Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bit sad with the current stat of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

And my complain about pvp was because pvp is in beta fase, with many issues, and instead of fixing some of these issues or give free respecs for a proper test, they patched the so much needed pointing arrows..

I am sure they are in the process of fixing things up. I am sure a few arrows here and there is MUCH MUCH MUCH faster to add then re coding millions of lines of code to balance this and that and that for one, they have to figure out what to balance and where to balance it in the code and all that. I am also sure they dont have 30+ people working on this game at one time, at most they probably have 3 or 4 coders working out problems here and there that can take months, I would be wrong on the size of the company and how many people code this game and keep it maintained but even then it would still take a long time to correct and balance pvp while at the same time working on the new update for a hundred or so new items, new maps, new levels, new designs, all sorts of different stuff that takes time. My intention of replying to this post was not to bash anyone even tho now that you pointed out a few things i said it did seem that way (lol) which i appoligize for, I just hate when person after person think maintaining and fixing a small part of the game is within a snap of a finger when in reality its probably SUPER difficult.

also, in PVP Warriors are usually pretty tough to kill since they are ment to be a tank. its almost impossible to PERFECTLY balance a pvp system in ANY sort of game. I think the best PVP system I had ever played was in a game Called Neverwinter Nights. but there build systems were CRAZY detailed and if you did not know basic D&D math then your builds would just be horrible. This game ant nearly as detailed as most RPGs which bugs me a bit but hey, its still a good game ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Farming gets boring
    Farming is completely based on LUCK in this game. There is no other way to really farm. You can farm trash drops (because they aren't worth anything to sell), you can't farm gold drops because they are basically non-existant (1-2g from a mob or 5-10 from a chest). I could 'farm' dungeons all day and get maybe a total of 500g, which wouldn't even buy you a full stack of potions...

With 'farming' completely based on luck there is no reward at all if your luck is bad or the random-number-generating-gods are not smiling upon you. I know this is a portable MMO and is notably different that a full PC MMO, however the reason the full PC MMOs continue to keep attention after getting your gear is through the ability to grind out kills to farm gold, find/harvest crafting materials, and collecting vanity stuff. STS does a lot with Vanities, but with pets too easy to obtain (should be purely drops and not a high% from Klaas), then that would give you something to farm. They really need to balance the gold drops and vendor price of trash items, but i don't see that happening since you need LUCK or platinum to make money right now. I'm sure this is a nice revenue stream.

I really think they need to put in a better revenue stream (even if it was 1-3-5 platinum to open copper/silver/gold elite chests) but make item and gold drops more relavent. they just need some solution to this until they can put in some professions that can help them generate revenue.

the way it currently is where you purely rely on luck causes burn out on the game and people to quit (IMO). They could have a higher sustainability in player base if they made some of these changes to prolong interest and apply different and profitable means of farming.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CosmoxKramer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Agreed Cosmo. We need crafting!!! PLEASE give us something to do besides hoping to randomly get a drop.

I know STS don't have Crafting in the new Kraken Isles expansion coming next month but I pray they will add it soon. It will prolong interest and be profitable to those who no doubt will race to level 26. I hope they don't have another plat contest to get there.

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Lady_Pebbles

@Cosmo: They generate a lot of money through of their games already. Especially PL & SL due to the fact they have reroll elixirs and hell, even elixirs you can buy with in game currency (credits & gold). Here, we are forced to buy plat to get elixirs in order to get decent chances for a drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    Farming is completely based on LUCK in this game. There is no other way to really farm. You can farm trash drops (because they aren't worth anything to sell), you can't farm gold drops because they are basically non-existant (1-2g from a mob or 5-10 from a chest). I could 'farm' dungeons all day and get maybe a total of 500g, which wouldn't even buy you a full stack of potions...

With 'farming' completely based on luck there is no reward at all if your luck is bad or the random-number-generating-gods are not smiling upon you. I know this is a portable MMO and is notably different that a full PC MMO, however the reason the full PC MMOs continue to keep attention after getting your gear is through the ability to grind out kills to farm gold, find/harvest crafting materials, and collecting vanity stuff. STS does a lot with Vanities, but with pets too easy to obtain (should be purely drops and not a high% from Klaas), then that would give you something to farm. They really need to balance the gold drops and vendor price of trash items, but i don't see that happening since you need LUCK or platinum to make money right now. I'm sure this is a nice revenue stream.

I really think they need to put in a better revenue stream (even if it was 1-3-5 platinum to open copper/silver/gold elite chests) but make item and gold drops more relavent. they just need some solution to this until they can put in some professions that can help them generate revenue.

the way it currently is where you purely rely on luck causes burn out on the game and people to quit (IMO). They could have a higher sustainability in player base if they made some of these changes to prolong interest and apply different and profitable means of farming.
    Lol, so true. I have such bad luck in the game that even with a luck elixer, they only re-roll maybe one time sometimes twice - usually for a purple or a green drop. If I do get lucky and get a golden chest & open it, it more often than not has nothing but greens. Darned near every egg or pink item I do get is as common as can be, only going for 400-500 gold.

I don't know why I burn what little platinum I have on luck elixers. I've run through maps with others that re-roll 4 times, while mine doesn't re-roll at all.

Yet I keep playing on hope that my luck will get better.
    Last edited by abekrivy; 01-29-2013 at 12:44 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abekrivy For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I myself are a pay to play player. I dont have patience to farm and dont have the gold to buy gear. So everytime i level to the cap i spent 70 plat on that gear gold pots and slots. Its just how i do. Basically i spend $20 every cap if i feel the need to level up my other toons in a timely manner. But the elite banners on the other hand are too repetative i wont spend money or time getting to elite cap for something i got last cap.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Couldn't agree more with a thread! :thumbup:

I hope sts listens.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    I myself are a pay to play player. I dont have patience to farm and dont have the gold to buy gear....
    That's an interesting approach and I'm certainly happy to purchase platinum from time to time. A couple things though... for me I want something interesting to do once I hit cap. If there are some great items on interesting maps to farm, that can be a fun pastime. In PL, people go to a bunch of maps trying to farm particular items and some of those can be pretty challenging to play every time. I tend to try to do something to make some money for when the next cap comes and so forth. Right now I'm trying some market speculation, but so far not much luck... or a whole lot of fun.

One other thing I've noticed on playing PL again recently -- it's a lot of fun to see the pink show up when you get a drop. I've been playing again since Sunday and have had a number of them.

Ok, one more thing... Even the trash drops liquidate for a lot more gold than in AL -- 30, 50, even more than 300 gold each. After running maps (just leveling and questing) for a few hours and continually liquidating I seem to have 4 or 5k. After a few days I have 15k and have purchased a number of good items (not the best or anything, but stuff I'm pretty happy with) and I have also dropped some purple and pink items that I've used as well. I always like that especially.

For me the random (double, triple, whatever) drop system concealed in a chest just takes out some of the fun. And yeah, AL seems to be tightened down a lot on cash flow -- hopefully not just to drive plat purchases. I'd still buy (and always did with PL) for vanities and seasonal stuff, etc. I love to support STS so they can keep brining great games out. Let's bring back the loot tables and let everyone see that Agile Lifethief of Potency drop and all the 'nice!' comments go off.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Norbert For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

@Cosmo: They generate a lot of money through of their games already. Especially PL & SL due to the fact they have reroll elixirs and hell, even elixirs you can buy with in game currency (credits & gold). Here, we are forced to buy plat to get elixirs in order to get decent chances for a drop.

I hear ya. I wish they would 1) get rid of Jarl, 2) put in a reward system for clearing or finishing an elite dungeon so you could purchase gear and then it's not purely based on luck. Also, you would be playing the game actually, not zerging a boss an resetting every 90s. No Jarl, better gold from drops/vendor, crafting, would all help with sustainability and keeping a larger player base which would give more opportunities for revenue.