Thread: players need to cross finish line to earn hauntlet coins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default players need to cross finish line to earn hauntlet coins

this is frustrating, seeing other players just idle still get hauntlet coins . . . . . . . . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Yes, that's the whole point my friend. If you want the coin, you have to cross the line first, or let one of your team mates to cross it, and you will automatically receive the coin. For the haunted title, only first one to cross the line under 90 seconds, gets the title, with the achievement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Yes, that's the whole point my friend. If you want the coin, you have to cross the line first, or let one of your team mates to cross it, and you will automatically receive the coin. For the haunted title, only first one to cross the line under 90 seconds, gets the title, with the achievement.
    Which allows for easy afk. This shouldn't be allowed. I wouldn't mind the hauntlet achievement because that usually requires one person to run ahead. But everyone should have to cross to receive the coin. The time can still be set by the first but everyone must cross to get it. Every quick game I run, there's at least one afk there just to get the coin and leave, never even coming out of the first gate. Needs to be fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Haven't done the Hauntlet grind in a while, but yea I remember being pleased when they made this change. But that's only because I do pull my weight and actually finish the instance in the boss room.

If people are afk'ing through Hauntlet now, then that's bs and it should probably be changed back.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Huh? I rarely cross the finish and get the coin each time. After the boss dies, unless I'm the closest to the finish line, I just wait for someone to cross and then pop out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

An easy fix could be to earn the hauntlet coin, you need to be in the final room when they cross the line.
    Derp

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -kyleww For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

yes @liquid ice, that is exactly my point. letting others do the attacking, getting killed, using potions and all while some players just idle and leave hauntlet once they receive the coin.

should not be allowed. @kyleww's suggestion is okay but maybe perhaps to get the coin, you have to pass through the final room

at least the player is forced to move his character rather than just idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It seems like there is an overall general confusion. The OP and I do not like that the coin is awarded to everyone based on only one person crossing. For example, if three characters never leave the first gate and the other completes the hauntlet on his or her own, those three that did nothing still get the coin. It shouldn't be that way.

Now I agree that when the first person crosses the line, the finish time is set, but at least make the other three run to the finish line or be in the boss area to get the coin. They shouldn't get it for not even leaving that first initial red gate.

I hope that clears up the issue that the OP started, following up with my agreement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

If it works in a way that only the person that finishes first gets the coin, then who do you think will stay back and clear the creeps and boss? I strongly disagree with this alternative. The best we can do in my opinion is to just wait till STS releases a host and boot feature for maps.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible View Post
    If it works in a way that only the person that finishes first gets the coin, then who do you think will stay back and clear the creeps and boss? I strongly disagree with this alternative. The best we can do in my opinion is to just wait till STS releases a host and boot feature for maps.
    I don't believe this is the proposed alternative given by the OP in this thread - I think they were addressing the issue of people going AFK or remaining idle in the front area or one of the earlier rooms, and allowing the rest of the party to complete the hauntlet and cross the finish line thus awarding all of them points. To combat that it was suggested that all members who participate actively (either by crossing the finish lines themselves, or at least being in the last room) get the coin but those who are clearly taking advantage would not (so its not just the first who crosses, but all who do regardless of order).

ETA: typo correction
    Avelynia - Rouge :: Avenore - Warrior :: Avellex - Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avelynia View Post
    I don't believe this is the proposed alternative given by the OP in this thread - I think they were addressing the issue of people going AFK or remaining idle in the front area or one of the earlier rooms, and allowing the rest of the party to complete the hauntlet and cross the finish line thus awarding all of them points. To combat that it was suggested that all members who participate actively (either by crossing the finish lines themselves, or at least being in the last room) get the coin but those who are clearly taking advantage would not (so its not just the first who crosses, but all who do regardless of order).
    This is correct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

What i do is attract enemies and lead them to portal and teleport out.

That way theyll kill the one idling. Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm bringing this thread back to life. It seems it would be an easy fix and it still happens on a daily basis.
    Last edited by Liquid Ice; 02-01-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    What i do is attract enemies and lead them to portal and teleport out.

That way theyll kill the one idling. Haha
    That's what i do frequently too..i think i ran with u once and there is a warrior afk...lol...from cglinturkler or something...
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue