Thread: How would you improve AL?

Yoho

Default How would you improve AL?

Please post your suggestions to make it better.

I don't like: plat respecs
    Why? My playstyle varies on my mood/map/purpose and it's required 2-3 respecs a day. It's ok for me to buy vanity/pets/lixs, but not respec. Though all my plat go for them.
    Suggestions: 1) Free! or 2) Gold purchased respec lix (for day, week, month depending on how often do you need it)
    Last edited by Justg; 01-28-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate anything, but the three things I find the most frustrating are:

1) Aggro mechanics aren't tuned very well. Tanking warriors should be able to reliably hold aggro if specced properly, but they are pretty unreliable in the game's curent state. The aggro warriors put out simply needs a boost.

2) Kills in PvP happen way too fast. Longer fights allow for more strategy, as well as more room for error. If all damage dealt in PvP was reduced by half, the frustration of being insta-killed would be gone and each encounter would be that much more enjoyable. Healing would need to be reduced to as well, or else healing skills would become unbalanced.

3) Only the person getting the killing blow is awarded a kill count in PvP. That isn't a very balanced system for logging kill counts. Anyone who participates in killing an enemy should get a kill count, not just the player who landed the final blow.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I hate feeding pets every 10 minutes and the fact that I can't solo without joining a party and ditching them. Makes it very difficult to do daily quests...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike:945382
    I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate anything, but the three things I find the most frustrating are:

1) Aggro mechanics aren't tuned very well. Tanking warriors should be able to reliably hold aggro if specced properly, but they are pretty unreliable in the game's curent state. The aggro warriors put out simply needs a boost.

2) Kills in PvP happen way too fast. Longer fights allow for more strategy, as well as more room for error. If all damage dealt in PvP was reduced by half, the frustration of being insta-killed would be gone and each encounter would be that much more enjoyable. Healing would need to be reduced to as well, or else healing skills would become unbalanced.

3) Only the person getting the killing blow is awarded a kill count in PvP. That isn't a very balanced system for logging kill counts. Anyone who participates in killing an enemy should get a kill count, not just the player who landed the final blow.
    I agree with 1 and strongly agree with 3, but number 2 would result in rogues being destroyed every single fight. I altday struggle to beat warriors without running out of mana, reducing damage would mean rogues would never kill anyone in 1v1, which is the whole purpose of a rogue
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

1) when doing pve, when clicking skills sometimes u click a player and it goes to message them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

My only thing that bugs me about AL right now is the respec for PVE vs PVP.

Several loadout suggestions have been put forth that I think are great ideas. Here for example is one.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

You sould use the words "strongly dislike" instead of "hate".

But for me I dislike how no game seems to be able to come up with a stong guild structure. So I hope sts can change this.
    Also I'd like a larger variety of drops. There isn't much differtiation between pink drops.
    I'd also like there to be super ra items/drops... Looks like mythic or arcane items might fix this though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    1) when doing pve, when clicking skills sometimes u click a player and it goes to message them.
    Haha yea or i press trade then say sorry over and over... funny moments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    I agree with 1 and strongly agree with 3, but number 2 would result in rogues being destroyed every single fight. I altday struggle to beat warriors without running out of mana, reducing damage would mean rogues would never kill anyone in 1v1, which is the whole purpose of a rogue
    How about they simply address the rogue's mana problems instead?

My whole point is that fights should last at least twice as long as they do now, while keeping the same balance bewteen classes. Being able to be killed in less than 2-3 seconds just doesn't make for a very compelling PvP experience. There's simply no fun to be had in running into combat and being killed immediately.

Getting killed isn't the problem. I don't mind dieing over and over again. But each time I die, I want to feel like I at least did something. When I die, I should be able to think "Yeah, that was a good fight! Man that guy was tough!". But when I run around a corner and die in under two seconds, before I can even get a skill to charge, then all can think is "How lame..." Stuns are a part of the problem, of course, but if damage was decreased in PvP then stuns wouldn't be so bad.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wizard_Mike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike:945382
    Anyone who participates in killing an enemy should get a kill count, not just the player who landed the final blow.
    lol? That would fail in many ways.

Edit, explaination so I dont get flamed:

1. People can just hit the enemy once, and leave it to their teammates to kill whilst theyre killing someone else - leech.

2. Makes kill farming easier.

3. Its just as bad as KS'ing. People would be angry that they killed someone but others got credit too.
    Last edited by Bless; 01-28-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    lol? That would fail in many ways.
    No, it would not fail. It's how all modern, current day MMOs work now.

The current system of only counting killing blows is what's failing. It gives a large advantage to rogues, who can score the biggest and most frequent crits, thus they are more likely to land the killing blow. Warriors are at the other end, since they deal the least damage and are he least likely to land the killing blow. Sorcerers are somewhere in between.

That's simply not a good system at all. At the very minimum, STS should at least change the avatar page to say "killing blows" rather than "kills".

As for your explanations:

1. People can just hit the enemy once, and leave it to their teammates to kill whilst theyre killing someone else - leech.
    1) That's already happening, only in reverse. People can deal all the damage and then not get a kill count because someone else ran up and hit the enemy one time for the killing blow.

2. Makes kill farming easier.
    2) Makes kill farming fair for all classes.

3. Its just as bad as KS'ing. People would be angry that they killed someone but others got credit too.
    3) People are already angry that they killed someone but got no credit at all, simply because they weren't the last person to land a hit.

And that's the crux of the problem: If the team takes down an enemy, then the team should get credit for it. Not just the one lucky enough to score the final blow.

For someone to be angry at others getting credit for a kill, when those others clearly participated that kill... well that's just pure selfishness. Especially when you consider the fact that the person might not have even been able to land that killing blow if there wasn't a team helping him.

If STS only wants to log and display killing blows, that's fine by me. But that needs to be displayed as such. "Killing Blows" not "Kills". But If they want us to display actual kills that we have participated in, just like we do with PvE kills, then they need to fix it to work that way. Simple as that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

@wiz

Theres no point of arguing about it, the devs would highly disagree go on pm any. 5 people can hit one blow on one target - getting one kill each, ONE KILL = 1 KILL NOT MULTIPLE
    Credits to Iady

Yoho

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    With such system death count should also go for all team, not just squishy rogues/mages. Then yeah, it gonna be collective responsibility

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

@wiz

Theres no point of arguing about it,
    Then don't.

the devs would highly disagree go on pm any. 5 people can hit one blow on one target - getting one kill each, ONE KILL = 1 KILL NOT MULTIPLE
    You know when Julius Caesar was stabbed to death? Guess what? ALL of the people who stabbed him killed him. Not just the last guy, lol.

I mean really... imagine all those guys being put on trial for his death. You think they could all just say "Nah, Brutus was the last dude to stab him man... he killed Caesar, not us! We just stabbed him a bunch." and then they all get to go free while Brutus gets sentenced?

I mean honestly, let's not be silly about this. If two players kill one player, then both of those players killed him, not just the guy who landed the killing blow. Take away the damage the player who did not land the killing blow did, and the killing blow would have never happened. If you do 75% of the damage and I only do 25% of the damage, yet I get a kill count and you don't, how is that fair? (I'll give you a clue: it's not.)

Killing blows are not the same thing as kills. Not sure what else to say to help you get that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The ability to change gender when making a character

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    Then don't.

You know when Julius Caesar was stabbed to death? Guess what? ALL of the people who stabbed him killed him. Not just the last guy, lol.

I mean really... imagine all those guys being put on trial for his death. You think they could all just say "Nah, Brutus was the last dude to stab him man... he killed Caesar, not us! We just stabbed him a bunch." and then they all get to go free while Brutus gets sentenced?

I mean honestly, let's not be silly about this. If two players kill one player, then both of those players killed him, not just the guy who landed the killing blow. Take away the damage the player who did not land the killing blow did, and the killing blow would have never happened. If you do 75% of the damage and I only do 25% of the damage, yet I get a kill count and you don't, how is that fair? (I'll give you a clue: it's not.)

Killing blows are not the same thing as kills. Not sure what else to say to help you get that.
    Agreed, I need not say more. Or if this does not make its way to the game, at least the person who deals the most damage gets a kill count too aside from the one who makes the final blow (if ever the final-blow-gets-the-kill remains). In this way, if four rogues would go against a warrior and one of the rogues decided just to swipe a single normal attack, he would not get his kill count.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

It's too hard to play with friends. For instance, if I just am playing with one person and want to continue to play with them (grinding, farming, etc) but we're playing a level that goes faster when u have a full party, it sucks. If you party up and go to a dungeon it's just you and the other person. If you both join a level the odds are you'll be sent to different instances. When you're farming elite or doing tomb runs you can't simply hit join. You also can't join your friend in town very easily (in PL u can see how many people are in a town you're attempting to join and can choose to join a less full town so your friend/s can join you). I hope this made sense. I'm in a chocolate coma.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    It's too hard to play with friends. For instance, if I just am playing with one person and want to continue to play with them (grinding, farming, etc) but we're playing a level that goes faster when u have a full party, it sucks. If you party up and go to a dungeon it's just you and the other person. If you both join a level the odds are you'll be sent to different instances. When you're farming elite or doing tomb runs you can't simply hit join. You also can't join your friend in town very easily (in PL u can see how many people are in a town you're attempting to join and can choose to join a less full town so your friend/s can join you). I hope this made sense. I'm in a chocolate coma.
    Yeah I totally agree with all that (we are the same person after all). So in essence I lied in my previous post. There are several things that irk me.

Since the beginning this party system has been cumbersome. Its great if you have 4 players that are dedicated to doing the same thing at the same time. It becomes a real drag when you have to find someone to join runs with you. Then by the time you do, someone has to leave after the next run. Then you're looking all over again. Unfortunately, some maps just take more time and are more difficult with less than a full party. I know, some of you will say how awesome you are and how everything is so easy. Well, not everyone is that awesome. And even if someone is, its hard to find another person that is dedicated to being that awesome all the time.

Not being able to join town instances is pretty annoying.
    Last edited by Rare; 01-29-2013 at 11:16 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)