groupand they are unstoppable. just now most people play by self. a lone mage can easily be picked.

mages are key in winning in a group fight
    bcoz.of.the fireball that cancels charge.skills. which then makes most warrior's shield delayed.
    I agree 100% because when I'm confronted by a group of mages who know what they are doing, my warrior is going to die unless team mates help me. They are deadly period when grouped up.

I noticed some have caught on to this but is hard to organize without team chat. Sadly, I see many a lone Mage while other Mage team mates don't group with them

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Being in a group still has nothing to do with rouges one hitting mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post
    Being in a group still has nothing to do with rouges one hitting mages
    Rogues also one hit rogues. So its not just sorcerors.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

No one can one hit the mighty Warriors!

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I agree aze, but it is beta. I understand you are saying that the feedback needs to be noted for the full release. Imo though there are some sorc builds coming out thats actually working.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

i tend to get in trouble when i say something sarcastic, so i'll be nice. This isn't our first STS game and we know this is beta...please don't comment on here thinking I'm stupid. do it somewhere else ty
    There is no slander in my sentence. If you feel offended then I am sry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I do pretty well on my mage but the problem is right now that if you want to last longer you have to waste 2 of your 4 skill slots shield and heal. this limits toons and makes it boring if you have to rely on these 2 skills the entire time.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    I agree aze, but it is beta. I understand you are saying that the feedback needs to be noted for the full release. Imo though there are some sorc builds coming out thats actually working.
    Last edited by azefekie; 01-22-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I do pretty well on my mage but the problem is right now that if you want to last longer you have to waste 2 of your 4 skill slots shield and heal. this limits toons and makes it boring if you have to rely on these 2 skills the entire time.
    In fairness we all have to "waste" points in skills to give us an advantage

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i use to think mages got the short end of the stick but I've run into several today and last night that did really well. It seems like mages are figuring out some good builds now. I'm a rogue and I used to chase mages to get easy kills but we can't one hit them anymore with their shield activated then fireball or ice can take us down.

I feel like the classes are pretty balanced right now with warriors being on top, then rogues then mages shortly after rogues.

Like aedenos says, I also have to "waste" 4 skill points in passive mana and 20 stat points in int so I have enough mana to last for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    i use to think mages got the short end of the stick but I've run into several today and last night that did really well. It seems like mages are figuring out some good builds now. I'm a rogue and I used to chase mages to get easy kills but we can't one hit them anymore with their shield activated then fireball or ice can take us down.

I feel like the classes are pretty balanced right now with warriors being on top, then rogues then mages shortly after rogues.

Like aedenos says, I also have to "waste" 4 skill points in passive mana and 20 stat points in int so I have enough mana to last for a while.
    I think your analysis is correct. We are pretty balanced. Mages are just starting to find out what works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Eh. There's always going to be a sorc that hides in the crowd and spams KS skills, and everyone will think that sorcs are good because of that. But really, some of the sorc cc isn't functioning properly, and I think that's what people are really complaining about. Sorc cc understandably got nerfed to prevent stunlocking, but it was a bit overdone IMHO. Fireball has an immunity period after impact, and ok to be honest that's justified. Frost only snares sometimes. Gale also only knocks down sometimes. Lightning, well that's advertised as a "chance" to stun if you use the skill point to enhance it, so ok no problem. Time Shift snares instead of roots, but devs warned us about that in advance, again no problem. But that's all sorcs get really.

With only one reliable stun and snares being pointless (thanks to skyward smash, axe throw and pretty much any rogue skill attack), you see more and more mages taking shield and heal because that's the only way to survive anybody's opening combo. Mage single target damage relies on a series of slow charged hits and they lack the armor and hp to stand toe to toe with any melee class. Not the best recipe for pvp. You run, or you die. But really, you can't run because like I said kiting just doesn't work in this game.

What's my point? TL;DR? Point is, rogues and warriors are fine as they are. Please, please leave them alone. I'm not going to complain about rogue burst damage and warriors that are impossible to kill, because that's what those classes are supposed to do. It's just that sorcs could use a tiny bit of help to make them more viable and not so dependent on others to survive. Give sorcs a little bit more reliable cc. Make them at least a little bit feared, instead of a walking kill point.

For what it's worth, I primarily pvp as a rogue and thoroughly enjoy it. But I would still like to see my favorite pve class get a little love too. Oh and yea, pets running around are kind of bs, but I'm hoping STS takes care of that one in the next patch.
    Airys <Average Joes>

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakiniku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku View Post
    Eh. There's always going to be a sorc that hides in the crowd and spams KS skills, and everyone will think that sorcs are good because of that. But really, some of the sorc cc isn't functioning properly, and I think that's what people are really complaining about. Sorc cc understandably got nerfed to prevent stunlocking, but it was a bit overdone IMHO. Fireball has an immunity period after impact, and ok to be honest that's justified. Frost only snares sometimes. Gale also only knocks down sometimes. Lightning, well that's advertised as a "chance" to stun if you use the skill point to enhance it, so ok no problem. Time Shift snares instead of roots, but devs warned us about that in advance, again no problem. But that's all sorcs get really.

With only one reliable stun and snares being pointless (thanks to skyward smash, axe throw and pretty much any rogue skill attack), you see more and more mages taking shield and heal because that's the only way to survive anybody's opening combo. Mage single target damage relies on a series of slow charged hits and they lack the armor and hp to stand toe to toe with any melee class. Not the best recipe for pvp. You run, or you die. But really, you can't run because like I said kiting just doesn't work in this game.

What's my point? TL;DR? Point is, rogues and warriors are fine as they are. Please, please leave them alone. I'm not going to complain about rogue burst damage and warriors that are impossible to kill, because that's what those classes are supposed to do. It's just that sorcs could use a tiny bit of help to make them more viable and not so dependent on others to survive. Give sorcs a little bit more reliable cc. Make them at least a little bit feared, instead of a walking kill point.

For what it's worth, I primarily pvp as a rogue and thoroughly enjoy it. But I would still like to see my favorite pve class get a little love too. Oh and yea, pets running around are kind of bs, but I'm hoping STS takes care of that one in the next patch.
    I like your idea to leave rouge and warriors alone. And just add some twinks to mages!

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Lalarie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lalarie View Post
    I like your idea to leave rouge and warriors alone. And just add some twinks to mages!
    That has been my idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post

Isnt it better just to use hp or mana giving armor that cuts ur dmg but maybe in less amount (didnt tested) as when u put less skill points in dex..?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Isnt it better just to use hp or mana giving armor that cuts ur dmg but maybe in less amount (didnt tested) as when u put less skill points in dex..?
    Maybe. But then you wouldn't be able to burst people down like what all the non-rogues are complaining about.

I just accept my lack of mana. I can go for two, maybe three encounters if I'm lucky. If I'm empty, I'm going to run with my group and try to go out with a bang lol. Otherwise, I also like to defend the flag runner. Flag runners (if it's not me) tend to be warriors, and they always seem to have mana for some reason. So if I see them skip the mana replenisher when they pick up the flag, I gobble that thing up quickly.

/edit I forgot to add that I do also enjoy running the flag if everyone else is too concerned with padding their kdr. That's another excuse to pick up the blue pill haha.
    Last edited by Yakiniku; 01-22-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have also noticed that mages seem weak compared to other classes. Maybe the cool down time for the heal could be decreased. This would make mages last longer in fights and also make them a more important part of a team