Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can pvp build be used in PvE for sorcerers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh I seeSo for PvE do u use ur favorite build which include heal or the other one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cronaldo777 View Post
    Oh I seeSo for PvE do u use ur favorite build which include heal or the other one?
    The PvE build was my previous build before pvp came out.

I wanted to keep it as my pvp build too but frost is not a great primary spell as it does not freeze in pvp. Some say it does, but it happens rarely.

I can't afford to respec every time I want to pvp or pve. So I had to learn how to use my pvp build for running elites.

I learned not to rely on life giver. I tried switching back once and found that I rarely had to use life giver. Also that its not my responsibility to keep everyone's health or mana up in a pick up group.

Sounds selfish, but each class can spec their own heal skill. And of course having heal will make the runs safer.

And if you control the mobs better then healing will be very manageable with a potion here and there.

If you want heal I suggest another build.

There are successful pvp builds with heal. I personally have a challenge killing a Mage with heal.
    As the beefy ones also have shield and can outlast my bursts and heal themselves to full once. Where I would be at half health with no more shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So what heal build could u suggest?Should I use a heal build or ur build with no heal?Because u said having heals make runs faster.But on the other hand u said,u rarely use it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

So what heal build could u suggest?Should I use a heal build or ur build with no heal?Because u said having heals make runs faster.But on the other hand u said,u rarely use it.
    Lifegiver allows runs to go smoother and faster because it allows your group to move from mob to mob without much downtime. Warriors and rogues will love you as it allows them to spam their skills.

As for what build is best for you, only you would know what feels right for your style of play.
    My build may work well for me, because I spent some time experimenting on what I like and what I want to achieve.

I dont have a battle tested PvP build with heal that I like. Maybe someone else may have a suggestion.

I do have experience fighting mages with heal and they can be a pain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok sorry for asking too many questions.Thanks for your timeI think I will go with your build which include shieldEven with the better update on frost on 1st Feb 2013,Frost is still not useful right?Tks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ok sorry for asking too many questions.Thanks for your timeI think I will go with your build which include shieldEven with the better update on frost on 1st Feb 2013,Frost is still not useful right?Tks
    No its fine to ask questions. :-) and I don't mind answering. But the best answer for your questions is to try it for yourself.

Frost still doesn't freeze, but it slows all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok thanks again.Any ideas whats the best armor and helmet for sorcerer?N what r u using now?Tks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ok thanks again.Any ideas whats the best armor and helmet for sorcerer?N what r u using now?Tks
    I'm using demonlord security.

You may also want to look at demonologist and winter land if u have a budget. As the stats are very similar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok sure. With the upcoming update in Feb(lvl cap raise) ,what are the changes that you will make in ur skill build?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ok sure. With the upcoming update in Feb(lvl cap raise) ,what are the changes that you will make in ur skill build?
    I don't know. Maybe everything.

The build I showed you is not the only build and there is no best build.

I'm using this build as it is fun for me. Tomorrow I may want another flavor.

But if you want to go along with the theme of the build. There are no more rooms for skills so I would invest in passives.

Int passive, crit passive, and str passive are all viable depending on what you want to achieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceBox View Post
    I don't know. Maybe everything.

The build I showed you is not the only build and there is no best build.

I'm using this build as it is fun for me. Tomorrow I may want another flavor.

But if you want to go along with the theme of the build. There are no more rooms for skills so I would invest in passives.

Int passive, crit passive, and str passive are all viable depending on what you want to achieve.
    My purpose for answering this thread is not to tell you how to play. But show you other ways you can play.

That's why I don't like giving definitive answers. You need to figure out for yourself what suits you.

And I'm not stuck in one style either. If guild pvp is implemented or ability to bring your own teams. I may want to go support and heal would be something I will try to fit in. Right now I'm playing more for myself as ctf teams are so random.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok Thanks