Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimate sorcerer "pve" build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    For life: mana upgrade. If u want to be nice to teammates increase aoe upgrade (although I usually drop
    if pressed for points). The upgrades that give u 5 mana and 10 health for 10 sec start to have diminishing
    returns as you get to be a higher level and 50 mana and 100 health does not mean that much....

Sorry, I forgot you also wanted time....

For time: DOT, exploding clock and root upgrades.
    I have often stressed to sorcs I met in pugs to not heal if their lifesaver have the mana regen and health regen buff, becoz the rogues or warriors will run off with the buffs on them, aggro the mobs and the mobs will come for the sorcs. My lifesaver only have mana recover and increase in range so I can heal my party and not worry of unnecessary aggro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jammes View Post
    I made This Thread Based on my Expirience

I. Pve Build " DOT"
    The Best PVE Build Is
    1.Frost-4/5 - no ice on the ground
    2.Fire-4/5 no hit rate
    3.Time- 4/5 no less dodge
    4.Life- For rogues and survibability 3/5

This build is highly effective in Trash mobs and bossess

Lightning- i dont like this because mages have a low crit so allow the rogue for crits and even you push to the end and get the highest crit you still cant reach what can rogue achieve in crit
    Shield- Whats the porpuse of tank? but it depends on the warrior
    Gale- Useless just for fun
    Curse- depends on your party you When u use curse you should timming with your party skill it only last long after u use two skill

Pls Comment All the pros and More Expirience Sorcerer Here Im glad to learn more

your build same like me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I have all three classes, and I agree some people above..

My point is, fire ball, ice and time are best for pve. All these skills can stun and slow mobs which gives your party more chance to survive and especially time can hold entire mobs in a place which gives time to run away, pot to save your life and throw some distance attack. And this is why I don't use gale(I hate it when someone use it actually), it will scatter all mobs and make it difficult for other party to finish them.(warrior-sky smash/windmill, rogue-razor/pierce) it might be good for yourself to be survived, but in pve, you have party, and you need them and use them.
    And if I have to choose on between life and shield, I will choose life because like someone said pots are not cheap and (even though some people says mage is not a healer) everyone is going to thank you for your heal. And one warrior's heal is never enough for rogues and the tank itself. (To tank, warrior has to use a LOT more pots than you think. I have seen a lot of mage complain about tanking in pve, but it's not that easy to keep aggro and alive when I am only warrior) But make sure you don't have empowered, cuz it will give you aggro.

It depends on ppl, but I think shield, lightning and gale is good for pvp. (Fire ball is a must to stun) fire ball to stun, when you are surrounded, push opponents out with gale and stun, lightning and run. Something like this. Shield with 2 sec invincibility is awesome for pvp too. But it covers only 500 dmg which is less than any single attack from rogue and warrior.
    So I still like life better(guess you need them both tho). Lifegiver with empowered is GOOD for rogue and yourself too cuz your team will save you too. Rogue is pretty much dead without mana. And mage is the only class that can heal others mana (so I call mage a healer), then you should heal like you ask warriors to tank. You don't play by yourself in this game. It's always smarter to stick with them. =)

So tanks, mana healers, mob holders, stunner, and big damager all together makes your pve really easy. I think.
    Last edited by Excuses; 03-04-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I spec full int all passives dmg-4/5 crit-5/5 intel-5/5 that and Clyde make crits happen ALOT. Plus if you are running Jarl pubs watch how much your crits start adding up
    ZigZag lvl26 Sorcerer
    SaltyWound lvl10 *twink* rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Has anyone figured out if frosts dot ticks add up to an additional 15%? I'm wondering if it is equal to lightning with the 15% increase. I've never seen them compared in that way on the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

from my calculations extended frost dots do more total damage than lightning (non-crits on both)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That is what I thought. Lightning just doesn't do it for me since it is single target. Almost no crowd control and does less damage in general. Maybe one day when you can get 50% crit stable without buffs. Until then frost all day.