Thread: Chat text expansion snippet system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Chat text expansion snippet system

I'd love to have the ability to setup snippets and invoke them easily in chat. Something like the old presets in PL, but you could make unlimited ones -- just add a trigger and expansion, then if the trigger appears in chat, it is removed and the expansion is inserted.

For example, you could set up:

Trigger Expansion
    chstnote I don't care if you open chests, but if you're going to bail if one is opened, please leave now.
    chstrmr It is a rumor that opening chests affects drop rates. Please see the forum where STS has stated such.
    gldwlcm \g Welcome to the guild. Use \g to chat. No begging or drama and always have fun!
    ctfinst Please defend the flag... etc.

Then when a PUG assembles in the Tower, for example, you could just type 'chstnote' and the note about chests would be inserted. If it was a pain to parse chat notes then either a token system or a different entry field could be used.

A token might be that you enter %chstnote% to invoke the expansion.

People playing on Chrome are probably already using some system to copy/paste, but it's pretty hard to do so on a mobile device.

Thanks!
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    I'd love to have the ability to setup snippets and invoke them easily in chat. Something like the old presets in PL, but you could make unlimited ones -- just add a trigger and expansion, then if the trigger appears in chat, it is removed and the expansion is inserted.

For example, you could set up:

Trigger Expansion
    chstnote I don't care if you open chests, but if you're going to bail if one is opened, please leave now.
    chstrmr It is a rumor that opening chests affects drop rates. Please see the forum where STS has stated such.
    gldwlcm \g Welcome to the guild. Use \g to chat. No begging or drama and always have fun!
    ctfinst Please defend the flag... etc.

Then when a PUG assembles in the Tower, for example, you could just type 'chstnote' and the note about chests would be inserted. If it was a pain to parse chat notes then either a token system or a different entry field could be used.

A token might be that you enter %chstnote% to invoke the expansion.

People playing on Chrome are probably already using some system to copy/paste, but it's pretty hard to do so on a mobile device.

Thanks!
    You actually can't on Crome yet.... But you can on iOS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Either I didn't make my reaquest very clear or I've really been missing something.

In Chrome, I could get this with the use of 3rd party software I already have on my Mac (TextExpander). Or if that didn't work for some reason, I could pretty easily have a window open with a text file I could copy from.

In iOS, I have that software also, but it isn't integrated into AL. If that feature is native to AL, then I've totally missed it... Is it there? Is there some other way to do this in iOS?

Thx!
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior