Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rouges are Overpowered - Rouges are killing the Players to much one hit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

While we may do high dmg we have no shield or heal buff and die quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Also, keep in mind that Rogues often steal kills. While Warriors and Sorcerers inflict damage and stuns, a Rogue sneaks in with a couple of Aimed Shots and Shadow Piercers, then boom - two kills, zero deaths, while the Warrior and Sorcerer both get nothing.

Kill sniping probably accounts for 50-60% of all Rogue kills.

It doesn't happen often, but I've gone 1v1 against both Sorcerers and Warriors who were very good and knew how to PvP. Both classes can put just about anyone into a perma-stun status. The problem is that there just aren't that many who are really good using the tools in their arsenal.

In PL, it seemed that most Mages and Birds knew how to kite, it just doesn't seem to be the case in AL. I've seen Sorcerers charge my Rogue and launch Gale Force as the initial attack. WTF are they thinking? Aimed Shot, Shadow Piercer, GF. Sorcerers have to lead with Fireball to stun and unwind charged skills. To do anything else against a Rogue is suicide. Once Stunned, a few autos and uncharged skills, then another charged fireball keeps me in permanent stun - unable to retaliate.

Warriors also seem to just charge right in with a Skyward Smash. Poor tactic if that's all you do. Just last night, I came across a Warrior (forgot the name) who effectively used Axe Throw to reel me back in when I tried to kite. Whenever I charged Aimed Shot, he would charge Invincibility, or Chest Splitter negating my attack. Eventually, I run out of Mana and, not for nothing, auto attacks aren't enough to take down Warriors. Finally, a Windmill would wipe me out.

Complaining that a certain class is OP is akin to saying I am not using the best build, or I am not effectively using the skills available. I have PWNED other classes and been PWNED by them. Good tactics and effective use of stuns and other debuffs are the differentiators between noob players and elite players.

Group tactics play a large part in survivability and KDR. I'm not sure if everyone knows it yet, but whomever leads a charge is auto-targeted by the opponents. If a Sorcerer leads a charge without a shield, that is almost a guaranteed death. If you linger behind a Warrior and let him get the auto-target, then move in front after the first wave of charged attacks, your survival percentage goes up. Same advice for Rogues as well. There is a reason why Warriors have high HP and high Armor - they are the tanks that absorb the initial onslaught. Once the first wave is complete, the damage and DPS classes step in to wipe the floor.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I changed some of my gear and now have over 1800 health and I'm still getting one-hit by rogues. This means in order for me to beat a rogue I must be perfect. I cannot get hit even once. When I do manage to beat a rogue I am always left with full health. There is no actual battle. Either I land 4-5 consecutive hits and they die, or they kill me with one hit. Sometimes I land 2-3 hits and then a stun doesn't work, and they then kill me with one hit. I can beat the rogues who don't have top gear, but the elite rogues I have no chance. Yesterday I went up against the same rogue about 10 times in one game, and every single time resulted in me being one-hit. And I got all top sorcerer gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Going into battle without a shield is like a Rogue with no Aimed Shot...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Im just here stating my opinion so dont start flaming me but I have a warrior, a rouge, a mage. And I don't think its very fun going off and killing mages with my aimed shot.

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Agreed. I don't purposefully chase down mages to pad my stats, but it is usually the mages that wind up killing me because they are the only class that can perma-stun my Rogue. Warriors can to a point, but I can usually handle Warriors. Mages, especially mages with Watchers gun cannot be kited and they stun A LOT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Rogues have the highest damage output, but unless I forgot about something they don't have any form of shield and their heal has to be picked up after casting it. That's a fair trade IMO, rogues are the highest on the leader board because its a team game and with their damage output they steal the most kills (not complaining there ik it's just teamwork). I've yet to come across a rogue that can just own my Mage in a fair fight they aren't OP there just easy to use, and mages aren't UP they're just harder to use because you have timing to worry about rather than just running up and spamming skills kamikaze style

Edit:When I say own I mean OWN, obviously ive been killed by rogues in 1v1 but its usually evenly matched assuming I don't out gear hem by a mile.
    Last edited by Vilified; 02-02-2013 at 12:53 AM.
    <a href=http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg target=_blank>http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg</a>
    AL Ign: Diseased, Vilified, and Monumental
    PL Ign: MassAtrocity, MassInferno, and MassInsanity