Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Server Maintenance - Wed Feb 13th at 1:30 CST for 3 Hours

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Arcane Legends Server Maintenance - Wed Feb 13th at 1:30 CST for 3 Hours

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	server-downtime.jpg 
Views:	4167 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	24383

Arcane Legends will come down for server maintenance starting on Wednesday, February 13th at 1:30 Central (2:30 PM Eastern / 11:30 AM Pacific / 19:30 UTC - GMT). Downtime is expected to last 2 hours. This downtime is for maintenance and is not associated with a game update.

Edit: The maintenance processes are running longer than expected. At this time, we anticipate that the total downtime will be 3 hours and that Arcane Legends will be back up at 4:30 PM Central (5:30 Eastern / 2:30 PM Pacific) Our apologies for the extended nature of the downtime and thanks in advance for your patience.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 02-13-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I hoping it will help with the lag and high pings many have reported recently?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Glad it won't interfere with the wedding

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

What maintenance category? Connection issues?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Definitely hope it's the connection issues.. I've been getting some ridiculously high ping at certain times...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hopes fix the dam lagg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Yep... hope it fixes lag at least!

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

For those who are complaining about latency or lag, if you're playing Arcane Legends and you have a bout of poor performance, you'll want to open up your window and check what the ping time is.

Name:	ping.jpg 
Views:	4134 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	24384

This is the roundtrip time it takes a packet of data to travel across the internet from where you live to where the game server is. If it is yellow or red in color, then your device is having trouble sending and receiving information from the server.

If you consistently have poor ping times, you might want to take the issue up with your internet service provider to see if they can route your traffic around trouble spots.

If the ping time is low (green) then maybe the poor performance is a problem with framerate on your device. Try turning off background applications to free up memory or going into your settings to reduce the graphics in an effort to help your device better display the game.

Hope that helps!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Its not like I get lag everywhere, I only get while fighting big mobs or in pvp. Most of the time everywhere else it's fine,

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Cheap internet also is slow most of the time. If you are like me with a tablet and have sprint network its LAGS bad but I also have time warner cable and run the tablet off wifi so It works perfect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lalarie View Post
    Its not like I get lag everywhere, I only get while fighting big mobs or in pvp. Most of the time everywhere else it's fine,
    This sounds like low frame rate and is probably a result of a low end or older device, or could be that you have too many apps open at the same time. It means your processor is having trouble keeping up with the graphics when a lot of stuff is going on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    This sounds like low frame rate and is probably a result of a low end or older device. It means your processor is having trouble keeping up with the graphics when a lot of stuff is going on. The only fix for that would be a new device.
    Well same thing happens wo my iPad 3..... Not an old device.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    For those who are complaining about latency or lag, if you're playing Arcane Legends and you have a bout of poor performance, you'll want to open up your window and check what the ping time is.

Name:	ping.jpg 
Views:	4134 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	24384

This is the roundtrip time it takes a packet of data to travel across the internet from where you live to where the game server is. If it is yellow or red in color, then your device is having trouble sending and receiving information from the server.

If you consistently have poor ping times, you might want to take the issue up with your internet service provider to see if they can route your traffic around trouble spots.

If the ping time is low (green) then maybe the poor performance is a problem with framerate on your device. Try turning off background applications to free up memory or going into your settings to reduce the graphics in an effort to help your device better display the game.

Hope that helps!
    I never had problems before a few updates back. My normal connection, at home, is 100MBps up/down (fiber, no limit or throttling). Of course you never actually get the real speed, but all tests put it around 80. If I'm on LTE at home I test out 20-30MBps easy. Nothing has changed on my device, no new applications, I monitor all usage stats to make sure my device is running the best it can. I was at a standard 100-130 ping, after the last few updates I get bursts into the thousands. I am currently on vacation back in the US, but the issues are almost identical.

I have tested using the lower graphics settings, but have not noticed any significant differences (besides the graphics look like crap and my battery lasts longer).

As I use Linux and Chrome I cannot use the web client to test if there are any differences. I use an SGSIII HD LTE (Korean model).

Please have the developers and your sysad/netad take another look at the logs. There are a number of people making these reports, and most of them only started after the last few updates.

I would be more than happy to lend any assistance in running any tests that may lead to a possible solution. You have my personal email, please feel free to contact me.

V/r,

Joseph M., CISSP, CEH, CCNA
    MS: Information Security and Assurance (pending Thesis approval and defense)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Well same thing happens wo my iPad 3..... Not an old device.
    That seems really strange then. Ping rate is not dependent upon what is happening in a program. It is just the speed each packet takes to make a round trip. It is not dependent upon how many packets are moving.

You are saying that you only notice the ping rate go up when you are in certain places in the game? That doesn't seem possible. :/

EDIT: Is it possible that your ping rate is high all of the time but you only notice it when you are in certain places? Maybe it only effects your gameplay when there's lots of action going on. I think you need to check your ping rate in the upper left of the menu screen and monitor that. If it's always on the high side, then the issue is with your ISP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too have started to experience huge amounts of lag. There's no lag in the morning and during the day. It starts around 4:00pm eastern standard time. By 8:00 pm the lag is so bad the game is barely playable in pve or pvp. I am playing on a Galaxy 2 and play multiple other games and do not have this issue. I really enjoy playing this game and hope this can be fixed. Until it's fixed I'll be playing all day just can't play in the evenings until the issue's fixed. Best of luck and thank you for making such a great game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    That seems really strange then. Ping rate is not dependent upon what is happening in a program. It is just the speed each packet takes to make a round trip. It is not dependent upon how many packets are moving.

You are saying that you only notice the ping rate go up when you are in certain places in the game? That doesn't seem possible. :/

EDIT: Is it possible that your ping rate is high all of the time but you only notice it when you are in certain places? Maybe it only effects your gameplay when there's lots of action going on. I think you need to check your ping rate in the upper left of the menu screen and monitor that. If it's always on the high side, then the issue is with your ISP.
    My ping is normally 60-140, only in PvP or w4 do I experience lag and DCs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I don't want that Maintenance, Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Haha glad it happened when I still having dream *go to sleep*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Blarggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

This maintenance is underway. Arcane Legends should be back by 3:30 PM Central or sooner. Thanks in advance for your patience!
    | | | |

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: