Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit sad with the current stat of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Bit sad with the current stat of the game.

Hello all.

Just want to let you guys know ( STS the most ) that i'm a bit sad with the current stat of the game.

Here is why:

1 - I've read somewhere a dev stating that they were working in the risk/reward of the elite dungeons

i don't fell they are rewarding, at least with the current drop rates, i mean, not that they are low, but they are very inconsistent.

I can farm for 30 mins and get 2 elite gold chest 3 silver and 3 copper, and some times i farm for hours with 0 chests to show, right now i'm going for

my third day with intensive farming and all i have to show it's 5 elite banded copper chests, that's rightm 3 days of intensive farming and only 3 copper

chest. And what bothers me it's to see the other players getting silver and gold chest one after another, this one guy, did 2 straight runs with me and he got 2 elite gold chest. lol

2-When i want to take a break from this awkwardness that is the pve drop rates, i do some PvP. But again no fun in that anymore.

Jump to PvP room, and i fell i'm gimped to test it because i have a pve spec, can't have fun because my character it's optimize for pve not for pvp, i thought the devs wanted us to test pvp, but how can i test pvp if i cant respect? well i can, but at my expensive...is this right?? i mean, they want us to test the game but i have to pay to test it? it feels like.....hey guys want to test my beta version? you only have to pay.....

You should not have to pay real money to test something...it's bad business

But lets not focus on the free respec devs didn't gave us to test their game.

Right now every time i try to play pvp i'm faced against at least 3 warriors, making the game unplayable for the other team..it's 6 secs invincibility with a very nice damage ( windmill ).

So, just to resume, "i'm burned out of farming, lets do some pvp....damn..unplayable.."

No farming, (can't stand farm a all day just to get nothing) no pvp, (enough of the one-shooting rogues and invincible warriors while mages are good for nothing )....so what's left?

This was not a rant, just wanted you guys know how i feel about the game right now, because i want this game to be good, i had so much fun until now.
    If devs know what issues cause players to stop playing, maybe they will improve the game.

About the pvp part, i'm not a mage, i play a rogue, but i don't like the current stat of the game, no fun in one-shooting other players, maybe that's why i never liked twinks. Never understand what kind of challenge twinks have facing noobs and under-geared players and claiming they are the best out there..don't make sense to me. If you guys want a challenge, cap and come play in the 21 bracket ( well when they fix brackets that is :P )

Take care and have fun

2. The Following User Says Thank You to naifas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Um, it's random.

Or maybe you should just stop opening chests, thus making the assumption that it's NOT random.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I feel you about the farming part. My luck sucks. My only advice is that you should start running elite tower or elite grounds. Sell the elite banded chests. I get a more consistent income by farming elite banded chests and selling them.

Ditched Jarl farming for almost 3 weeks already, now I usually run elite grounds solo. I'm a rogue btw. It's not that hard, you just need to be willing to spend on pots and know the map well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruejade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The warrior invincibility you talk about doesn't work in pvp. And I don't know how YOU would see it work because we don't have access to health bars of other players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

1. that's just normal for an MMO. having a game that gives items by random/luck makes the game to be played more. IF arcane legends hands out items easily who would play when you got all the best gears?
    Hard drops just make people to farm more and play.

by having hard drops will also gives pricing in game economy. As i said having easy loot wont make this game last for long. take a look at loki before it was like 100k or more but now that they can be easily farmed i bet no one even bothering to buy for they can be just looted.

I know it sucks having a hard time in this mobile mmo but hey, you did enjoy it!

2. using PvE spec+ low quality gear wont give you any enjoyment but benefits others(lol). And they even promise us that AL will have FREE RESPEC before the game went live.

hope you'll stay
    Last edited by Cero; 01-28-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Um, it's random.

Or maybe you should just stop opening chests, thus making the assumption that it's NOT random.
    I don't open the chest, it's the chests drops that bother me. Like i said, i can farm only for a half an hour and get like 2 gold 3 silver and some copper, but i can intensive farm for 3 days and get only 3 coppers...i don't even try to open the chest because it's bad enough to get the chests, let alone get any pink above 50k gold.

What i'm trying to say is this RNG system for chest drops and them the RNG again to open chests it's not rewarding and don't make people want to play/farm once they're cap.

I guess a token system were each boss give you x tokens and then you could by your gear with those tokens.

Or a specific loot table for bosses, instead of droping the chests or gear based on rng, you could farm a specific item you want in a specific boss, something like boss fixed loot tables, in these cases you can go farm a boss, knowing you will have RNG, but, with time it will give you that item you are chasing.

Or with the token system, farming will be rewarding, because after you put some time you will get the item you farmed.

Right now you farm chest, rely on RNG to drop the chest, then you have to rely in RNG again to open chest, and then if you're lucky enough you will find a worthy item that you can sell, to make gold to buy the item you really want.....this is not rewarding and don't make people want to farm/play after they're caped.

This is my point of view....are you guys satisfied with the grinding the end game is right now? i mean, mindless grinding, because you have to deal with RNG in so many stages to get 1 item...do you thing this is good game development?

Games are meant to be fun and rewarding, basing all end game content in pure RNG it's not fun or rewarding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    1. that's just normal for an MMO. having a game that gives items by random/luck makes the game to be played more. IF arcane legends hands out items easily who would play when you got all the best gears?
    Hard drops just make people to farm more and play.

by having hard drops will also gives pricing in game economy. As i said having easy loot wont make this game last for long. take a look at loki before it was like 100k or more but now that they can be easily farmed i bet no one even bothering to buy for they can be just looted.

I know it sucks having a hard time in this mobile mmo but hey, you did enjoy it!

2. using PvE spec+ low quality gear wont give you any enjoyment but benefits others(lol). And they even promise us that AL will have FREE RESPEC before the game went live.

hope you'll stay
    Hi mate, tanks for spending your time to post here,

I don't want good items to be easy, like you said, if they were, the game would not be fun or challenging, my complains are about the chest.

We can have a RNG system with fixed loot tables, I've played other mmo's, ( played WoW for 4 years and rift for 2 more and still playing GW2) and i allways have been comfortable with the RNG.

let's say:

mighty vorpal sword of assault only drop from thun'k one eye. and as a 0,05% chance to drop. The item will still be very rare but much more enjoyable to farm, knowing that i have only to deal once with the RNG, and if i put some time in it i will have the item.

or:

mighty vorpal sword of assault cost 300 tokens. and each boss in elite maps give 1 token per kill.
    The item will be rare, will be expensive, it will be some grind to have the item, but you have sure that after 300 boss kills you will have what you work for. For me this is the most rewarding system i found in every mm'o i played.

You see, I don't want the game easy or items given with no work, just want a better rewarding system, something that make me go on in intensive periods of farming because i know, with hard work i will have what i work for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiki View Post
    The warrior invincibility you talk about doesn't work in pvp. And I don't know how YOU would see it work because we don't have access to health bars of other players.
    because i have a warrior and i know their skills, warrior have a shield that heals them, give them a HoT and invincibility for 2 secs. 3 warriors on a team it's 6 secs invincibility.

Look, i'm a rogue, and i know rogues are just stupid atm, one -shooting it's not good for pvp, rogues should have high damage but the other classes should have time to react and even the play field.

and why do i need health bars if i see 3 warrior destroying a team of 5, going for the flag, killing everyone in the way back score rinse and repeat without anyone dying?

I just don't understand why people claim they want a balanced game but when comes the time to be honest about your class you don't want anything changed......

It's like the Twinks...put them in their own bracket and you will see twinks vanishing...Back when I played WoW, there was lots of twinks who claim they wanted more challenge, they even post it on forums, things like "there is no good twinks out there" like post i see in these forums, but do you know what happen when blizzard made a twink only bracket? lol, that's right, twinks just died

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

That why my Mage retired from pvp. What so fun to play a Mage if Rogue got mostly all the kill and Warrior with the flag jump over the room.
    Yes, Pvp is still fun if you are a Rouge or Warrior.
    Mage got no way, no chane at all to catch up the kill count by rouge or flags cap by war.
    So what Mage gonna do in pvp. Ya ya. I know iknow. Mage is support class. Support Rogue to kill. Support war to flag right.? Lol
    So Every game ended my kill ratio not even 1:5 compare to rogue or war.
    you won't see me in pvp anymore until the class is more balance.
    Don't tell me the game still on beta. Beta game doesn't need you pay (respec) to play like op mentioned.
    So I totally can understand how naifas feel. You are not alone my mate

Lady_Pebbles

I agree completely with the original poster and Siri. I feel the same way. To me StS games are getting more & more repetitive & boring to me. Feels like they are too focused on AL cuz its the new best thing while neglecting the other games. I've been looking at other games to play that aren't made by this company because this is all getting old. Nothing new and fresh other than a pet system. They even said we'd have a brand new PvP system, its the same as every other PvP system they have with some adjustments and a very unbalanced class and skills system at that!

Farming gets boring, PvP is messed up, pets don't evolve & the higher lvl they are the more gold we gotta pay to keep them happy but can't keep up with that gold sink since not enough gold drops. Resulting in endless farming making us broke until we get a decent drop to get some gold. Most gold goes to pets happiness... Bleh.

Then we got crates to open with plat... Pfft I'd rather sell the crates for gold. Smh. Waste of money when the items are now cheap as hell for gold.

Smh.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:945632

I agree completely with the original poster and Siri. I feel the same way. To me StS games are getting more & more repetitive & boring to me. Feels like they are too focused on AL cuz its the new best thing while neglecting the other games. I've been looking at other games to play that aren't made by this company because this is all getting old. Nothing new and fresh other than a pet system. They even said we'd have a brand new PvP system, its the same as every other PvP system they have with some adjustments and a very unbalanced class and skills system at that!

Farming gets boring, PvP is messed up, pets don't evolve & the higher lvl they are the more gold we gotta pay to keep them happy but can't keep up with that gold sink since not enough gold drops. Resulting in endless farming making us broke until we get a decent drop to get some gold. Most gold goes to pets happiness... Bleh.

Then we got crates to open with plat... Pfft I'd rather sell the crates for gold. Smh. Waste of money when the items are now cheap as hell for gold.

Smh.

LOL agree 100000000% been like this with sts for 200 years. Avabel looks very very good when english version hits
    Last edited by mafiainc42; 01-28-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I don't like the randomness of drops either, I'd like a fixed loot table for the "good" drops and random for the lesser quality gear. That's just my 2 cents. Stay classy forum posters~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Obviously you failed statistics because you don't understand how RANDOM works. Yes, sometimes you'll be lucky and get 6 chests in 30 minutes, and sometimes you will be unlucky and get nothing in an hour. That's how statistics and RANDOM works.

You complained about doing PvP against a group you don't like, if you had a group of friends to play with the chances of that are lower, you all join at the same time and start a game with 8 friends. It might not work each time, may get a random in there, but overall it will work.

Not everyone is in PvE specs, a huge chunk of my guild has moved to almost all PvP all the time. The patch recently was a pretty rush job, there was a huge bug making it very difficult for mages to play at all (in PvE) and they tacked on the relatively quick fix to point arrows to the other two sides (that IMO wasn't needed).
    I do know how random work. I said i was fine with the random system in other mmos i Played but here you have to deal with it 3 times in a row just to get 1 desired item.

And what is that obsession about my friends? Lol

I do have friends in this game , and good ones.
    But like me they dont enjoy PvP atm .

And its because i have friends in this game that i want the game to improve. That was the meaning of this post, to let devs know that many of us dont think its rewarding the current end game reward design

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They were supposed to add a option to pay ingame gold to respec . I recall that in there talk last year. game came, nothing about it. So when I emailed sts asking why they didn't do it they replied with "sorry" . Meh whatever i guess lol. They Should just add a free respec weekend imo. But wont happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

If you think this is bad, play SL for a few days.

-------------------
    Sent using spray paint on the city walls.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I generally agree with your feelings naifas. Last weekend I went back to playing Pocket Legends for the first time in a year or two and had a lot of fun with it. That game has a loot table setup as you describe. In fact, there used to be lists in the forums of where various items dropped. I looked for something like that here until I realized it was random.

Valsacar, what you describe is probability, not 'statistics and random'. It's fine to disagree and voice your opinion, but you come off pretty harsh.

StS makes great games and this one feels really polished after playing PL again. I hope they make some epic content updates along the lines of Alien Oasis in PL. That was so awesome when it released, I remember really feeling scared and it was hard! Lets hope the pirates give us some great content and some of the other gameplay flukes get ironed out.

I also gave up on pvp for now. I have all three classes, but only respeced the sorcerer. Turns out it was a waste on him and I don't want to nerf the others for pve. I'm hoping for a dual-spec option.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Free respecs would be nice but I like the random loot, you'll never know what you could get.

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    I generally agree with your feelings naifas. Last weekend I went back to playing Pocket Legends for the first time in a year or two and had a lot of fun with it. That game has a loot table setup as you describe. In fact, there used to be lists in the forums of where various items dropped. I looked for something like that here until I realized it was random.

Valsacar, what you describe is probability, not 'statistics and random'. It's fine to disagree and voice your opinion, but you come off pretty harsh.

StS makes great games and this one feels really polished after playing PL again. I hope they make some epic content updates along the lines of Alien Oasis in PL. That was so awesome when it released, I remember really feeling scared and it was hard! Lets hope the pirates give us some great content and some of the other gameplay flukes get ironed out.

I also gave up on pvp for now. I have all three classes, but only respeced the sorcerer. Turns out it was a waste on him and I don't want to nerf the others for pve. I'm hoping for a dual-spec option.
    The voice of reason Very well said indeed. I also found PL fun but am not rich enough to play both, so went with AL.

I only play PVP with my Warrior which is enjoyable but I look forward to STS improving PVP greatly since it is only in Beta and unfinished. Will try again with my Rogue when I have much more gold saved to play with 2 characters.

I also hope the new expansion will be super fun like Alien Oasis is in PL with loads of new content plus good mythic/arcane items.

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm sure STS will be reviewing the fine points you mentioned and they will also add, "You can't please them all!".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

These types of threads make me LOL....

You complain that items are too hard to get, I bet if everyone had the top of the line gear and you could run through any map at any time in 2 minutes or less because every character just owned and you had nothing else to farm for, you would be complaining that the game is not hard enough and you get bored of just owning everything and having nothing to try to get item wise or Gold wise...

I personally think AL Random system and gold drop system is perfect, I mean, the economy of every other item accept legendary items is a little messed up but that is probably damage that is irreversible to be honest...

Also, I bet when you go into pvp, you dont have very good gear and thats why your getting owned? if not maybe you need to learn pvp better? I dont blaim it much on respec since you could EASILY go do a offer on your cell phone or even the computer and get major free platinum... There are offers you can do daily to get 12+ plat each time and some others that give 20+ plat and take like 5 minutes or less to complete.. So, you not being able to respec is just a load of donkey poop with bits and pieces of corn in it and maybe a peanut or two....

I think PVP is also actually pretty balanced now, when i first played i thought rogues were MAJORLY overpowered but now that i know what skills to use and when, I can take 2 rogues and a mage on and whoop all 3 if I do it right as a Warrior. All 3 Classes have there own strengths and after you learn how to play your character with decent gear on, its not that hard to own.

Also, Decent gear is easy to get if you dont spend all your money feeding your pet, go spend 5 or 10k on cheap eggs and that fixes your feeding problem right there. I havent fed a pet in like 2 months, there is no reason to feed a pet. After your pet gets sad, switch to a new pet and continue doing that and you will never have to feed a pet again... Easy fix.
    Last edited by Darkgenocide; 01-29-2013 at 07:16 AM.