Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Founders type helm or shield for different levels of the amount of plat purched

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mejslll View Post
    Ok, so we have as a group have been given different items for supporting Pocket Legends.

Founders for being here in the begining - Vanity - looks cool ( on bears only ) and gives bonus.

Shielf of gratitude - not sure why but thank you (for the partrons of pl) - vanity - no stat bonused - tho it should it would off set ppl who have the founders.

all the bonus items for capping each level - used to give stat bonused - now just vanity - tho enough of them added up gave us the new rings.

ok - so here is the real costomer service - promoting the ppl who buy plat and invest in pocket legends, not just with the time, but with good old hard earned cash!!

*if you buy any plat - vanity something (hat, shield) that gives two armor bonus
    *if you buy 5,000 plat - vanity something that gives two hit bonus
    *if you buy 10,000 plat - vanity pet that gives you 1 dodge
    *if you buy 20,000 plat - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    *if you buy 50,000 plat - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    *if you buy 75,000 plat - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    *if you buy 89,281 plat - you give me some sort of founders type helm that says thank you and we want you to stick around because ppl like you are keeping us in business.

i personally would like (now that we are on the subject) a special pet or helm or shield or body armor that is used as vanity - looks cool - that would be similar in stats to the founders helm. and i have an idea - make it a pet, and it would be the money sign, it will add stats like 1 dodge, 2 hit, 1 regen to both, and 5 armor.

devils advocate... that would piss off every one in end game and give an advantage to the person who would "equip" that item!!!!... yep!! and why shouldnt it? if some one was willing to invest that much money in the game... A) it would keep them around to spend more money B) it would "thank" the person to who invested in to pl/sts C) it would promote some not all to reach that level (prob like 1% would actually qualify for it, half of those dont even pvp and ctf) C) it would be most likley adults who have a better perspective on what is fair and what is not. promoting a better playing game.

what are you thoughts... WOULD LOVE FOR STS TO COMMENT ON THIS AS WELL - in a open disscusion.
    Name:  HowAboutNo.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  59.1 KB
    rhinomagic[/B]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunnyshoota For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Lmao worst idea ever in the whole wide world
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Yes, that gear is bad in PvP and PvE, but plat is used to buy elixirs and elixirs are used to get to the level cap for premium gear. Plus you said vanities. ALL PREMIUM VANITIES COST PLATINUM!!! The only vanities that don't cost plat are event vanities, hoosh hats, and sort of dragon vanities (elixir use). 99.99% of people with over a million gold have bought plat before to get their riches... You could argue that platinum indirectly makes pro players.
    totally totally disagree... i have bought almost 90k plat - i am not over loaded with gold.

think - this my personal story so it is what it is....

i only like pvp and ctf - so i need top crafted gear,

*new cap comes out i grind to top level (times 3 charters)
    *i normally get almost a full str set un crafted and other pieces (dex and int) that i sell
    *now i have to craft and that gets stupid expensive - plat does buy the recipte in stead of finding it in a drop
    *then i sell the old sets that i paid 2- 4 million for each at a huge loss
    *then i take that gold and try to buy 2nd and 3rd set so i dont have to keep switching items
    that is a loss of millions of gold each cap!!

for the record i have about 12 million gold

all that added up doesnt make me Pro !! Pro in my definition and the definition of ppl in end game is dominate player...

Pro comes from skills... skills have nothing to do with plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Ok, so we have as a group have been given different items for supporting Pocket Legends.

Founders for being here in the begining - Vanity - looks cool ( on bears only ) and gives bonus.

Shielf of gratitude - not sure why but thank you (for the partrons of pl) - vanity - no stat bonused - tho it should it would off set ppl who have the founders.

all the bonus items for capping each level - used to give stat bonused - now just vanity - tho enough of them added up gave us the new rings.

ok - so here is the real costomer service - promoting the ppl who buy plat and invest in pocket legends, not just with the time, but with good old hard earned cash!!

*if you buy any plat - vanity something (hat, shield) that gives two armor bonus
    *if you buy 5,000 plat - vanity something that gives two hit bonus
    *if you buy 10,000 plat - vanity pet that gives you 1 dodge
    *if you buy 20,000 plat - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    *if you buy 50,000 plat - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    *if you buy 75,000 plat - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    *if you buy 89,281 plat - you give me some sort of founders type helm that says thank you and we want you to stick around because ppl like you are keeping us in business.

i personally would like (now that we are on the subject) a special pet or helm or shield or body armor that is used as vanity - looks cool - that would be similar in stats to the founders helm. and i have an idea - make it a pet, and it would be the money sign, it will add stats like 1 dodge, 2 hit, 1 regen to both, and 5 armor.

devils advocate... that would piss off every one in end game and give an advantage to the person who would "equip" that item!!!!... yep!! and why shouldnt it? if some one was willing to invest that much money in the game... A) it would keep them around to spend more money B) it would "thank" the person to who invested in to pl/sts C) it would promote some not all to reach that level (prob like 1% would actually qualify for it, half of those dont even pvp and ctf) C) it would be most likley adults who have a better perspective on what is fair and what is not. promoting a better playing game.

what are you thoughts... WOULD LOVE FOR STS TO COMMENT ON THIS AS WELL - in a open disscusion.

what you are promoting is making pl more plat base than they are now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE View Post
    Sorry, but with your multiple posts, and threats to LW over some pixelated items, it's hard to take you serious. But here's my response.

Shield of Gratitude was given to the people that bought all the maps when they cost plat to access.

Not all vanities have lost their stats. Founders, and the party hats still have stats.

The elite vanities lost their stats because a few whiny *female dogs* couldn't wait to cap 3x to have the same bonus.

The rings will be available to you once you cap 2x and elite for 3x.

I support your thought process, but there was a huge discussion about this over a year ago. In the end, it does offer an unfair advantage to PVP people. Until STS can come up with a way to eliminate vanity bonuses while in a PVP arena, then it's pointless to suggest.
    threaten to lw? what does that mean "loozer want-a-b" (and btw it is not a threat - the police have the info and will be knocking on the given address)

several items give addition of one bonus for armor... not just party hats

ofcourse it adds an advantage!!! that is the point of lvling too!!! each level gives better equip and skill and stats... you get a advantage due to your effort, AND THE MAJOR POINT I WANT TO STRESS IS THAT IF YOU ARE RUNNING THIS AS A BISNESS SUPPORT YOUR BEST CUSTOMERS.

IF YOU HAVE A CUSTOMER THAT EXCEEDS A CERTIAN LEVEL OF SALES (BUYING PLAT) THEN GIVE THEM A BONUS!

i also think a bonus should be given to a player that levels to cap with out using any elixers... give him some advantage for being "pure".

and i support your thought on the vanity bonus elimination in pvp /ctf that would be my second choice,

but but but sts should still give a benifit to ppl buying plat a specific levels... this is a just a obvious thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat View Post
    I see Pvp going downhill even further if this is actually happens...
    remember - it would be just for a few ppl... how may ppl would attain that lvl of plat? very few...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Also feel the need to remind folks when they say gimme, that we ARE taken care of.
    How?
    Veterans armor,
    frozen crown,
    angel sets,
    free elixirs both daily and occasional double xp and classy looters,
    free plat, and whatever else I'm forgetting atm.
    Try to remember their kindness.
    great point!!! thanks sts!!! now help the ppl who buy plat all the time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notyocookiez View Post
    Wow did you spend over 89,000 platinum ?
    how did i ? wisely
    why did i ? cuz im lazy, and dont like to farm... so i use elixer
    did i spend it all ? no, last check i have about 1250 left... note: it was bought over a time period

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    Thats not all that was bought

If u EVERRRR find the door im behind, ill be glad to open it for you
    mark not the place to hash this out, but... if you like start a thread and i will be glad to entertain any thing you have to say.

you have stolen things from me, i have the text messages and such to prove all that i have said... i have turned the info over to the correct athorities after several attempts to collect on what you have not provided. and as you know all that info is from your phone with your two addresses... and documentation that you showed id to pick up the cash for what you never finised nor sent to me...

this really has nothing to do with this thread or has to do with pl... so keep it up mark only help me prove you guilt in court.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jcyee View Post
    Not a good idea...Compare how many people would do this compared to those that would not. Too big of a difference
    that is the exact point... life is not fair... so lets give benifits to the ppl who do more, or greater things....

and from a business point of view (not a game point of veiw) it does make sence...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Happiness View Post
    Where do I start? I have been around for a good couple of years. I capped three toons at 56, three at 61, five at 66, five at 71 and three at 76. I am not ashamed to say I used platinum for the last 4 caps. A heck of a lot of platinum. So much platinum that I dare not look at my account to see exactly how much. But, that is personal to me. There is no way on earth I would wear a vanity or anything connected with showing off the amount of platinum I have spent. Neither would I want to look at other players wearing such things. What a hideous and revolting idea. If it should happen....it would be my last day in pl. I am pretty sure STS would never lower themselves to that level.
    well, come find me when and if they pass that out... just give me your items before you quit.

good luck!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onasho View Post
    I don't think STS would want to piss off a big group of players in favor of a few. aside from how much each player is spending, they are also looking at potential revenues.

any subscription base MMO usually runs for how much? around $9 to $15?

so using that as a standard, let's say a common player is likely to willingly spend about $10 a month, that's 75 plats in game. which isn't much based on the requirements you suggested to receive rewards.

and if STS goes with your suggestion, and let's just say for 1 big spending player, 20 common players are pissed off and stop buying plats or eventually quit..

then that's $200 monthly potential revenue lost.

can they recover that $200 revenue from a single player?

Even if the answers is yes, by keeping the 20 common players, they can potentially bring in more players, thus increasing their potential revenue.

if players keep leaving due to unfair game balance or feeling they are in disadvantage. guess what, the ones that are left still playing the game would probably eventually stop feeling "special" or they will find it harder and harder to have others to team up with. And just may eventually quit..

So i don't think it's a good approach.

but, none of my statements above are factual, in fact they maybe far from facts lol.

I'm just stating my opinion.

I do agree that the ones who buy lots of platinum should be rewarded, but just not in a way that would make others feel disadvantaged.
    actually a great point... and honestly a great in depth way of thinking about it...

so that would bring out my second "want" make founders null-effect in pvp/ctf... but give the bonus in pve... same for the plat idea...

thanks for you well thought out comment...

Mej

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Happiness View Post
    I disagree ...platinum buyers do not need rewards. They already have all the advantages. What could be worse than flaunting that in ppls faces? Really! This is an obscene way to try and lord it over people who do not have the same advantages as others. You'll all be wanting non plat buyers to polish your armour next!
    yes - that would come when you buy 110,000 plat and would be a skill you would add points too, more points would be a higher polish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Do I count five posts in a row?...

Anyways, I agree with the original purpose to some degree. Those who spend a lot of money should be rewarded far, far more than they are. However, I don't think it should be in terms of stats unless there is an alternate means of obtaining these same stats without spending money on platinum.

Give them a cool hat! Give them access to places others can't go! Give them pets, armors, free crafted sets, whatever! But don't give them something that puts them above others stat-wise. That will destroy the casual game player base which makes up the majority of PL anyways because people will feel obligated to spend money in order to succeed.

This isn't rocket science. Incentive is everything.
    several post in a row... easy - i have limited time and when i have a chance to answer i try to cover all the questions, rants, and great well thought out posts...

- glad you agree, how bout making what ever (pet,hat,weapon) be a item that gives stats for pve?
    - "Incentive is every thing" - is my point - the game is fun - incentive and recognition is what makes the world turn...

thanks for you well thought out post - thanked you for the input

Mej

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mejslll:960214
    - incentive and recognition is what makes the world turn...
    No. Incentive and recognition are for those that lack self confidence.

Responding to every post here is unnecessary.

And giving out the freebies aren't customer service. That is a revenue boosting idea. Producing a quality game, releasing timely updates, and providing fair and speedy customer support is customer service. If your idea was true customer support , then every company would follow that method.. Spend 10k at Wal-Mart, get a free TV. I don't see that happening...
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default BhoooYaahhh - (just saying)

No. Incentive and recognition are for those that lack self confidence.

Responding to every post here is unnecessary.

And giving out the freebies aren't customer service. That is a revenue boosting idea. Producing a quality game, releasing timely updates, and providing fair and speedy customer support is customer service. If your idea was true customer support , then every company would follow that method.. Spend 10k at Wal-Mart, get a free TV. I don't see that happening...

confidence is:
    1.The feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust: "we had every confidence in the staff".
    2.The state of feeling certain about the truth of something.

how does that relate to incentives and recongition?
    *Recognition is:
    1.The action or process of recognizing or being recognized, in particular being identifed to a thing or person from previous encounters, knowledge or with a group. the point - Are you unconfident in pl? is that why you post a title? or joined a guild?
    *incentives is:
    1.A thing that motivates or encourages one to do something. A payment or concession to stimulate greater output or investment. the point - you said your part of a guild? are you a master? or maybe a officer? why ? are you unconfident or is there another reason?

Point - people can lack confidence in some areas and not others example: if i wanted to bench press 495 lbs i would just climb under it and knock it off would not thinking too much about it cuz i have confidence... i can. if i were to face a snake in the woods i would have the confidence to think clearly and apply the correct actions because in these areas i have confidence.

areas i dont have confidence in ( and there are not many- lol) and i was successful at would not cause me or any one else to want a "badge" for facing that thing you lacked confidence in and succeding... THUS - getting a "thing" for buying plat would not mean i was confident or unconfident it just means i want to be recongnized for something i am proud of. (that would be investing my cash in to a game i am proud of/ and believe in).

just like the system implimented in dl and pl called - Achievements - from there you get in most cases titles - suggested title for buying that much plat "Insane" cool title lol

giving out "free-bees are not customer service" - wrong - it is a form of customer service, in conjunction with what you correctly listed above (about customer service) read above about incentives - i will post it here "A payment or concession to stimulate greater output or investment"

sts has done this many time for us... and we all get a huge warm feeling from it... do we get confidence from it? no, do we lack confidence if they dont do it? no, point - confidence has nothing to do with it. in any way shape or form...

wallmart is a bad anallogy - but that is why many retail customers do offer customer reward programs for spending money in there outlets(stores,on-line)

Incentives are used every day for both customer service and stimulating greater investment in the companies sales.

as for posting to every comment - why do you feel the need to tell me my op is not necessary? i would think i could be respected for my thoughts not critisized... hummmm

hey look at this hummmm... how interesting!!!???!?!

walmart credit card customer incentive program:
    *gives cash back for purchases
    *discount at walmart participating gasstations, 5 cents a gallon
    *no annual fee

"The reward percentages will depend on your total spending during a calendar year and will be .25% on total purchases up to $1,500, .50% on total purchases from $1,500.01 to $3,000 and 1% on total purchases over $3,000. A rebate check will be issued each time you accrue $10 in rewards."

think i will go get a walmart credit card becuase of the incentive program, then use it to buy plat... :-)

and...

"According to Inc., it costs a business about 5-10 times more to acquire a new customer than it does to sell to an existing one -- and on average those current customers of yours spend 67% more than a new one. So, what are you doing to keep your customers coming back to your business? If you’re like 65% of marketers, your company has implemented a loyalty program." ... posted in the direct thought process to buying plat (thus you and me as a customer of sts)
    Last edited by mejslll; 02-07-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

remember - it would be just for a few ppl... how may ppl would attain that lvl of plat? very few...
    So your one of the few who needs founders just to pvp?lmao just so you know not many pvpers are wearing founders anymore spevially endgame pvp

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Do you read what people write, or just see what you wanna see??

Here is an article explaining self confidence, better known as self esteem...
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-esteem

People with high self confidence don't need rewards given to them that others have earned. They don't need recognition for a job well done. And they don't need incentives to keep playing. Give that person good content, and they will be happy.

And I said responding to every post is unnecessary. I didn't say your OP was unnecessary.

You said it yourself, new customers are harder to hold, and old ones spend more. Building good content, giving free elixirs, and the veteran awards keeps the new players playing. Developing new content, getting people hooked on elixirs, having lotto plat packs for items, and awarding them NEW items keeps the old players paying.

Lastly, your cash back incentive is invalid. That is available to everyone, and is used to draw in NEW customers. They don't offer out discontinued items to old customers to keep them. That is what you're asking for. You want something given to you that you were never eligible for.

Here's the definition for eligible...
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=eligible
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ZHEOTARE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skrapicoco View Post
    So your one of the few who needs founders just to pvp?lmao just so you know not many pvpers are wearing founders anymore spevially endgame pvp
    hu? ppl who have founders are not wearing them?

and you have deducted that because i would like a bonus for buying plat as an incentive that i need a founders just to keep up?

really what your saying is your trying to insult me and just dont have the type of attitude to come out and be direct...

some ppl are like that - its ok - that deal with more confidence issues then intelegence ....

zinnnggg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Do you read what people write, or just see what you wanna see??

Here is an article explaining self confidence, better known as self esteem...
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-esteem

People with high self confidence don't need rewards given to them that others have earned. They don't need recognition for a job well done. And they don't need incentives to keep playing. Give that person good content, and they will be happy.

And I said responding to every post is unnecessary. I didn't say your OP was unnecessary.

You said it yourself, new customers are harder to hold, and old ones spend more. Building good content, giving free elixirs, and the veteran awards keeps the new players playing. Developing new content, getting people hooked on elixirs, having lotto plat packs for items, and awarding them NEW items keeps the old players paying.

Lastly, your cash back incentive is invalid. That is available to everyone, and is used to draw in NEW customers. They don't offer out discontinued items to old customers to keep them. That is what you're asking for. You want something given to you that you were never eligible for.

Here's the definition for eligible...
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/d...?word=eligible
    self estem = a feeling of pride in yourself.
    confidence = 1.The feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something;The state of feeling certain about the truth of something.

two very different but directly related things...

point very poor analogy...

the cash back point i posted was directly form walmarts website... so tell them it is invalid... lol cuz bro they are implimenting it whether or not you like it. and i think they know alittle about customer service and retention of customers.

building good content and the such is a given... that is not just for good customers, that is for every one... that is like when you buy a house it has to have a roof or no one will come and look at it, sts has to have good content or know one will come and look at it...

anything else you would like to debate about? cuz brother your points are well taken and we disagree - you can keep arguing your point but i get it... it is not what you want .

so thank you for your op - i have tried to respect it, (excpet for meeting you at the same level of sarcasim) and honestly understand you point - and your not wrong cuz i say so ... your wrong cuz that is just not how good business runs keeps ppl who invest with them.

good luck and just so you know - im pretty sure sts isnt out there trying to design a new "founders" type helm that i would EARN by buying plat to make me feel happy... honestly i will stay with pl cuz i love the content... but i would like some system put in place to recognize ppl who invest in them... like the founders they had faith that pl would be what it is today...
    Last edited by mejslll; 02-07-2013 at 06:55 PM.