Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spamin & scamin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Players trade ? useless?

What about giving mana/hp pots? what about in-pve pots items lending? What about selling items without taxes?

TRades are really important, even if many players use it to scam.. That's why you need to be careful of what you're trading because all the players aren't nice.

About the chat feature, you could do this :

If the same sentence composed of 2words+ is exactly repeated more than 5 times in less than 1min30, a 5 minutes mute
    Fair enough...it's just not a feature of the game that is important to me. I don't trade with ppl except through the CS. If there were no player to player trades there would be no need to spam the same thing over and over. Far too many ppl to mute every single one of them. But, its just my opinion. Didn't want to upset you all!

Trulyhappy Officer of TCG
    It's not always rainbows and butterflies
    It's compromise that moves us along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I use quick chat to welcome my guild members. Trading is important, too. I think STS did a pretty good job against scammers. Just spam isn't any good, but I don't see it often. A delay for quick chat would be good, as I don't see a reason why someone would need to say something over and over quickly without it being spam. Except for marching, but a delay isn't that bad in marching, considering marchers are the only ones talking a lot of times, so thier messages wont be drowned by the time they can quick chat again

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

This is why the mute/ignore option exists. If someone is spamming in town, I just add them to my ignore list. Takes two seconds.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    This is why the mute/ignore option exists. If someone is spamming in town, I just add them to my ignore list. Takes two seconds.
    Same

Tournament & Ladder Leader Bilaxman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoot View Post
    I could live with a cool down, but would it interfere with normal conversation ?
    Perhaps these cool downs could only affect the statements in quick chat?

Interested in joining <The Community Guild>? Click here!
    AL Index of Guides | PL Index of Guides | SL Index of Guides

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

How about having access to CS in guild halls? Then people like myself who do not wish to be troubled by constant begging and spamming can have the option of using the CS without having to stand in Balefort?

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Happiness View Post
    How about having access to CS in guild halls? Then people like myself who do not wish to be troubled by constant begging and spamming can have the option of using the CS without having to stand in Balefort?
    Great idea happy! BUT! There is that one but. Which tier will it be in? What about those people who don't have tier guilds?

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoot View Post
    I'd like to hear some ideas about this growing problem. Mine is to take player to player trades out of the game. I'm sure I'm not seeing the whole picture that's why I'm posting this. Please don't take this as a chance to flame on me for the infractions in this post. I would like to see this problem resolved. Thanks and much love, the Coot
    Easy fix? Different chat channels... General. Pvp. Merching. Guild. Party. And idk cross game maybe who knows. But this way only people looking for spam will be spammed the majority of the time. Marching is the necessary part of an economy in game. I make most of my money by not spending gold to post in the cs. I can sell at a lower price and still make money. EX: 3 m vanity armor costs like 50k to post. So I can sell for 50k less and make the same amount of money and sell it twice as fast because mine is cheaper than cs.
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Great idea happy! BUT! There is that one but. Which tier will it be in? What about those people who don't have tier guilds?
    Well as I am already in the minority about trading/peaceful towns, I will stick my neck out and say make it available in Tier 3 guild halls or even make it a purchasable option for a guild hall?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Happiness View Post
    even make it a purchasable option for a guild hall?
    Oooh you said the magic words.. cha-ching!!! Perhaps this might garner some attention with the gods of Alterra =)

And yes that would be soooo sweet!

<Smile> TheDaftnessL71/TheEvilnessL56/TheDeftnessL51/TheFiercenessL35/DaftxOneL1
    <TCG> TrulyDaftL10 | <TDT> DaftraaaaaawrL66

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I actually miss the quick chat in AL. A lot of my guild members have interesting &/or funny sayings they use when the welcome a new member to the guild. I would miss being able to welcome a new player to the guild with a quick chat if you took it out of PL. or saying a quick "thanks" for a rev, or even saying "your welcome" after someone thanks me. Those are the things that are in my quick chats.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shellkaz View Post
    I actually miss the quick chat in AL. A lot of my guild members have interesting &/or funny sayings they use when the welcome a new member to the guild. I would miss being able to welcome a new player to the guild with a quick chat if you took it out of PL. or saying a quick "thanks" for a rev, or even saying "your welcome" after someone thanks me. Those are the things that are in my quick chats.
    Yes I agree. I wouldn't want quick chat to go. It's a useful and fun feature if used with respect. I wouldn't want it just to go from towns either as that would just force ppl to spam sales in maps. The idea of different chat channels could work though...provided one could turn off the spam channel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I'd rather not loose quickchat but then again I'm not annoyed by spammers. I don't often use the mute button either, cuz I'd rather not perma mute someone and then run into them latter in a dungeon and never hear them because they were once annoying at one point.
    Also like he access cs from guild, and would pay extra for it. Nice idea that.
    Some quickchats never get old like Oldcoot yellin " My hip!" when he dies
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 02-08-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Thanks PO, that one is always good for a chuckle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So there should be a cooldown for quick chat only but not normal chat? Thats basically what I got out of this.