Thread: Ultimate sorcerer "pve" build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

So for pve which one would you take? I' m still undecided. Gale, ice or lightning? Can only choose 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post
    So for pve which one would you take? I' m still undecided. Gale, ice or lightning? Can only choose 2.
    For PvE... I think most people would say frost and lightening. Frost is a great skill and I believe the first choice for a combination of mob killing, mob control, and single target damage for the bosses: great single target damage (equal to lightening without lightening's 15% damage upgrade), damage over time, chance to aoe (with upgrade), and an aoe type slow/freeze. Most people would choose lightening for their second skill to increase their dps and improve their versatility for killing bosses. I prefer gale as outline in my post above, but that is just perdsonal prefernce, and I think most people would disagree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Thanks for your advise. If i do get ice, light and time, which upgrade do you suggest i get so i'd have left over points for passive? (Fire will be maxed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post
    Thanks for your advise. If i do get ice, light and time, which upgrade do you suggest i get so i'd have left over points for passive? (Fire will be maxed)
    Depends on how much u want left over for passives. Must haves for me include:

Fire: stun and DOT upgrades - I go back and forth on the increased area of effect, yes theoretically it will
    do more damage but I often find that it attracts unwanted agro (eg the mob behind jarl) due to its large
    area of effect. Also, I add the 25% hit reduction debuff for pvp, but less important for pve.

Frost: DOT and longer duration of DOT upgrades - I go back and forth on the aoe upgrade as only a
    small chance to do aoe damage and the slow and freeze work as an aoe without this upgrade when
    u charge. The ice patch thing seems totally worthless to me.

Light: I cannot speak as knowledgeably on this one but I would think the 15% damage increase and
    250% crit damage upgrades. Stun for an individual enemy seems worthless to me (except for in PvP)
    as bosses typically don't get stunned. Also for the RIP upgrade, I never like the upgrades that are
    15% chance if you kill the enemy with (like the frost ice patch).... seems like there are other more
    worthwhile things to spend points on.

For life: mana upgrade. If u want to be nice to teammates increase aoe upgrade (although I usually drop
    if pressed for points). The upgrades that give u 5 mana and 10 health for 10 sec start to have diminishing
    returns as you get to be a higher level and 50 mana and 100 health does not mean that much....

Sorry, I forgot you also wanted time....

For time: DOT, exploding clock and root upgrades.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 02-17-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    For life: mana upgrade. If u want to be nice to teammates increase aoe upgrade (although I usually drop
    if pressed for points). The upgrades that give u 5 mana and 10 health for 10 sec start to have diminishing
    returns as you get to be a higher level and 50 mana and 100 health does not mean that much....

Sorry, I forgot you also wanted time....

For time: DOT, exploding clock and root upgrades.
    I have often stressed to sorcs I met in pugs to not heal if their lifesaver have the mana regen and health regen buff, becoz the rogues or warriors will run off with the buffs on them, aggro the mobs and the mobs will come for the sorcs. My lifesaver only have mana recover and increase in range so I can heal my party and not worry of unnecessary aggro.